Daily Current Affairs 24rd April 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24rd April 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24rd April 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24rd April 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has launched ‘Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan’ which is a conservation plan to deepen water bodies in the state before monsoon.
- Gujarat: Capital- Gandhinagar || Chief Minister- Vijay Rupani || Governor- Acharya Dev Vrat.
2. VidyaDaan 2.0
- Indian Government has launched ‘VidyaDaan 2.0’ which is a common national program for inviting e-learning Content contributions.
- MHRD: Minister of Human Resource Development- Ramesh Pokhriyal || Constituency- Haridwar, Uttarakhand
3. Ordinance to Amend Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897
- The Union Cabinet has approved the promulgation of an Ordinance to amend the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897.
- It makes acts of violence of Doctors/Health Cares as cognizable and non-bailable offences and also ensure that during any situation akin to the current pandemic.
1. SAARC virtual conference on COVID-19
- Pakistan will host SAARC virtual conference on COVID-19.
- Pakistan: Currency: Pakistani rupee || Capital: Islamabad || Prime minister: Imran Khan || President: Arif Alvi
- The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation is the regional intergovernmental organization and geopolitical union of states in South Asia. Its member states are Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- Founded: 8 December 1985, Dhaka, Bangladesh || Headquarters: Kathmandu, Nepal
1. TCS with Israel’s first fully digital bank
- TCS is selected by Israel’s Ministry of Finance to transform its banking sector by building a banking service bureau.
- It will be powered by the TCS BaNCS Global Banking Platform.
- Israel: Prime minister: Benjamin Netanyahu || Capital: Jerusalem || Currency : New shekel
- TCS: CEO: Rajesh Gopinathan || Headquarters: Mumbai
1. MD & CEO of City Union Bank
- N Kamakodi has been reappointed as MD & CEO of City Union Bank.
- City Union Bank: Headquarters: Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu || City Union Bank Chairman: R. Mohan.
1. National Panchayati Raj Day
- National Panchayati Raj Day is the national day of Panchayati Raj System in India celebrated by Ministry of Panchayati Raj on 24 April annually.
- Then Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh declared the first National Panchayati Raj Day on 24 April 2010.
2. UN English Language Day
- UN English Language Day is observed annually on 23 April.
- The event was established by UN’s Department of Public Information in 2010 “to celebrate multilingualism and cultural diversity as well as to promote equal use of all six official languages throughout the Organization”.
- It marks the birthday and date of death of famed writer William Shakespeare.
1. ‘I am badminton’ Campaign
- PV Sindhu has been named as one of the ambassadors for Badminton World Federation’s ‘I Am Badminton’ awareness campaign.
- BWF: Headquarters– Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia || President– Poul-Erik Hoyer Larsen ||
2. ‘Anti-Doping Awareness’ Session
- National Anti Doping Agency (NADA) in collaboration with Boxing Federation of India (BFI) to launch ‘Anti-Doping Awareness’ Session.
- National Anti Doping Agency (NADA): CEO: Navin Agarwal || Headquarters: New Delhi, India
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,24rd April