Daily Current Affairs 23rd 24th July 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23rd 24th July 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23rd 24th July 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23rd 24th July 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Consumer Protection Act, 2019
- Consumer Protection Act, 2019 has been implemented and has replaced Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
- Aim: To offer protection to buyers from traditional sellers as well as from the new e-commerce retailers/platforms.
- Minister of Consumer Affairs: Ram Vilas Paswan.
1. International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement
- Nicaragua has become the latest country to join the International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement.
- International Solar Alliance: Director General: Upendra Tripathy || Headquarters: Gurugram, Haryana
- Nicaragua: Capital: Managua || Currency: Nicaraguan córdoba
2. Tianwen-1 Mars rover mission
- China has launched first fully homegrown ambitious Tianwen-1 Mars rover mission.
- China: President– Xi Jinping || Capital– Beijing || Currency– Renminbi
1. Airtel Payments Bank with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)
- Airtel Payments Bank has partnered with NSDC to train rural youth for financial services jobs.
- Airtel Payment Bank: Headquarters location: New Delhi || CEO: Anubrata Biswas
- NSDC: CEO: Manish Kumar || Headquarters location: New Delhi
2. UPI Autopay
- National Payments Corporation of India has launched ‘UPI Autopay’ which is a facility for recurring payments at regular intervals.
- NPCI: Headquarters: Mumbai || Non-Exe Chairman: Biswamohan Mahapatra || MD & CEO: Dilip Asbe
1. Book ‘The Pandemic Century’
- Book ‘The Pandemic Century’ has been authored by British medical historian Mark Honigsbaum.
- It tells the history of global contagion dating from the Spanish Flu (1918) to the present day COVID-19.
Science and Technology News
1. Dhruvastra Missile
- DRDO has test-fired ‘Made In India’ anti-tank Guided Nag Missile ‘Dhruvastra’.
- DRDO: Chairman: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy || Headquarters: New Delhi
2. Bharat Drone
- Defence Research and Development Organisation has provided ‘Bharat’ Drones to the Indian Army for accurate surveillance.
- Chief of the Army Staff: Manoj Mukund Naravane.
1. CEO of MicroFinance Institutions Network
- Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN) has appointed Dr Alok Misra as its new Chief Executive Officer.
- Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN) is an association for the microfinance sector in India. Its member organizations constitute the leading microfinance institutions in the country.
- HQ: Gurgaon, Haryana
2. MD & CEO of Karur Vysya Bank
- Ramesh Boddu has been appointed as MD & CEO of Karur Vysya Bank.
- Headquarters: Karur
1. National Broadcasting Day
- National Broadcasting Day was celebrated on 23rd July.
- In 1927, the first-ever radio broadcast in the country went on the air from the Bombay Station under the Indian Broadcasting Company.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. First Gulbenkian Prize for Humanity
- Swedish Environmental activist Greta Thunberg has been awarded first Gulbenkian Prize for Humanity.
- Greta Thunberg is a Swedish environmental activist who has gained international recognition for promoting the view that humanity is facing an existential crisis arising from climate change.
1. Passage Exercise (PASSEX)
- Indian Navy has conducted a Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with the US Navy in the Indian Ocean.
- Chief of Naval Staff: Admiral Karambir Singh.
1. National Dope Testing Laboratory
- World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has extended the suspension of India’s National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL) by another six months.
- The World Anti-Doping Agency is a foundation initiated by the International Olympic Committee based in Canada to promote, coordinate and monitor the fight against drugs in sports.
- Headquarters: Montreal, Canada