Daily Current Affairs 23 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. NITI Lecture Series
- NITI Aayog has conducted the 4th edition of NITI Lecture Series at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Keynote Speaker :- Jensen Huang, President and Co-Founder, NVIDIA Corporation.
- Theme :- ‘AI for ALL: Leveraging Artificial Intelligence for Inclusive Growth’.
2. India’s First Domestic Cruise
- Cruise ‘Angriya’ has been inaugurated at Mumbai by Nitin Gadkari and CM Devendra Fadnavis.
- The cruise will operate between Mumbai and Goa.
- It is named after the first Maratha Navy Admiral Kanhoji Angre and the Angria bank coral reef near Vijaydurg.
3. Atal – 1,2,3,4
- It is the name of four Himalayan peaks near Gangotri of Uttarkashi after former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Sabarmati Ghat, Gujrat —— ‘Atal Ghat’.
- The new capital of Chhattisgarh, Naya Raipur ——– ‘Atal Nagar’.
4. National Police Memorial
- PM Modi has inaugurated the National Police Memorial Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.
- In recognition of the sacrifice made by police personnel since independence.
- It is a 30 feet monolith carved out of a single piece of granite.
5. Ustad Chand Khan Lifetime Achievement Award
- Pandit Vishwa Mohan Bhatt will be conferred by Ustad Chand Khan Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, also known as V. M. Bhatt, is Grammy-winning Hindustani classical music instrumentalist who plays the Mohan veena.
1. Shimomura Passes Away
- Nobel Prize winner(Chemistry),Osamu Shimomura (Japan) has passed away at 90.
- Osamu Shimomura was a Japanese organic chemist and marine biologist, and Professor Emeritus at Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, Massachusetts and Boston University School of Medicine.
2. Feihong-98 (FH-98)
- China has successfully tested world’s largest unmanned transport drone ‘Feihong-98 (FH-98)’.
- It is able to carry a payload of 1.5 tonnes
3. Richard Branson to step down
- Richard Branson will be stepping down as chairman of Virgin Hyperloop One.
- Richard Branson is an English business magnate, investor, author and philanthropist. He founded the Virgin Group, which controls more than 400 companies.
4. Internal security cooperation agreement
- India and China has inked their first-ever internal security cooperation agreement.
- It is aimed at strengthening assistance in counter-terrorism, organised crimes and exchange of information.
1. IFC’s Masala Bond Programme
- International Finance Corporation has launched $1 billion masala bond programme in the US and Europe.
- Masala bonds are bonds issued outside India but denominated in Indian Rupees, rather than the local currency. Masala is an Indian word and it means spices. The term was used by the International Finance Corporation (IFC) to evoke the culture and cuisine of India.
2. 27th Fusion Energy Conference
- The 27th Fusion Energy Conference (FEC 2018) was held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- It is is organised by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and hosted by Department of Atomic Energy and Gandhinagar-based Institute of Plasma Research.
3. Panel to examine the functioning of EPFO
- Govt. has drafted a panel to examine the functioning of the Employees Provident Fund Organisation.
- Head of Panel : Kirit Somaiya (BJP MP)
4. ‘PayPay’ From paytm
- Paytm has launched its wallet service ‘PayPay’ in Japan for the first time.
- It is a joint venture with Soft-Bank and Yahoo Japan.
1. US Grand Prix
- Kimi Raikkonen won the United States Grand Prix.
- Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, nicknamed “Iceman”, is a Finnish racing driver currently driving in Formula One for Scuderia Ferrari.
2. 60 international hundreds
- Virat Kohli has become the fastest cricketer to score 60 international hundreds.
- 1. Sachin 100
- 2. Ricky Ponting 71
- 3. Sangakara Kumar 63
- 4. Jacques Kallis 62
- 5. Virat Kohli 60
3. Wrestling World Championship
- Bajrang Punia won silver in men’s freestyle 65 kilograms event.
- The 2018 World Wrestling Championships are the 15th edition of World Wrestling Championships of combined events and are to be held from October 20 to 28 in Budapest, Hungary.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15