Daily Current Affairs 24 October 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 October 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 October 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 October 2019 Current affairs test.
1. University-Industry Linkage Index 2019
- University-Industry Linkage Index 2019 is conducted by ‘Progress, Harmony and Development Chamber of Commerce and Industry’ (PHDCCI) and Ministry of Science and Technology.
- 1. Karnataka
- 2. Kerala
- 3. Gujarat
- PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry, established in 1905, is a proactive and dynamic multi-State apex organisation working at the grass-root level and with strong national and international linkages. PHD Chamber acts as a catalyst in the promotion of industry, trade and entrepreneurship.
2. Grand Chord route
- Indian Railways has installed advanced Electronic Interlocking System on Grand Chord route.
- Grand Chord is part of the Howrah-Gaya-Delhi line and Howrah-Allahabad-Mumbai line. It acts as a link between Sitarampur, (West Bengal) and Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Junction, Uttar Pradesh, and covers a stretch of 450 km (280 mi).
- The Grand chord section is the lifeline of the country on which Coal, Steel and other important goods are moved from Eastern section to Western and Northern sections of the country. In the down direction, the traffic consists of mostly food grains, fertilizers and empty wagons for coal loading in the Bihar and West Bengal coal fields.
3. Policy Advisor in External Affairs Ministry
- Ashok Malik has been appointed as the Policy Advisor in the External Affairs Ministry
- Minister of External Affairs: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar.
- The Ministry of External Affairs of India, also known as the Foreign Ministry, is the government agency responsible for the conduct of foreign relations of India. The Ministry comes under Government of India and is responsible for India’s representation in the United Nations.
4. Book ‘The Daughter from a Wishing Tree: Unusual Tales About Women in Mythology’
- Book ‘The Daughter from a Wishing Tree: Unusual Tales About Women in Mythology’ is authored by Sudha Murty.
- Sudha Murty was born in 1950 in Shiggaon, north Karnataka. She did her MTech in computer science and is now the chairperson of the Infosys Foundation.
1. Non-Aligned Movement Summit
- The 18th edition of Non-Aligned Movement Summit has been scheduled to be held between 25 October and 26 October 2019 in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- The Non-Aligned Movement is a forum of 120 developing world states that are not formally aligned with or against any major power bloc. After the United Nations, it is the largest grouping of states worldwide.
- Headquarters: Central Jakarta, Indonesia || Founded: September 1961, Belgrade, Serbia || Chairperson: Nicolás Maduro || Membership: 120 member states; 17 states (observers); 10 international organisations || Coordinating Bureau: New York City || Founders: Jawaharlal Nehru, Josip Broz Tito, Sukarno, Gamal Abdel Nasser, Kwame Nkrumah
- India is one of the founding members of the NAM.
2. Ambassador of India to the Republic of Cabo Verde
- Godavarthi Venkata Srinivas has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Republic of Cabo Verde
- Cape Verde or Cabo Verde, officially the Republic of Cabo Verde, is an island country spanning an archipelago of 10 volcanic islands in the central Atlantic Ocean.
- Capital: Praia || Currency: Cape Verdean escudo
3. USISPF summit 2019
- United States India Strategic Partnership Forum summit 2019 was held in New Delhi
- Theme: ‘Democracy, Demography and Dimaag(Brain)’.
4. United Nations Day
- The United Nations officially came into existence on 24 October 1945.
- In 1945 the foundational treaty of the United Nations came into effect, the United Nations is an intergovernmental organization intent on create co-operation between all the governments of the world. It’s original intent was to replace the League of Nations, and prevent another war like World War II from occurring.
5. World Development Information Day
- In 1972, the United Nations General Assembly decided to institute a World Development Information Day coinciding with United Nations Day on October 24.
- The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization responsible for maintaining international peace and security, developing friendly relations among nations, achieving international cooperation, and being a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations.
1. World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business Ranking
- India has climbed 14 places in the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business 2020 survey to stand at 63, among 190 countries
- India’s ranking improved 79 places from 142nd in 2014 to 63th in 2019
- The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans and grants to the governments of poorer countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projects. It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the International Development Association.
2. QS India University Rankings 2020
- The 2nd edition of Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) India University Rankings 2020 released.
- 1. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- 2. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- 3. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Quacquarelli Symonds is a British company specialising in education. The company was founded in 1990 by Nunzio Quacquarelli.
- Headquarters location: London, United Kingdom || Founded: 1990
3. First Indian company to have a market cap of over Rs 9 lakh crore
- Reliance Industries Limited has become first Indian company to have a market capitalization of Rs 900666 crore.
- 2. TCS with Rs 769483 crore.
4. MeitY Start-up Summit 2019
- Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has unveiled new initiatives in first MeitY Start-up Summit 2019 in New Delhi
- 1. BHIM 2.0 with new functionalities
- 2. MeitYStartUpHub(MSH) portal
- 3. Indian software products registry
5. Penalty on Cholamandalam MS GIC
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India has imposed penalties of Rs 1.01 crore on Cholamandalam MS GIC.
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India is an autonomous, statutory body tasked with regulating and promoting the insurance and re-insurance industries in India.
- Website: irdai.gov.in || Founded: 1999 || Sector: Insurance || Headquarters: Hyderabad || Type: Statutory corporation || Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
1. Tennis Player Riya Bhatia
- Tennis Player Riya Bhatia has won ITF women’s tennis tournament in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Riya Bhatia is an Indian professional tennis player. Bhatia has a career-high WTA singles ranking of 461, achieved on 10 June 2019, and a career-high doubles ranking of 492, achieved on 16 January 2017. She has won three singles and three doubles titles on the ITF Women’s Circuit.
2. DaduChougule passes away
- Dhyanchand award recipient Wrestler DaduChougule has passed away.
- Had won the titles ‘Rustum-e-Hind’ and ‘Mahan Bharat Kesari’ in national-level tournaments.
3. Highest average in Test cricket
- Rohit Sharma (99.84) has supressed Don Bradman’s record of highest average (98.22) in Test cricket on home soil.
- Sir Donald George Bradman, AC, often referred to as “The Don”, was an Australian international cricketer, widely acknowledged as the greatest batsman of all time. Bradman’s career Test batting average of 99.94 has been cited as the greatest achievement by any sportsman in any major sport.
4. CISM World Military Games
- The 7th edition of CISM World Military Games was held in Wuhan, China.
- Para-athlete Anandan Gunasekaran has won 2 gold medals in the disabled men’s 100m and 400m IT1 events.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15
- Daily Current Affairs: October 16
- Daily Current Affairs: October 17
- Daily Current Affairs: October 18
- Daily Current Affairs: October 19
- Daily Current Affairs: October 20
- Daily Current Affairs: October 21
- Daily Current Affairs: October 22
- Daily Current Affairs: October 23
- Daily Current Affairs: October 24
- Daily Current Affairs: October 25
- Daily Current Affairs: October 26
- Daily Current Affairs: October 27
- Daily Current Affairs: October 28
- Daily Current Affairs: October 29
- Daily Current Affairs: October 30
- Daily Current Affairs: October 31