Daily Current Affairs 24 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Andhra Pradesh to invite all Finance Ministers
- The state will invite FMs of all 29 states to discuss about 15th Finance Commission.
- AP’s FM Y Ramakrishnudu alleged that the 15th Finance Commission could be another setback for the states as its terms of reference indicate that the Centre will take away more powers from the states.
2. Delhi, Haryana asked to settle Yamuna dispute
- The SC asked the states to resolve Yamuna water sharing dispute by holding a meeting with Water Resources Ministry.
- Delhi Jal Board alleged that Haryana had reduced water supply from the river by one-third.
3. Rs.3.2 lakh cr tax money stuck
- The money is stuck due to the pending cases in courts.
- 2.4 lakh cases pertaining to direct tax and 1.18 lakh cases with respect to indirect tax are pending.
4. 6 Maoists killed in Maharashtra
- The Maharahstra police gunned down the Maoists in Gadchiroli.
- This is the 2nd such encounter in 48 hrs.
1. Canada and EU to host female foreign ministers meet
- Female Foreign Ministers from 30 countries will be invited for the gathering.
- The meet is aimed at deepening global discussion on women empowerment.
2. Benitez elected as Paraguay’s President
- Mario Abdo Benitez got 46.44% of the votes.
- His rival Efrain Alegre received 42.74% of the votes.
3. Jim Bridenstine took office as NASA Chief
- He is the 1st NASA Chief with a non-scientific background.
- Being a Trump nominee, he is the 13th administrator.
4. 10 killed in Canada
- A van ploughed into pedestrians in Toronto, Canada.
- It is considered deliberate as the van continued to ram pedestrians for 3 km.
1. Paytm Payments Bank has 100M registered users
- The registered wallets include complete and minimum KYC.
- The bank is 51% owned by Paytm owner and 49% by One97.
2. S Jaishankar to join Tata Group
- Ex-foreign Secretary Jaishankar will be Tata Group’s Prez, Global Corporate Affairs.
- Earlier, he served as Ambassador to China and US, High Commissioner to Singapore.
3. India ranked 1 in remittances chart 2017
- Remittances to India were $69 bn in 2017.
- India was followed by China and Philippines.
4. Google reports increase in revenue for Q4 FY18
- Google posted $30.9 bn compared to $24.6 bn in Q4 FY17.
- Alphabet posted $31.1 bn in revenue for the quarter.
1. Mohamed Salah named Player of the Year
- Mohamed Salah was named as the Player of the Year by England’s Professional Footballers Association .
- He is the 1st in Premier League history to claim 3 awards in the same season.
2. DD on bottom of the IPL table
- KXIP defeated defeat Delhi Daredevils in the IPL 2018.
- KXIP are now on top of the points table.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15