Daily Current Affairs 23 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1.India’s first Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra launched in New Delhi.
- The Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh along with Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated India’s first Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra(PMKK) for skilling in smart cities in collaboration with New Delhi Muncipal Council(NDMC).
- It is launched under Skill India Mission
2.Government names ex-IB chief to lead dialogue in J&K.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh said that the government will start a sustained dialogue in Jammu and Kashmir, with former IB chiefDineshwar Sharma as the centre’s representative.
- He said that it will help understand legitimate aspirations of people in J&K.
1.Bangladesh signs Gas Oil deal with India.
- Bangladesh has signed a long-term sales and purchase agreement with an Indian refiner to import gas oil to meet the country’s energy demand.
- The deal between Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation and Numaligarh Refinery Ltd was signed in presence of India’s external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj.
2.Shinzo Abe retains supermajority in Japan elections.
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe stormed to a landslide “super-majority” in snap Japanese elections.
- Abe, 63, is now on course to become Japan’s longest-serving premier, winning a fresh term at the helm of the world’s third-biggest economy and key US regional ally.
3.WHO withdraws Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe’s Goodwill ambassador title.
- WHO announced that it had bestowed the honour of goodwill ambassador on Mugabe in recognition of his government’s efforts in fighting NCDs.
- WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, however, said in a statement on that he had listened to those expressing concerns and heard the different issues they had raised.
1.GST rate structure needs complete overhaul: Hasmkukh Adhia.
- Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia has said that a complete overhaul of GST rates is now required to reduce the burden on small and medium businesses.
- ”Wherever we find there is a big burden on small and medium businesses and on common man, we have to bring them down” he said.
2.IPPB appoints Suresh Sethi as its MD and CEO.
- India Post Payments Bank(IPPB) has appointed Mr. Suresh Sethi as its Managing Director and Chief Executive officer. He was former MD of Vodafone M-Pesa Ltd.
- Aapka Bank, Aapke Dwaar is the tagline of IPPB.
3.Rakesh Asthana appointed CBI Special Director.
- Gujarat cadre IPS officer Rakesh Asthana was appointed the Special Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation(CBI).
- Alok Kumar Verma is the present Director of CBI.
1.India clinches Asia Cup Hockey title 3rd time.
- India defeated Malaysia 2-1 in final of the Hockey Asia Cup in Dhaka, to win the tournament for the third time.
- India, who have finished as the tournament’s runners-up five times previously, have now won the joint second most number of Asia Cup titles, alongside Pakistan.
2.Lewis Hamilton wins US Grand Prix.
- Mercedes’ British driver Lewis Hamilton won the US Grand Prix, leaving him 66 points ahead in the driver’s championship table.
- Hamilton needs to finish inside the top-five in Mexico to seal his fourth title.
3.Kidambi Srikanth wins his third superseries title of 2017.
- Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth defeated South Korea’s Lee Hyun to win the Denmark Open.
- K Srikanth, who won the Indonesia Open and the Australian Open earlier this year and was runner up at the Singapore Open, defeated World No 22.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15