Daily Current Affairs 23 November 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23 November 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23 November 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23 November 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Mumbai civic body to replace 25,000 streetlights with LEDs
- The BMC has announced to replace the streetlights with LEDs by March 2018.
- The first phase of the initiative is expected to cost around Rs.130 cr.
2. PM Modi launches UMANG app
- UMANG is an e-governance app which unifies over 100 central and state govt services.
- UMANG also allows users to link their Aadhaar number and social media accounts with the app.
3. 3 IITs, IISc among top 20 BRICS universities in QS rankings
- IIT-Bombay has moved up to the 9th spot as compared to previous year’s 13th position while IISc slipped to 10th .
- IIT-Delhi and IIT-Madras secured 17th and 18th ranks respectively.
1. Myanmar, Bangladesh sign deal for return of Rohingya Muslims
- They signed a memorandum of understanding for the return of over six lakh Rohingya Muslims who had fled to Bangladesh.
- The crisis started in August after Rohingya Muslims attacked Myanmar’s security forces.
2. Saudi Arabia agrees to allow humanitarian aid to Yemen
- The Saudi-led military coalition fighting Houthi rebels in Yemen has agreed to reopen the war-torn country’s main international airport and a sea port to allow access for aid.
- The ports had been closed to stop flow of arms to Houthis from Iran.
3. France calls UN emergency meeting over Libya slave-trading
- France has called for an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council to discuss slave trading in Libya.
- The comes after reports that migrants heading Europe are being sold as slaves in Libya for around Rs.26,000.
1. Sunil Mittal’s family pledges Rs.7000 cr to charity
- Airtel Chairman Sunil Bharti Mittal has pledged 10% of his wealth to support activities of the group’s philanthropic arm, Bharti Foundation.
- The foundation will set up Satya Bharti University to offer free education to underprivileged youth.
2. Walmart tests self-driving floor-scrubbing robots
- The autonomous robot features cameras,sensors and LiDar that help it manoeuvre down the aisles and dodge obstacles.
- Walmart announced it is deploying shelf scanning robots across 50 locations in the United States.
1. Yuvraj skips Ranji Trophy matches
- Yuvraj Singh has missed four out of his team’s five Ranji Trophy matches as he is working on his fitness at the National Cricket Academy
- He is reportedly training in order to clear the Yo-Yo test which is mandatory for Team India selection.
2. Virender Sehwag to play against Shoaib Akhtar in ice cricket
- The matches are scheduled on Feb 8th and 9th next year in Switzerland.
- Other players like Lasith Malinga and Mohammad Kaif will also participate
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15