Daily Current Affairs 24 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Sweet Revolution Scheme
- Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das launched the 1st phase of the Rs 100-crore Sweet Revolution Scheme.
- Under Sweet Revolution Scheme, 1207 farmers will be given Rs 1 lakh for bee keeping.
2. Central Excise day
- Central Excise day is observed on 24th February.
- The aim is to spread awareness among the buyers and the sellers regarding the new excise rules and regulations for easy implementation and maximum benefit.
3. ‘Khushi’ scheme
- Odisha Govt. has approved ‘Khushi’ scheme to provide free sanitary napkins to school girls in Odisha.
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal || Capital: Bhubaneswar || Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik || Official song: Bande Utkala Janani
4. Regional Maritime Safety Conference 2019
- Regional Maritime Safety Conference 2019 was held in Mumbai for maritime safety in the India-ASEAN sub-region.
- It was organised by the National Maritime Foundation (NMF), in coordination with Ministry of Shipping and Ministry of External Affairs.
1. USA’s Ambassador to the United Nations
- Donald Trump has nominated Kelly Craft as USA’s next ambassador to the United Nations.
- Kelly Knight Craft is an American businesswoman and diplomat who is currently the United States Ambassador to Canada; she is the first woman to be the United States Ambassador to Canada.
2. ‘Global Future of Nature Award’
- Dr Divya Karnad has become 2nd Indian and 1st woman to receive the ‘Global Future of Nature Award’ for marine conservation.
- The Future For Nature Award is a prestigious international award that celebrates tangible achievements in protecting wild animal and plant species.
3. Organization of Islamic Cooperation
- External Affairs Minister of India Sushma Swaraj will address the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Foreign Ministers meet
- The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation is an international organization founded in 1969, consisting of 57 member states, with a collective population of over 1.8 billion as of 2015 with 40 countries being Muslim Majority countries.
- It is the first time the Islamic body has invited an Indian dignitary to attend.
4. State Of Emergency In Sudan
- President of Sudan Omar al-Bashir has declared a year-long state of emergency in the country.
- Capital: Khartoum || Currency: Sudanese pound || Prime minister: Mohamed Tahir Ayala || President: Omar al-Bashir
1. IIFL Home Finance with Maharashtra Government
- An MoU was signed between IIFL Home Finance and Maharashtra Govt. for building houses under PMAY.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is an initiative by Government of India in which affordable housing will be provided to the urban poor with a target of building 20 million affordable houses by 31 March 2022.
2. Srei Equipment Finance with Syndicate Bank
- Srei Equipment Finance has tied up with Syndicate Bank to provide financing for construction and farm equipment.
- Srei Equipment Finance Ltd. is a equipment financing companies in India offers a wide range of equipment financing solutions to customers.
3. 50 Most Innovative Companies
- JioSaavan has secured the 1st rank India-wise and 28th rank globally in the ’50 Most Innovative Companies’ 2019 List.
- It was published by US-based business publication Fast Company.
4. Amalgamation of Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank with Bank of Baroda Scheme, 2019
- The Merger of Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank with Bank of Baroda will be effective from April 1.
- Shareholders of Vijaya Bank will get 402 equity shares of Bank of Baroda for every 1000 shares
- Shareholders of Dena Bank will get 110 shares for every 1000 shares of Bank of Baroda.
1. AHF’s Player of the Year
- Manpreet Singh was honoured with AHF’s Player of the Year
- Rising Player of The Year :- Striker Lalremsiami of India Women’s Hockey Team
- Best Performance of The Year :- Indian Men’s Hockey Team (only Asian side to have reached the top eight at the World Cup).
- The Asian Hockey Federation is the governing body for the sport of field hockey in Asia. It now has 31 member associations. It is affiliated to the International Hockey Federation. The current president is Tengku Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah.
2. PV Sidhu to fly LCA Tejas
- PV Sindhu has become first woman to fly LCA Tejas as part of the Women’s Day celebrations at Aero India 2019 in Bengaluru’s Yelahanka Air Force base.
- The HAL Tejas is an Indian single-engine, multirole light fighter designed by the Aeronautical Development Agency and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited for the Indian Air Force and Indian Navy. It came from the Light Combat Aircraft programme, which began in the 1980s to replace India’s ageing MiG-21 fighters.
3. ISSF World Cup 2019
- Apurvi Chandela has won the Gold Medal in the women’s 10-metre air rifle event.
- The International Shooting Sport Federation, also known with the acronym ISSF, is the governing body of the Olympic Shooting events in Rifle, Pistol and Shotgun disciplines, and of several non-Olympic Shooting sport events.
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14
- Daily Current Affairs: February 15
- Daily Current Affairs: February 16
- Daily Current Affairs: February 17
- Daily Current Affairs: February 18
- Daily Current Affairs: February 19
- Daily Current Affairs: February 20
- Daily Current Affairs: February 21
- Daily Current Affairs: February 22
- Daily Current Affairs: February 23
- Daily Current Affairs: February 24