Daily Current Affairs 24 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Skoch Golden Jubilee Challenger Award
- Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu has conferred the Skoch Golden Jubilee Challenger Award.
- The award is presented at the 55th Skoch Summit in New Delhi.
2. Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswati National Eminence Award
- Manmohan Singh has received South Indian Education Society (SIES) Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswati National Eminence Award.
- Manmohan Singh is an Indian economist and politician who served as the Prime Minister of India from 2004 to 2014. The first Sikh in office, Singh was also the first prime minister since Jawaharlal Nehru to be re-elected after completing a full five-year term.
3. Information Fusion Centre–Indian Ocean Region
- Nirmala Sitharaman has launched the Information Fusion Centre – Indian Ocean Region (IFC-IOR) in Gurugram.
- India Ocean Borders :- Bordering countries and territories. Small islands dot the continental rims. Island nations within the ocean are Madagascar (the world’s fourth largest island), Bahrain, Comoros, Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles and Sri Lanka. The archipelago of Indonesia and the island nation of East Timor border the ocean on the east.
4. Mukhyamantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana
- Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das announced Mukhyamantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana Scheme.
- The outlay of the scheme is of Rs. 2,250 crore.
1. New Capital of Burundi
- Burundi has confirmed ‘Gitega’ as country’s new political capital.
- Burundi Capital: Gitega || Currency: Euro || President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier || Language: Kirundi, French, and English
2. India-China High-Level Mechanism on Cultural and People-to-People Exchanges
- India-China High-Level Mechanism on Cultural and People-to-People Exchanges was held in New Delhi by External Affair Ministers of both the countries.
- Capital: Beijing || Currency: Renminbi || Population: 138.64 crores (2017) World Bank || President: Xi Jinping
3. India China Film Festival
- A three day India China Film Festival has started in New Delhi.
- It was being organized during the first India-China High-Level Mechanism on Cultural and People-to-People Exchanges.
- ‘CZ12’ (Jackie Chan) was the opening movie in the India-China Film Festival.
1. Facebook’s new cryptocurrency
- Facebook is developing ‘stablecoin’ which is a type of cryptocurrency.
- This might be for the payments feature on its messaging platform WhatsApp.
2. Merger of Bank of Baroda, Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank
- ‘Alternative Mechanism’ of the finance ministry has decided the Merger of Bank of Baroda, Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank.
- The Ministry of Finance is an important ministry within the Government of India concerned with the economy of India, serving as the Indian Treasury Department.
3. Public Credit Registry
- RBI has shortlisted six major IT companies, TCS, Wipro and IBM India, Capgemini India, Dun and Bradstreet India, and Mindtree Ltd. to set up a digital Public Credit Registry
- Public credit registry coverage reports the number of individuals and firms listed in a public credit registry with current information on repayment history, unpaid debts, or credit outstanding. The number is expressed as a percentage of the adult population.
4. NABCB Accreditation’s recognition in Asia- Pacific Region
- National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB) has recognised for its accreditation programme for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems Certification Bodies in Asia- Pacific region.
- It has become third Accreditation Body after the Accreditation Bodies of Hong Kong and Mexico
- The National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB) undertakes assessment of Certification and Inspection Bodies applying for accreditation as per the Board’s criteria in line with international standards and guidelines. The Board offers accreditation to the Certification bodies and Inspection Bodies.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || Secretary-General: Dr. Ravi P. Singh.
1. Fastest Asian to cycle the globe
- Vedangi Kulkarni (Pune) has become the fastest Asian to cycle the globe in 159 Days.
- Jenny Graham (UK) is the fastest woman to have cycled the globe in 124 days.
2. National Rowing Championship
- The 37th Senior National Rowing Championship was held in Pune.
- Asian games medallists Subedar Sawarn Singh and Naib Subedar Dushyant Chauhan took part in mixed event.
- The Rowing Federation of India is the central body for the game of rowing in India. It was formed on August 30, 1976 with a view to make the sport of Rowing popular in India. It is affiliated with the Indian Olympic Association and Fédération Internationale des Sociétés d’Aviron.
- President: Mrs. Rajlaxmi Singh Deo || Affiliation: International Rowing Federation || Headquarters: Mumbai || Sport: Rowing
3. New President of South Asian Fencing Federation
- Rajeev Mehta has been appointed as the President Of South Asian Fencing Federation.
- Fencing is a group of three related combat sports. The three disciplines in modern fencing are the foil, the épée, and the sabre; winning points are made through the contact with an opponent.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15
- Daily Current Affairs: December 16
- Daily Current Affairs: December 17
- Daily Current Affairs: December 18
- Daily Current Affairs: December 19
- Daily Current Affairs: December 20
- Daily Current Affairs: December 21
- Daily Current Affairs: December 22
- Daily Current Affairs: December 23
- Daily Current Affairs: December 24