Daily Current Affairs 24 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Bengaluru to host 7th International Coffee Festival
- The India International Coffee Festival will be held from Jan 16-19.
- IICF’18 would be a precursor to the International Coffee Organisation’s World Coffee Conference being hosted by India in Bengaluru in 2020.
2. Lt Gen BS Sahrawat takes over as the Director General of NCC
- The General is a third generation Army officer.
- He has been awarded the Sena medal during the floods of Kosi river in Bihar in 2008.
3. Maharashtra set to generate 25,000 MW electricity through solar power
- Maharashtra is the only state producing power through renewable energy with 7,500 MW generation capacity.
- The government wants to take to this capacity to 10,000 MW.
4. AIADMK leader Dhinakaran wins ex-CM Jaya’s seat
- TTV Dhinakaran has won the RK Nagar bypolls by a margin of 40,707 votes.
- He contested against AIADMK leader E Madhusudhanan and DMK candidate Maruthu Ganesh to secure the constituency.
1. Storm clouds over Korean Peninsula, be ready : US to troops
- US Defence Secretary James Mattis has urged the country’s soldiers to be ready for anything.
- His comments came after the UN Security Council approved new sanctions against North Korea.
2. Russia planning to develop luxury hotel in space
- Russian space agency Roscosmos is reviewing plans for a luxury hotel on board the International Space Station by 2022.
- Also offering spacewalks, the hostel would be charging $40 mn per tourist for one-to-two week visits.
3. PM Modi assures assistance to Nepal
- Modi calls top Nepalese leaders and assures assistance for peace and development of Nepal.
- The Indian PM was also given an informal invitation to visit the country.
1. Reliance aims to be among top 20 global firms
- Celebrating Reliance’s 40 years, Mukesh Ambani said the oil-to-telecom conglomerate aims to be among the world’s top 20 companies.
- Dhirubhai Ambani started RIL with an investment of Rs.1000 and it is now an over Rs.6 lakh crore company.
2. IndiGo first Indian carrier to operate 1000 daily flights
- Budget carrier IndiGo is the first Indian airline to operate over 1,000 flights across its domestic and international network.
- IndiGo is India’s largest passenger airline currently with a market share of 39.4% as of November.
3. GoDaddy billionaire to give $1.3 mn in bonuses after tax bill
- Founder of GoDaddy Bob Parsons announced that he plans to give the amount as additional bonuses to his employees after the US passed a new tax bill.
- The new tax legislation permanently cuts the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%.
1. Kohli returns to India squad for 6-match ODI series
- Virat Kohli has returned for the six-match ODI series against South Africa.
- All-rounders Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja were not named for the 5th straight ODI series.
2. Sushil becomes PWL’s most expensive wrestler at Rs.55 lakh
- He was sold to Delhi Sultans for Rs.55 lakh in PWL’s player auction.
- Sakshi Malik was bought by the Mumbai Maharathi side for Rs.39 lakh.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15