Daily Current Affairs 23rd November 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 23rd November 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23rd November 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 23rd November 2023 Current affairs test.
1. Kishtwar Saffron from Jammu and Kashmir Receives GI Tag:
- The esteemed Geographical Indications Registry has awarded the Geographical Indication (GI) tag to Kishtwar saffron, a distinguished spice cultivated in the Kishtwar Region of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Known in Sanskrit as ‘KumKum’ or ‘Lohit,’ and in Persian as ‘Zafron,’ this saffron is celebrated not only as a culinary ingredient but also for its medicinal properties and significance in Hindu traditions, where it is used as a tilak on the forehead.
2. ‘New Education for New India’ Campaign Launched in Odisha by President of India:
- President Smt Droupadi Murmu inaugurated the ‘New Education for New India’ campaign initiated by Brahma Kumaris, Sambalpur, in Odisha.
- The campaign emphasizes the importance of moral education in nurturing responsible citizens and creating a better society.
- Prajapita Brahma Kumaris Ishwariya Vishwa Vidyalaya’s role in promoting character-building and self-realization was highlighted as essential to achieving happiness and peace.
3. Israel and Hamas Reach Truce and Hostage Release Deal:
- A significant diplomatic agreement has been reached between Israel and Hamas, involving the release of 50 women and children kidnapped by Palestinian militants during a raid into southern Israel.
- The deal also includes a four-day truce in Gaza following intense warfare.
- The Hostages and Missing Families Forum group expressed relief, while Hamas hailed the truce as a humanitarian gesture.
4. ASEAN-India Millet Festival 2023 Commences in Indonesia:
- The ASEAN-India Millet Festival 2023, a joint venture between the Indian Mission to ASEAN and India’s Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, commenced in South Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Featuring five Indian FPOs and two startups, the festival showcases innovative millet-based products and aims to enhance awareness about millets as part of the ASEAN-India Joint Leaders’ Statement on Strengthening Food Security and Nutrition.
5. Israel Declares Lashkar-E-Taiba as a Terrorist Organization:
- Israel has officially designated the Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) as a terrorist organization, aligning with its commitment to the global fight against terror.
- This announcement, made ahead of the 15th anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, also coincides with Israel’s military operation in the Gaza Strip.
6. Kerala’s Responsible Tourism Mission Recognized by UNWTO:
- Kerala’s Responsible Tourism (RT) Mission has gained international recognition by featuring on the United Nations World Tourism Organisation’s list of Case Studies.
- Launched in 2017, the RT Mission, under the guidance of Kerala’s Chief Minister, aims to integrate responsible tourism practices statewide.
7. Meghalaya Launches ‘Water Smart Kid Campaign’:
- Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K. Sangma initiated the ‘Meghalaya Water Smart Kid Campaign’ to educate the youth about water conservation.
- Part of the Jal Jeevan Mission, the campaign complements the state government’s efforts in constructing water reservoirs for effective water harnessing.
8. Odisha Reports Significant Mining Revenue Growth:
- Odisha Chief Secretary P K Jena announced a substantial increase in the state’s mining revenue, from Rs 4,900 crore in 2016-17 to Rs 50,000 crore in the fiscal year 2021-22.
- This growth highlights the mining sector’s central role in boosting Odisha’s economy.
9. Indian Army Participates in Joint Military Exercise AUSTRA-HIND 23 in Australia:
- An Indian Armed Forces contingent is participating in AustraHind 23, a joint military exercise with Australia, focusing on multi-domain operations in urban and semi-urban terrains.
- The exercise, held in Perth, includes personnel from the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force.
Sumedha Deployed in Mozambique for Naval Cooperation:
- As part of its extended operational deployment to Africa, Indian Naval Ship Sumedha arrived at Maputo, Mozambique.
- This deployment aims to strengthen maritime cooperation between India and Mozambique and is part of the Indian Navy’s mission to build international maritime relationships.
11. Decrease in Formal Job Creation Indicated by EPFO Data:
- The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) reported a 10.1% decline in new subscribers in the first half of the fiscal year 2023-24, suggesting a slowdown in formal job creation in India.
- This trend raises concerns about the informal nature of job growth in the economy.
12. Projected Slowdown in Growth of Unsecured Retail Loans in India:
- Following regulatory changes by the Reserve Bank of India, a slowdown in the growth of unsecured retail loans is expected in Mumbai.
- Crisil Ratings predicts a marked deceleration compared to the previous year’s 45% expansion.
13. Nippon Life India AIF to Raise Funds for Private Credit Expansion:
- Nippon Life India Asset Management is venturing into private credit, aiming to raise ₹1,000 crore through its Alternative Investment Fund.
- The fund targets high-net-worth individuals and family offices, focusing on strategic deals with a green shoe option for additional capital.
Summits & Conferences News
14. Bengal Attracts Investments Worth Rs 3.76 Trillion at BGBS:
- The Bengal Global Business Summit concluded successfully with Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announcing investment commitments of Rs 3.76 trillion.
- The summit saw participation from around 40 countries, positioning Bengal as a potential industrial hub.
15. 2nd CII India Nordic Baltic Business Conclave Underway:
- The 2nd CII India Nordic Baltic Business Conclave is being held in New Delhi, aiming to enhance collaboration between India and the Nordic Baltic Eight countries in innovation and technology sectors.
Ranks & Reports News
16. PARAKH Conducts Successful State Educational Achievement Survey:
- The inaugural State Educational Achievement Survey (SEAS) 2023, organized by PARAKH, aimed to assess student learning competencies across various grades.
- PARAKH, established by NCERT, focuses on student assessment in alignment with the National Education Policy.
17. India’s CAG Elected Vice-Chair of UN External Auditors’ Panel:
- Girish Chandra Murmu, India’s Comptroller and Auditor General, has been elected as the vice-chair of the UN Panel of External Auditors, reflecting India’s role in global audit standards.
18. Max Verstappen Wins Las Vegas Grand Prix 2023:
- Max Verstappen clinched victory at the Las Vegas Grand Prix 2023, outperforming Ferrari rival Charles Leclerc and Red Bull teammate Sergio Perez.
- Verstappen, a three-time Formula One World Champion, continued his impressive form in the racing circuit.
Books & Authors News
19. NIF Book Prize Shortlist Announced, Winner to Be Revealed:
- The Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIF) Book Prize has shortlisted five works for its 2023 award.
- The winner will be announced on December 1, encompassing diverse literary contributions in Indian literature.