Daily Current Affairs 24 September 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 September 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 September 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 September 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Chairman of Audit Bureau of Circulations
- Madhukar Kamath has been elected as the chairman of Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for 2019-20.
- The Audit Bureau of Circulations of India is a non-profit circulation-auditing organisation. It certifies and audits the circulations of major publications, including newspapers and magazines in India. ABC is a voluntary organisation initiated in 1948 that operates in different parts of the world.
- Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: 1948
2. Sardar Patel National Unity Award
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has announced the creation of ‘Sardar Patel National Unity Award’ to honour work done for India’s Integrity
- Vallabhbhai Jhaverbhai Patel, popularly known as Sardar Patel, was an Indian politician. He served as the first Deputy Prime Minister of India.
3. New Books
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu has released following books
- Book ‘Rethinking Good Governance’ is authored by the former CAG, Shri Vinod Rai.
- Book ‘Himalayan Odyssey’ is authored by M.P. Veerendra Kumar.
4. Digital Census 2021
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) will conduct first-ever Digital Census in 2021.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs or Home Ministry is a ministry of the Government of India. As the interior ministry of India, it is mainly responsible for the maintenance of internal security and domestic policy. The Home Ministry is headed by Union Minister of Home Affairs Amit Shah.
- Ajay Kumar Bhalla, IAS, Home Secretary
5. S.K. Padmadevi passes away
- Veteran actor and multi-faceted artiste SK Padmadevi has passed away.
- S. K. Padmadevi was an Indian film actress in the Kannada film industry and Tamil-language motion pictures. Padmadevi started working in Kannada theatre in 1930 and remained active at stage till 1960. Later she was associated with All India Radio for two decades. She participated in “Bhakta Sudhama” by Kalaivani.
1. International Day of Sign Languages
- International Day of Sign Languages is celebrated annually across the world on 23 September every year along with International Week of the Deaf.
- The choice of 23 September is the same date that the WFD was established in 1951.
- Theme: ‘Sign Language Rights for All’.
2. The Emmy Awards 2019
- The Emmy Award is an American award that recognizes excellence in the television industry. It is presented at numerous annual events held throughout the calendar year, each honouring one of the various sectors of the television industry.
- The 71st annual primetime Emmy Awards ceremony was held at the Microsoft Theatre in Los Angeles.
- OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES: Game of Thrones (HBO)
- OUTSTANDING COMEDY SERIES: Fleabag (Amazon)
- LEAD ACTOR, DRAMA: Billy Porter, Pose
- LEAD ACTRESS, DRAMA: Jodie Comer, Killing Eve
- LEAD ACTOR, COMEDY: Bill Hader, Barry
- LEAD ACTRESS, COMEDY: Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Fleabag
- OUTSTANDING LIMITED SERIES: Chernobyl (HBO)
3. Pacific Asia Travel Association Gold awards
- Kerala Tourism has won three Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Gold awards in Nur-Sultan (Astana), Kazakhstan.
- The Pacific Asia Travel Association is a membership association working to promote the responsible development of travel and tourism in the Asia Pacific region.
- Headquarters location: Bangkok, Thailand || Founded: 1951
- Capital of Kerala: Thiruvananthapuram || Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan || Chief Minister of Kerala: Pinarayi Vijayan
4. World Alzheimer’s Day 2019
- World Alzheimer’s Day was observed on September 21, 2019.
- The month of September is observed as World Alzheimer’s Month by the Alzheimer’s Disease International.
- Alzheimer’s disease is a progressive disorder that causes brain cells to waste away (degenerate) and die.
1. Flavours of Fast report for 2019 by Fidelity National Information Services (FIS)
- Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) of NPCI has rated as the world’s best real-time payment service in 6th annual ‘Flavours of Fast report’ for 2019 by FIS.
- Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. is an international provider of financial services technology and outsourcing services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Immediate Payment Service is an instant payment inter-bank electronic funds transfer system in India. IMPS offers an inter-bank electronic fund transfer service through mobile phones. Unlike NEFT and RTGS, the service is available 24/7 throughout the year including bank holidays.
- Founded: 22 November 2010 || Owner: National Payments Corporation of India || Operating area: India
2. OECD slashes India’s GDP Growth Forecast
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) has cut India’s GDP Growth Forecast to 5.9% from 7.2% for 2019-20.
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development is an intergovernmental economic organisation with 36 member countries, founded in 1961 to stimulate economic progress and world trade.
- Headquarters: Paris, France || Founded: 30 September 1961 || Secretary-General: José Ángel Gurría
3. Best International 1-Year Business Schools 2019 by Forbes
- 1. International Institute for Management Development (IMD), Lausanne, Switzerland
- 2. Insead School, Fontainebleau (France) & Singapore
- 3. Judge Business School, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- 4. SDA Bocconi School of Management, Milan, Italy
- 5. Said Business School, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Indian School of Business (ISB) Hyderabad is ranked 7th globally and 1st in Asia in the Best International 1-Year Business Schools 2019 by Forbes.
4. National e-Assessment Centre
- Central Board of Direct Tax (CBDT) has set-up National e-Assessment Centre (NeAC) in Delhi.
- Central Board of Direct Tax (CBDT) has appointed KM Prasad as first Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax of NeAC.
- CBDT Established: 1944 || Chairman: Pramod Chandra Mody.
1. The Best FIFA Football Awards 2019
- The Best FIFA Men’s Player: Lionel Messi of FC Barcelona
- The Best FIFA Men’s Goalkeeper: Alisson of Liverpool
- The Best FIFA Men’s Coach: Jürgen Klopp of Liverpool
- The Best FIFA Women’s Player: Megan Rapinoe of Reign FC(USA)
- The Best FIFA Women’s Goalkeeper: Sari van Veenendaal
- The Best FIFA Women’s Coach: Jill Ellis of USA
2. FIFA Puskás Award
- The FIFA Puskás Award is an award established on 20 October 2009 by the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), at the behest of then-president Sepp Blatter.
- It is to award the player, male or female, judged to have scored the most aesthetically significant, or “most beautiful”, goal of the calendar year.
- Winner: Dániel Zsóri of Debrecen(Hungary).
3. FIFA FIFPro Men’s World 11
- The players chosen were Alisson as goalkeeper, Sergio Ramos, Matthijs de Ligt, Virgil van Dijk and Marcelo as defenders, Eden Hazard, Frenkie de Jong and Luka Modrić as midfielders, and Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Kylian Mbappé as forwards.
4. FIFA FIFPro Women’s World11
- The players chosen were Sari van Veenendaal as goalkeeper, Lucy Bronze, Wendie Renard, Nilla Fischer and Kelley O’Hara as defenders, Amandine Henry, Julie Ertz and Rose Lavelle as midfielders, and Marta, Alex Morgan and Megan Rapinoe as forwards.
5. 2019 China Open
- The 2019 China Open is a tennis tournament to be played on outdoor hard courts. It will be the 21st edition of the China Open for the men.
- It is part of the ATP World Tour 500 series on the 2019 ATP World Tour, and the last WTA Premier Mandatory tournament of the 2019 WTA Tour.
- Men’s singles: Winner: Kento Momota (Japan) || Runner-up: Anthony Sinisuka Ginting (Indonesia)
- Women’s singles: Winner: Carolin Marin (Spain) || Runner-up: Tai Tzu Ying (Taiwan)
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15
- Daily Current Affairs: September 16
- Daily Current Affairs: September 17
- Daily Current Affairs: September 18
- Daily Current Affairs: September 19
- Daily Current Affairs: September 20
- Daily Current Affairs: September 21
- Daily Current Affairs: September 22
- Daily Current Affairs: September 23
- Daily Current Affairs: September 24
- Daily Current Affairs: September 25
- Daily Current Affairs: September 26
- Daily Current Affairs: September 27
- Daily Current Affairs: September 28
- Daily Current Affairs: September 29
- Daily Current Affairs: September 30