Daily Current Affairs 23rd 24th October 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23rd 24th October 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23rd 24th October 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23rd 24th October 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Andorra joins the IMF
- Andorra has joined the International Monetary Fund and becomes the organization’s 190th member.
- IMF: Managing Director: Kristalina Georgieva || Chief Economist: Gita Gopinath || Headquarters: Washington
- Andorra is a tiny, independent principality situated between France and Spain in the Pyrenees mountains.
2. Chairmanship of International Labour Organisation’s Governing Body
- India has assumed the chairmanship of the governing body of the International Labour Organisation.
- Labour secretary Apurva Chandra has been elected as the chairperson of the governing body.
- ILO: Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland || Head: Guy Ryder
1. Committee for Market Data Sharing
- Securities and Exchange Board of India has constituted a Standing Committee, Market Data Advisory Committee (MDAC).
- The committee is headed by Madhabi Puri Buch, Whole Time Member, SEBI.
- Aim: To recommend appropriate policy for access to securities market data, identify segment-wise data perimeters, data needs and gaps, recommend data privacy and data access regulations applicable to market data.
1. World’s Best Employer 2020 in India
- NTPC has ranked first among Indian PSUs in ‘World’s Best Employer 2020’ by Forbes.
- National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, is an Indian Public Sector Undertaking, engaged in the business of generation of electricity and allied activities. It is a company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956 and is promoted by the Government of India.
2. ‘Make in Odisha’ conclave
- Government of India has partnered with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) for Make-in-Odisha 2020.
- FICCI : Headquarters location: New Delhi || President: Sangeetha Reddy
3. Parle agro with Priyanka Chopra Jonas
- Parle agro ropes in Priyanka Chopra Jonas as brand ambassador for its fruits plus fizz portfolio ‘B-Fizz’.
- Parle Agro Private Limited is an Indian company that owns Frooti, Appy, LMN, Hippo and Bailley brands.
1. Book ‘Portraits Of Power’
- Economist and bureaucrat NK Singh has released his autobiography titled ‘Portraits of Power’.
- NK Singh is currently serving as the Chairman of the 15th Finance Commission.
1. World Snow Leopard’s Day
- October 23 is celebrated as World’s Snow Leopard Day.
- Aim: To protect and conserve snow leopards and other wildlife of the Himalayas.
2. World Polio Day
- World Polio Day was established by Rotary International on 24th October to celebrate the birth of Jonas Salk.
- Rotary International established the World Polio Day over a decade ago to commemorate the birth of Jonas Salk, who led the first team to develop a vaccine against Polio.
- Theme: ‘A win against polio is a win for global health’.
3. United Nations Day
- The United Nations officially came into existence on 24 October 1945.
- The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization that aims to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations.
4. World Development Information Day
- World Development Information Day is held on October 24 by United Nations.
- Aim: To draw the attention of world public opinion to development problems and the need to strengthen international cooperation to solve them for overall growth and development.
1. Vijayalakshmi Ramanan passes away
- First woman IAF officer Wing Commander Vijayalakshmi Ramanan has passed away.
- Vijayalakshmi Ramanan VSM was an Indian physician and career army officer. She was the first woman to be commissioned as an Indian Air Force officer, and served as a surgeon in several military hospitals in India. She was a recipient of the army’s Vishisht Seva Medal in 1977 and retired as a wing commander in 1979.
1. INS Kavaratti
- Chief of Army Staff General MM Naravane has commissioned the Anti-Submarine Warfare stealth corvette INS Kavaratti into the Indian Navy.
- INS Kavaratti is built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited (GRSE), Kolkata
1. 2020 Sheikh Russel International Air Rifle Championship
- World number one Elavenil Valarivan of India won the gold medal in women’s event of the 2020 Sheikh Russel International Air Rifle Championship.
- Japan’s Naoya Okada won the gold in the men’s event, while India’s Shahu Tushar Mane bagged a silver.