Daily Current Affairs 24 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Gift a Skill’ to sisters
- Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan appealed to the masses to ‘Gift a Skill’ to sisters on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
- Hashtag #GiftASkill will be trending with woman Empowerment.
2. Bhamashah Techno Hub
- Vasundhara Raje has inaugurated the Bhamashah Techno Hub in Jhalana, Jaipur.
- It is country’s biggest techno-hub with the ultra-modern technology will help around 700 entrepreneurs to work.
3. Bundelkhand Expressway as Atal path
- Bundelkhand Expressway will be known as ‘Atal Path’ to honour former PM Atal Bihari Vajyapee.
- This decision is granted by Uttar Pradesh government.
4. Report on cyber-attacks in India
- It is an report from Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In)(Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology).
- The maximum number of cyber-attacks are from China, US and Russia.
1. SCO Peace Mission 2018
- Exercise Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Peace Mission 2018 has started at Chebarkul, Russia.
- The Russian Army has the major participation of 1700 personnel followed by China with 700 & India with 200 personnel.
2. Sea Prayer-A new book
- ‘Sea Prayer’ is a new book from writer Khaled Hosseini and will be released on 30th August.
- The main theme of the book is based on Alan Kurdi(3-year-old) the Syrian boy whose body was found on beach in Turkey.
3. Fighter Jet ‘Kowsar’
- It is Iran’s first domestic fighter jet.
- Iran Capital: Tehran, Currency: Iranian Rial, President: Hassan Rouhani.
4. Forbes’ List Of World’s Highest-Paid Actors 2018
- 1. George Clooney: $239m
- 2. Dwayne Johnson: $124m
- 3. Robert Downey Jr: $81m
- Akshay Kumar is ranked 7th and Salman Khan is at 9th
1. Make in Odisha 2018
- Japan will be the ‘Country Partner’ for Make in Odisha 2018.
- Investment Conclave 2018(Make in Odisha 2018) will take place in November, Bhubaneswar and SBI is banking partner for the event.
2. Moody’s GDP Prediction for India
- According to Moody’s Investors Service, The Indian economy to grow by around 7.5% in 2018-19.
- Moody’s Corporation, often referred to as Moody’s, is an American business and financial services company.
3. PSU on TReDS platform
- HAL is the first PSU to transact on the ‘TReDS platform’.
- Receivables Exchange of India Ltd (RXIL), is a joint venture promoted by Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), the apex financial institution for promotion and financing of MSMEs in India and National Stock Exchange of India Limited (NSE), the premier stock exchange in India.
- TReDS is an online electronic institutional mechanism to facilitate the financing of trade receivables of MSME through multiple financiers.
4. India Banking Conclave 2018
- Centre for Economic Policy Research and NITI Aayog has organised ‘India Banking Conclave’ in New Delhi.
- The Center for Economic and Policy Research is an economic policy think-tank, co-founded by economists Dean Baker and Mark Weisbrot, and is based in Washington, D.C. It has been described as left-leaning.
1. Asian Games 2018
- Iran Beat India In Kabaddi Semi-finals. Now India will compete for Bronze medal for the first time in the history while women’s team settled form silver after losing final to Iran.
- Rohan Bopanna-Divij Sharan clinched Gold Medal In Men’s Doubles Tennis.
- Indian rowers won one gold and two bronze medals
- Dipa Karmakar(gymnastics) finished fifth in women’s Balance Beam final.
2. 4 medals in Wushu
- Naorem Roshibini Devi, Santosh Kumar, Surya Bhanu Partap Singh and Narender Grewal lost in semifinal and sattled for Bronze.
- WUSHU is a traditional Chinese Sports which pay attention to both internal and external exercises with fighting movements as its main contents and with routine exercises and free combat as its forms.
3. Jhulan Goswami retired from T20Is
- Jhulan Nishit Goswami has announced her retirement from WT20Is.
- She is an all-round cricketer and former captain of India national women’s cricket team.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15