Daily Current Affairs 23rd 24th August 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23rd 24th August 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23rd 24th August 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23rd 24th August 2020 Current affairs test.
1. first state to provide Govt Job on basis of NRA marks
- Madhya Pradesh has become the first state to provide Government Jobs on the basis of marks obtained in exams conducted by National Recruitment Agency.
- National Recruitment Agency is a central agency established by the Indian Government, that will conduct a Common Eligibility Test for selection to non-gazetted posts in the central government and public sector banks.
2. The cleanest state of India
- Chhattisgarh has been declared as the cleanest state of India as per the Cleanliness Survey 2020 organized by Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry.
- In Chhattisgarh, 100% door to door garbage collection was ensured.
1. Senator Kamala Harris
- Senator Kamala Harris has become the first Indian American to accept Democratic Party nomination for Vice President in USA.
- Kamala Devi Harris is an American politician and lawyer who has served as the junior United States senator from California since 2017. She is the presumptive Democratic vice presidential nominee in the 2020 election.
2. First Arab nuclear plant to power grid
- UAE has connected first Arab nuclear plant ‘Barakah’ to power grid
- UAE: President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan || Capital: Abu Dhabi || Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
1. Green Deposit Programme
- HSBC India has launched Green Deposit Programme for corporate clients.
- HSBC India: Headquarters: Mumbai || CEO: Surendra Rosha
2. Bharti AXA with ICICI Lombard
- Bharti AXA’s non-life insurance business is set to merge with ICICI Lombard General Insurance.
- It will create the third largest non-life insurance company of India.
3. NPCI International Payments Ltd
- National Payments Corporation of India launched its international arm NPCI International Payments Ltd.
- Aim: To expand real-time payment system Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and card payment network RuPay in other countries.
- NIPL will be headed by Ritesh Shukla as Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- NPCI: Headquarters location: Mumbai || MD & CEO: Dilip Asbe
1. Flipkart with Sastodeal of Nepal
- Flipkart has entered into a strategic partnership with Nepal’s Sastodeal to help lakhs of Flipkart sellers get access to e-commerce market of Nepal.
- Flipkart: CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy || Headquarters: Bangalore
2. IBM and National Skill Development Corporation
- IBM with the National Skill Development Corporation to offer free digital skills training to learners in India.
- IBM: Executive Chairman: Virginia M. Rometty || CEO: Arvind Krishna || Headquarters: New York
1. Book ‘India Tomorrow: Conversations with the Next Generation of Political Leaders’
- Book ‘India Tomorrow: Conversations with the Next Generation of Political Leaders’ is authored American academicians Pradeep Chhibber and Harsh Shah.
- It is published by Oxford University Press.
2. Grandparents’ Bag of Stories
- Book titled ‘Grandparents’ Bag of Stories’ is authored by Sudha Murthy.
- Sudha Murthy is an Indian engineering teacher, Kannada, Marathi and English author as well as a Social worker. She is also the Chairperson of the Infosys Foundation.She is the wife of co-founder of Infosys, N. R. Narayana Murthy. Sudha Murthy began her professional career in computer science and engineering.
3. Book One Arranged Murder
- Book ‘One Arranged Murder’ has been authored by Chetan Bhagat.
- Chetan Prakash Bhagat is an Indian author and columnist. He was included in Time magazine’s list of World’s 100 Most Influential People in 2010. Bhagat graduated in mechanical engineering at IIT Delhi and completed an MBA at IIM Ahmedabad.
Science and Technology News
1. Harit Path app
- Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari has launched ‘Harit Path’ Mobile App.
- Aim: to monitor the plantation along the national highways.
1. new Election Commissioner
- Rajiv Kumar has been appointed as the new Election Commissioner following resignation of Ashok Lavasa
- Sunil Arora is the present Chief Election Commissioner of India.
- The Chief Election Commissioner heads the Election Commission of India, a body constitutionally empowered to conduct free and fair elections to the national and state legislatures and of President and Vice-President.
2. Managing Director of the State Bank of India
- Ashwani Bhatia has been appointed as one of the Managing Director of the State Bank of India
- Other three Managing Directors: Dinesh Kumar Khara || Arijit Basu || C.S. Setty
- SBI: Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar || Headquarters: Mumbai
1. World Snooker Championship
- Ronnie O’Sullivan has won sixth World Snooker Championship at Crucible.
- Ronald Antonio O’Sullivan OBE is an English professional snooker player who is the current world champion. He is widely considered one of the greatest players in the history of the sport.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,23rd 24th August