Daily Current Affairs 23rd 24th September 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23rd 24th September 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23rd 24th September 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23rd 24th September 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Prime Minister Street Vendor’s Amta Nirbhar Nidhi Scheme (PM SVANidhi)
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has launched Prime Minister Street Vendor’s Amta Nirbhar Nidhi Scheme (PM SVANidhi).
- Facilitating collateral free working capital loans upto Rs 10,000 of 1 year tenure, to about 50 lakh street vendors.
- The approved outlay for PM SVANidhi scheme is 600 crore.
2. ‘Ghar Tak Fibre’ Scheme
- PM Modi has launched ‘Ghar Tak Fibre’ Scheme in Bihar.
- The project will connect 45,945 villages in the state
1. Social Stock Exchange by SEBI
- SEBI has constituted a technical group on Social Stock Exchange headed by Harsh Kumar Bhanwala.
- SEBI: Headquarters: Mumbai || Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
1. Acquisition of 100% equity shares of Medlife by API Holdings
- Competition Commission of India has approved the acquisition of 100% equity shares of Medlife by API Holdings.
- Chairperson of Competition Commission of India: Ashok Kumar Gupta.
1. Book ‘Voices of Dissent’
- Book ‘Voices of Dissent’ is authored by Historian Romila Thapar.
- Romila Thapar is an Indian historian whose principal area of study is ancient India. She is the author of several books including the popular volume, A History of India, and is currently Professor Emerita at Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi.
2. Book ‘Kitchens of Gratitude’
- Book titled ‘Kitchens of Gratitude’ is authored by Chef Vikas Khanna.
- Chef Vikas Khanna will also be honoured with the 2020 Asia Game Changer Award in October.
1. Advisor to IMF Executive Director
- Simanchala Dash appointed as advisor to IMF Executive Director.
- IMF: Headquarters: Washington DC || Managing Director: Kristalina Georgieva.
1. International Day of Sign Languages
- International Day of Sign Languages is celebrated annually across the world on 23 September every year along with International Week of the Deaf.
- The choice of 23 September is the same date that the World Federation of the Deaf was established in 1951.
- Theme: Sign Languages Are for Everyone!
2. World Rhino Day
- World Rhino Day is observed on 22 September every year.
- The day intends to celebrate rhinos across the world in unique ways. The World Rhinoceros Day was announced by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) in 2010.
- Theme: Five Rhino Species Together
3. Car-Free Days
- World Car Free Day, which is celebrated on September 22, encourages motorists to give up their cars for a day.
- Organized events are held in some cities and countries. The events, which vary by location, give motorists and commuters an idea of their locality with fewer cars.
4. World Maritime Day
- World Maritime Day 2020 is observed globally on 24th September by International Maritime Organization.
- Theme: ‘Sustainable shipping for a sustainable planet’.
- International Maritime Organization: Headquarters location: London || Secretary- General: Kitack Lim.
1. Suresh Angadi passes away
- Minister of State for Railways Suresh Angadi has passed away.
- He is the leader of Bharatiya Janata Party in Karnataka. He is a Member of the 16th Lok Sabha and 17th Lok Sabha from Belagavi.
Agreements and MoUs
1. ITBP with Uttarakhand
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police has tied-up with Uttarakhand Govt to promote adventure tourism.
- Director-General of ITBP: Surjeet Singh Deswal.
- Uttarakhand: Chief Minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat || Governor: Baby Rani Maurya.
1. Exercise PASSEX
- Indian Navy has commenced a Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with Royal Australian Navy.
- Australia: Prime minister: Scott Morrison || Capital: Canberra
1. Sports Player Ash Barty
- No. 1 Women’s Tennis Association player in the world and a former professional cricket player, Ashleigh Barty has won Brookwater Golf Club women’s championship.
- Ashleigh Barty is an Australian professional tennis player and former cricketer. She is ranked No. 1 in the world in singles by the Women’s Tennis Association and is the second Australian WTA singles No. 1 after fellow Indigenous Australian Evonne Goolagong Cawley.