Daily Current Affairs 24 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Imphal Peace Museum
- Imphal Peace Museum is built on the memories of the 2nd World War.
- Japan has gifted Imphal Peace Museum to Manipur.
- It marked the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Imphal.
- The Battle of Imphal took place in the region around the city of Imphal, the capital of the state of Manipur in northeast India from March until July 1944. Japanese armies attempted to destroy the Allied forces at Imphal and invade India, but were driven back into Burma with heavy losses.
2. Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has introduced Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2019 in Lok Sabha.
- This bill proposes voluntary use of Aadhaar as an identity proof for opening bank accounts and mobile phone connections.
- UIDAI :- Headquarters: New Delhi || CEO: Ajay Bhushan Pandey || Founder: Government of India || Founded: 28 January 2009, India || Ministry: Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, India
3. Book ‘Lessons Life Taught Me, Unknowingly’
- Actor Anupam Kher has launched his auto-biography, titled ‘Lessons Life Taught Me, Unknowingly’.
- Anupam Kher is an Indian actor and the former Chairman of Film and Television Institute of India. He is the recipient of two National Film Awards and eight Filmfare Awards. He has appeared in over 500 films in several languages and many plays. He won the Filmfare Award for Best Actor for his performance in Saaransh.
4. National Strategic Plan for Tuberculosis
- The Government has developed a National Strategic Plan to end Tuberculosis by 2025.
- In India, each year, approx. 220,000 deaths are reported due to Tuberculosis. Between 2006 and 2014, the disease cost Indian economy USD 340 billion. This public health problem is the world’s largest tuberculosis epidemic.
- Tuberculosis (TB) is a potentially serious infectious disease that mainly affects lungs. The bacteria that cause tuberculosis are spread from one person to another through tiny droplets released into the air via coughs and sneezes.
1. First Arab country to become member of FATF
- Saudi Arabia has become first Arab country to have full membership of Financial Action Task Force.
- The Financial Action Task Force, also known by its French name, Grouped’actionfinancière, is an intergovernmental organization founded in 1989 on the initiative of the G7 to develop policies to combat money laundering. In 2001 its mandate expanded to include terrorism financing.
- Headquarters: Paris, France || Founded: 1989 || President: Marshall Billingslea || Abbreviation: FATF || Membership: 38 || Purpose: Combat money laundering and terrorism financing
2. New President of Mauritania
- Mohamed Ould Ghazouani has been elected as New President of Mauritania.
- Mauritania :- Capital: Nouakchott || Currency: Mauritanian ouguiya
3. JAXA with space agencies of Germany and France
- Japanese space agency JAXA has partnered with space agencies DLR of Germany and CNES of France.
- Aim :- To send a rover to Mars’ moons Phobos and Deimos.
- The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency is the Japanese national aerospace and space agency. Through the merger of three previously independent organizations, JAXA was formed on 1 October 2003.
1. Astrobee Robot ‘Bumble’
- Robot ‘Bumble’ of NASA has become first Astrobee Robot to fly using its own power in space.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the United States Federal Government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and aerospace research. NASA was established in 1958, succeeding the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics.
- Headquarters: Washington || Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower || Founded: 29 July 1958, United States
- NASA Administrator is Robert M. Lightfoot Jr.
2. Platform ‘goAML’
- UAE has become first country in Gulf region to launch ‘goAML’.
- The goAML application is a fully integrated software solution developed specifically for use by Financial Intelligence Units (FIU’s) and is one of (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime) UNODC’s strategic responses to financial crime, including money-laundering and terrorist financing.
- UAE :- Capital: Abu Dhabi || Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
3. Viral Acharya resigns
- RBI Deputy Governor Viral Acharya has resigned from the post.
- Viral Acharya is an Indian economist who has been appointed as Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India. He also serves as a member of the advisory council of the RBI Academy and is a member of the Academic Council of the National Institute of Securities Markets, Securities and Exchange Board of India since 2014.
- Three remaining Deputy Governor
- N S Vishwanathan
- B P Kanungo
- M K Jain
1. Asian Junior Badminton Championship
- Asian Junior Badminton Championship 2019 will be held in Suzhou, China from July 20.
- The Badminton Asia Junior Championships is a tournament organized by the Badminton Asia to crown the best junior badminton players (under-19) in Asia.
- In 2018 Men’s Single Winner :- Lakshya Sen of India.
- India hosted 2011 Edition in Lucknow.
2. 2019 Global T20 Canada
- The Global T20 Canada is a 20-over cricket tournament played in Canada.
- Yuvraj Singh has been signed up by Toronto Nationals for Global T20 Canada 2019.
- Current champion :- Vancouver Knights
3. French Grand Prix
- Mercedes’ British driver Lewis Hamilton has won French Grand Prix defeating ValtteriBottas.
- Valtteri Viktor Bottas is a Finnish racing driver currently competing in Formula One with Mercedes.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,24 June
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30