Daily Current Affairs 23rd 24th June 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23rd 24th June 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23rd 24th June 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23rd 24th June 2020 Current affairs test.
1. YUKTI (Young India combating COVID with Knowledge, Technology and Innovation)
- HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has launched the 2nd phase of YUKTI (Young India combating COVID with Knowledge, Technology and Innovation).
- It is an initiative of the HRD Ministry to identify ideas relevant in COVID pandemic.
2. Indira Rasoi Yojna
- Rajasthan Govt to launch Indira Rasoi Yojna for the poor to ensure that no one sleeps hungry.
- Rajasthan: Governor: Kalraj Mishra || Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
1. Virtual EAG Plenary Meet
- India has attended 32nd Eurasian Group on Combating Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism (EAG) plenary meeting.
- EAG is a nine member regional body of India, Russia, China, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
2. United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East
- India has pledged to contribute USD 10 million in United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East over next 2 years
- The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) is an UN agency created in December 1949 to support the relief and human development of Palestinian refugees
3. Arms Trade Treaty
- China is all set to join United Nations Arms Trade Treaty to enhance ‘peace And Stability’.
- The Arms Trade Treaty is a multilateral treaty that regulates the international trade in conventional weapons. It entered into force on 4th December 2014. 105 states have ratified the treaty, and a further 32 states have signed but not ratified it.
1. Swasth Card by Yes Bank
- Yes Bank has launched a co-branded healthcare card ‘Swasth Card’ with fintech startup Affordplan.
- Yes Bank: Headquarters: Mumbai || Yes Bank MD & CEO: Prashant Kumar || Yes Bank Tagline: Experience our Expertise.
2. Cooperative banks under supervision of RBI
- Indian Government will bring an ordinance to bring all cooperative banks under RBI.
- RBI 25th Governor: Shaktikanta Das || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata.
3. 36th ASEAN Summit
- The 36th ASEAN Summit being hosted by Vietnam through teleconference.
- The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (more commonly known as ASEAN) is an intergovernmental organization aimed primarily at promoting economic growth and regional stability among its members.
- Members: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Headquarters: Jakarta, Indonesia
1. Top Stock Exchanges by World Federation of Exchanges
- BSE has been ranked at 10th position among the world’s 10 largest exchanges by the World Federation of Exchanges.
- Top Three:
- 1. New York Stock Exchange
- 2. Nasdaq
- 3. Tokyo Stock Exchange
1. Book ‘Legend of Suheldev’
- Amish Tripathi has launched new book ‘Legend of Suheldev: The King Who Saved India’.
- Amish Tripathi is an Indian diplomat, columnist, and author. He is known for his books like The Immortals of Meluha , The Secret of the Nagas, The Oath of the Vayuputras, Ram: Scion of Ikshvaku, Sita: Warrior of Mithila, Raavan: Enemy of Aryavarta
1. CEO of Financial Conduct Authority of UK
- Indian-origin chief of the London Stock Exchange Nikhil Rathi has been appointed as the CEO of Financial Conduct Authority of UK.
- The Financial Conduct Authority is a financial regulatory body in the United Kingdom, but operates independently of the UK Government, and is financed by charging fees to members of the financial services industry.
1. United Nations Public Service Day
- The United Nations Public Service Day is celebrated on June 23 of every year.
- The prestigious UN Public Service Awards are given away on this day.
2. International Widow’s Day
- International Widow’s Day takes place annually on 23 June.
- International Widows Day is a United Nations ratified day of action to address the “poverty and injustice faced by millions of widows and their dependents in many countries”.
3. International Olympic Day
- International Olympic Day was observed on 23rd June.
- International Olympic Day. Olympic Day was introduced in 1948 to commemorate the birth of the modern Olympic Games on 23 June 1894 at the Sorbonne in Paris.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Peace Prize of the German Book Trade
- Amartya Sen has been awarded Peace Prize by the German Book Trade.
- Amartya Sen was awarded the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in 1998 and India’s Bharat Ratna in 1999 for his work in welfare economics.
1. Head Coach of Uttarakhand cricket team
- Former Indian Cricketer Wasim Jaffer has been appointed the head coach of the Uttarakhand cricket team.
- Wasim Jaffer is an Indian former cricketer. He is a right-handed opening batsman and an occasional right arm off-break bowler. He is currently the highest run-scorer in Ranji Trophy cricket, surpassing Amol Muzumdar. In November 2018, he became the first batsman to score 11,000 runs in the competition.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,23rd 24th June