Daily Current Affairs 24 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Naval Commanders’ Conference
- The first edition of Naval Commanders’ Conference of 2019 has started in New Delhi.
- It is inaugurated by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Agenda :- ‘A strong Navy remains a necessary guarantor of India’s security and prosperity’.
2. Cyber Defence Insurance
- SBI General Insurance has launched Cyber Defence Insurance to protect businesses from financial loss due to cyber attacks.
- CFO: Rikhil Shah || Chief investment officer: Ganesh Prasad || Chief business officer: Amar Joshi (CBO) || Founded: 2009 || Parent organization: State Bank of India
3. Ministry of AYUSH with Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
- Ministry of AYUSH has inked an MoU with CSIR in research and education areas of traditional medicine and its integration with modern science.
- Both will develop Traditional Knowledge Digital Library (TKDL) for the same.
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research abbreviated as CSIR was established by the Government of India in September of 1942 as an autonomous body that has emerged as the largest research and development organisation in India.
- The Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy, abbreviated as AYUSH, is a governmental body in India purposed with developing, education and research in the field of alternative medicines including ayurveda, yoga, unani, naturopathy, siddha and homoeopathy.
4. National Panchayati Raj Day
- National Panchayati Raj Day is the national day of Panchayati Raj System in India celebrated by Ministry of Panchayati Raj on 24 April annually.
- Then Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh declared the first National Panchayati Raj Day on 24th April 2010.
1. National Artificial Intelligence Strategy 2031
- The UAE Govt. has adopted the National Artificial Intelligence Strategy 2031.
- The aim is to develop an integrated system that employs artificial intelligence in vital areas of UAE.
- Capital: Abu Dhabi || Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham || President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
2. World Book Day
- World Book Day or World Book and Copyright Day was observed on 23 April.
- World Book Day, also known as World Book and Copyright Day, or International Day of the Book, is an annual event organized by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization to promote reading, publishing, and copyright.
3. 2019 Beijing International Film Festival
- The 2019 Beijing International Film Festival has concluded.
- Malayalam film Bhayanakam wins best cinematography at 2019 Beijing International Film Festival
- Sharjah is named World Book Capital for the year 2019.
- Kuala Lumpur will be the World Book Capital for the year 2020.
4. UN English Language Day
- UN English Language Day is observed annually on 23 April.
- The event was established by UN’s Department of Public Information in 2010 “to celebrate multilingualism and cultural diversity as well as to promote equal use of all six official languages throughout the Organization”.
- It is the birth anniversary of Dramatist William Shakespeare.
1. Top Global Luxury Companies
- Titan was ranked 27th among the top 100 global luxury companies.
- It is the 4th fastest growing luxury company in the world with a compound annual growth rate of 19.7% during the financial years 2015-2017.
- This report is published by Deloitte.
- 1. Moët Hennessy-Louis Vuitton
- 2. The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- 3. Compagnie Financière Richemont
2. Abu Dhabi International Book Fair (ADIBF)
- Abu Dhabi International Book Fair (ADIBF) has started from 24th to 30th April 2019.
- India is the ‘Guest of Honour’ country at Abu Dhabi International Book Fair.
3. World’s First Floating Nuclear Power Plant
- Akademik Lomonosov is a non-self-propelled power ship to be operated as the first Russian floating nuclear power station.
- The ship was named after Academician Mikhail Lomonosov.
4. Index of Cancer Preparedness
- The Index of Cancer Preparedness was released by Economist Intelligence Unit.
- India was ranked 19th out of 28 countries in Index of Cancer Preparedness.
- It benchmarkes the national efforts and identifies the best practices in addressing the cancer challenge.
- Australia has topped the Charts, followed by the Netherlands and Germany.
1. US Men’s Clay Court Championships
- Chilean professional tennis player Christian Garin has won US Men’s Clay Court Championships in Houston.
- He defeated Casper Ruud of Norway.
- He became first Chilean ATP champion title in 10 years.
- The U.S. Men’s Clay Court Championship is an annual ATP Tour tennis tournament that started in 1910. It is the last remaining ATP World Tour-level tournament in the United States to be played on clay courts.
2. Ravi Shastri with ‘RAKEZ’
- Ravi Shastri has been appointed as Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone (RAKEZ)’s Corporate Ambassador to the Indian Business Community.
- Ravishankar Shastri is an Indian cricket commentator, former player and current head coach of the Indian national cricket team. As a player, he played for the India national cricket team between 1981 and 1992 in both Tests and ODIs.
3. Asian Boxing Championships
- Indian boxer Amit Panghal has won Gold Medal in Asian Boxing Championships
- He defeated Uzbekistan’s Hasanboy Dusmatov, the reigning Olympic champion.
- Amit Panghal is an Indian amateur boxer. He won a gold medal at 2018 Asian Games and a bronze medal at the 2017 Asian Amateur Boxing Championships in the light flyweight category.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30