Daily Current Affairs 23 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Sangai Festival 2018
- Sangai Festival 2018 aka Manipur Sangai Festival 2018 has begun in Manipur by Manipur Tourism.
- The festival has been named after the Brow-Antlered Sangai Deer which is known to be gentle.
2. 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak
- PM Modi constituted National Implementation Committee (NIC) to commemorate the 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak.
- Head of the committee :- Rajnath Singh, Home Minister.
3. Sashakt Mahila Yojna
- Himachal Pradesh Govt. has accorded its approval to implement Sashakt Mahila Yojna in the state.
- The aim is to empower rural women by providing them an interface for organisation and socio-economic development.
4. Sayaji Ratna Award
- Amitabh Bachchan has been honoured with Sayaji Ratna Award for contribution to social causes.
- Baroda Management Association has instituted a national level Sayaji Ratna Award in 2013 to mark the 151st birth anniversary of Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III, the erstwhile ruler of Baroda. BMA is an institution founded in 1957 in Vadodara and is an organization member of All India Management Association.
5. ‘Export Excellence’ Tag to Bhadohid
- Carpet city Bhadohi will get ‘Export Excellence’ Tag Under the ‘Towns of Export Excellence’ by Directorate General of Foreign Trade.
- Bhadohi is a city in Bhadohi district in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is also known as the “Carpet City,” as it is home to the largest hand-knotted carpet weaving industry hub in South Asia. The city is 45 km west of Varanasi.
1. World Malaria Report
- World Malaria Report has been published by World Health Organisation.
- India has recorded nearly 24% decline in Malaria Cases in between 2016 and 2017.
- India is committed to eliminate malaria by 2027, three years ahead of SDG.
2. 12th World Congress on Mountain Medicine
- The 12th World Congress on Mountain Medicine has started in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Theme :- ‘Mountain Medicine in the Heart of the Himalayas’.
3. William Goldman passes away
- William Goldman has passed away at 87.
- William Goldman was an American novelist, playwright, and screenwriter. He first came to prominence in the 1950s as a novelist, before turning to screenwriting. He won two Academy Awards for his screenplays, first for the western Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and again for All the President’s Men.
4. UN environment chief has resigned
- UN environment chief Erik Solheim has resigned after an audit report found that he had spent excess travel.
- Joyce Msuya (Deputy ED of UNEP) will be appointed as acting Executive Director
- The United Nations Environment Programme, an agency of the United Nations, coordinates the organization’s environmental activities and assists developing countries in implementing environmentally sound policies and practices.
1. India Skills Report 2019
- India Skills Report is compiled by Wheebox (Global Talent Assessment Firm), PeopleStrong (HR Tech Company) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- Employability has increased from 37% to 47.38% in 5 years.
2. Neighbourly App by Google
- Google has launched Neighbourly App for the Indian market.
- It will give hyper local information on neighbourhoods like from information on plumber availability to tuition teachers’ availability.
3. Paytm with LIC
- Paytm has partnered with LIC to offer online insurance premium payments on its platform.
- Life Insurance Corporation of India is an Indian state-owned insurance group and investment company headquartered in Mumbai. It is the largest insurance company in India with an estimated asset value of ₹2,529,390 crore.
- CEO: Renu Satti || Founder: Vijay Shekhar Sharma || Founded: 2010 || Parent organization: One97 Communications || Headquarters: Noida, India
4. Expedia Vacation Deprivation Report 2018
- India is ranked 5th in the list of most vacation deprived nation in the world.
- Expedia Vacation Deprivation Report 2018 is compiled by Expedia(US based travel agency).
- Expedia.com is a travel booking website owned by Expedia Group. The website can be used to book airline tickets, hotel reservations, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages. Expedia is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington.
1. Elite Adidas Athletes
- Adidas has announced its association with India men’s hockey team skipper Manpreet Singh.
- The elite list of athletes that includes Hima Das, Swapna Burman, Rohit Sharma, Kuldeep Yadav, Rishabh Pant, Dipika Pallikal, Zeel Desai, Nikhat Zareen, Siddhanth Banthia, and Manjot Kalra to name a few.
2. BWF World Junior Championship 2018
- Shuttler Lakshya Sen won the bronze medal in Men’s Single event.
- LI NING BWF World Junior Championship was organized at Markham, Canada
3. ICC with Google
- ICC has partnered with Google to offer the user a viewing experience of the upcoming semi-finals and final of the ICC Women’s World T20.
- This will include the Casting the Video from ICC Mobile App.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15