Daily Current Affairs 24 August 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 August 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 August 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 August 2019 Current affairs test.
1. State Rooftop Solar Attractiveness Index–SARAL
- State Rooftop Solar Attractiveness Index–SARAL is released by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- It ranks ease of setting up roof top solar project in a particular state.
- 1. Karnataka
- 2. Telangana
- 3. Gujarat
- 4. Andhra Pradesh
2. Sabka Vishwas-Legacy Dispute Resolution Scheme, 2019
- Finance Ministry has notified Sabka Vishwas-Legacy Dispute Resolution Scheme, 2019.
- It is a dispute resolution and amnesty scheme to reduce legacy service tax and central excise cases.
- It will become operational from September 1, 2019 four months till December 31, 2019.
3. Composite Water Management Index
- 1. Gujarat
- 2. Andhra Pradesh
- 3. Madhya Pradesh
- The composite water management index (CWMI) 2.0 was released by NITI Aayog on Friday in the presence of Jal Shakti minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and the Aayog vice chairman Rajiv Kumar.
4. Manmohan Singh as Rajya Sabha member
- Manmohan Singh took oath as a Rajya Sabha member from Rajasthan Seat.
- The Rajya Sabha or Council of States is the upper house of the bicameral Parliament of India. It currently has a maximum membership of 245, of which 233 are elected by the legislatures of the states and union territories using single transferable votes through Open Ballot.
- President can appoint 12 members for their contributions to art, literature, science, and social services.
- Chairperson: Venkaiah Naidu || Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated) || Leader of the House: Thawar Chand Gehlot, BJP
1. Medal of Pushkin Award
- Prof. Meeta Narain of Jawaharlal Nehru University was conferred with Medal of Pushkin Award.
- The Medal of Pushkin is a state decoration of the Russian Federation awarded to its citizens for achievements in the arts and culture, education, humanities and literature.
- It is named in honour of Russian author and poet Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin.
2. Clark Bavin Award
- Conservationist Vivek Menon was awarded Clark R Bavin Wildlife Law Enforcement Award 2019 in Geneva.
- Vivek Menon is the head of Delhi-based conservation non-profit, Wildlife Trust of India
- The award has been named in memory of Clark R. Bavin, who was the Chief of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service’s Division of Law Enforcement.
- Clark R. Bavin Wildlife Law Enforcement Awards is presented by US based Species Survival Network, in cooperation with the Animal Welfare Institute.
3. World Youth Conference for Kindness
- The first-ever World Youth Conference for Kindness is organised by UNESCO at Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development in New Delhi.
- It was inaugurated by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- Theme: ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam: Gandhi for the Contemporary World: Celebrating the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi’.
4. Time’s list of world’s Greatest Places 2019
- The Statue of Unity in Gujarat and Soho House in Mumbai were featured in Time’s list of world’s Greatest Places 2019.
- Soho House is an 11-storey building that comprises a library, a movie theatre with 34 seats and a rooftop bar and swimming pool, overlooking the Arabian Sea.
1. New CFO of HDFC Bank
- HDFC Bank has appointed Srinivasan Vaidyanathan as its Chief Financial Officer.
- HDFC Bank Limited is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- CEO: Aditya Puri || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: August 1994
2. Android 10
- Google has revealed the official name of upcoming Android version as ‘Android 10’.
- Earlier the versions were named after sweets and desserts.
- Android 1.5: Android Cupcake
- Android 1.6: Android Donut
- Android 2.0: Android Eclair
- Android 2.2: Android Froyo
- Android 2.3: Android Gingerbread
- Android 3.0: Android Honeycomb
- Android 4.0: Android Ice Cream Sandwich
- Android 4.1 to 4.3.1: Android Jelly Bean
- Android 4.4 to 4.4.4: Android KitKat
- Android 5.0 to 5.1.1: Android Lollipop
- Android 6.0 to 6.0.1: Android Marshmallow
- Android 7.0 to 7.1: Android Nougat
- Android 8.0 to Android 8.1: Android Oreo
- Android 9.0: Android Pie
- Android 10
3. Indian Army with Tata Realty & Housing
- Indian Army and Tata Realty & Housing have signed an MoU to provide quality housing to army personnel.
- Tata Realty And Infrastructure Limited (TRIL) is a 100 per cent subsidiary of Tata Sons, executing projects in Real Estate and Infrastructure across India.
4. Mahindra Finance to acquire Sri Lanka’s Ideal Finance
- Mahindra Finance will acquire 58.2% stake in Ideal Finance of Sri Lanka for Rs80 crore.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Limited is a Rural NBFC headquartered in Mumbai, India. It is amongst the top tractor financer in India and offers a wide range of financial products to address varied customer requirements.
1. World Police and Fire Games 2019
- Central Industrial Security Force sports personnel won 10 medals at World Police and Fire Games 2019.
- The World Police and Fire Games 2019 was held at Chengdu, China.
2. Op-Blue Freedom Campaign
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju and former India football captain Baichung Bhutia flagged off ‘Op-Blue Freedom’ Campaign.
- Op-Blue Freedom is a nation-wide adaptive scuba diving programme.
3. Fit India Movement
- Advisory Committee for Fit India Movement formed under the chairmanship of sports minister Kiren Rijiju.
- It comprises of government officials, members of Indian Olympic Association, national sports federations, private bodies and fitness promoters.
- Fit India Movement will also be launched on August 29 on the occasion of Swami Vivekanand’s birth anniversary.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22
- Daily Current Affairs: August 23
- Daily Current Affairs: August 24
- Daily Current Affairs: August 25
- Daily Current Affairs: August 26
- Daily Current Affairs: August 27
- Daily Current Affairs: August 28
- Daily Current Affairs: August 29
- Daily Current Affairs: August 30
- Daily Current Affairs: August 31