Daily Current Affairs 23 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. HC puts stay on Sterlite plant construction
- The Madras HC stayed Sterlite Copper’s construction in Tuticorin.
- This comes after 11 people were killed in police firing amidst anti-Sterlite protests.
2. Kumaraswamy takes oath as the CM
- Congress-JD(S) alliance will face the floor test on 24th May,2018.
- This comes after Yeddyurappa resigned minutes before BJP’s floor test.
3. SP emerges as richest regional party
- Samajwadi Party declared assets worth Rs.82.76 cr.
- Of the 32 regional parties, TDP ranked 2nd with Rs.72.92 cr as income.
1. Venezuela expels US envoys
- Prez Nicolas Maduro ordered the expulsion in retaliation to sanctions imposed by US.
- Nicolas was elected for the 2nd term recently.
2. Olga wins Man Booker
- Olga Tokarczuk becomes the 1st Polish author to win Man Booker International Prize.
- Her novel ‘Flights’ was selected out of 108 submissions.
3. SpaceX launches satellites to track water
- SpaceX launched twin NASA satellites that will track Earth’s water cycle.
- The satellites circle the Earth once in every 90 minutes.
4. Microsoft demonstrates chatbot
- The social chatbot ‘Ziaoice’ can hold natural conversations with users.
- The chatbot can create a 10-min audio story for kids in 20 seconds.
1. SBI adds to market cap despite loss
- The bank added Rs.8,077 cr in market capitalization despite posting loss in March quarter .
- SBI’s gross bad loans were at Rs.2.23 tn against Rs.1.99 tn in Dec quarter.
2. Indians pay 35% more for petrol
- Consumers spend 35% more than in Pakistan.
- Pak spends Rs.51.61/l while it is Rs.80.22/l in India.
3. Paytm acquires TicketNew
- Paytm has acquired the ticketing startup for $40 mn.
- TicketNew’s major stake was acquired by Alibaba Pictures last year.
4.Infibeam acquires Vavian
- E-commerce conglomerate Infibeam has acquired 100% stake in Vavian International for Rs.8 cr.
- Vavian International will become a direct subsidiary of Infibeam global.
1. Ronaldo named most famous athlete
- Cristiano Ronaldo has been named as the most famous for the 3rd straight year.
- Virat Kohli rose to 11th spot from 13th .
2. ABD announces retirement from international cricket
- AB de Villiers announced retirement from all forms of international cricket.
- He currently holds the record for the fastest ODI hundred.
3.CSK enter IPL final
- CSK defeated SRH in the Qualifier 1 to enter finals for the 7th time.
- SRH will play with the winner of the Eliminator.
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15