Daily Current Affairs 24 January 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 January 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 January 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 January 2019 Current affairs test.
1. “Roshni” App
- Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, Punjab has developed an Android App named “Roshni”.
- It uses Image Processing and Analytics to assist visually impaired people in determining denomination of currency notes.
2. National Girl Child Day
- National Girl Child Day is observed on 24th January.
- Theme :- ‘Empowering Girls for a Brighter Tomorrow’.
3. INS Kohassa
- The Naval Air Base ‘INS Kohassa’ will be commissioned by Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba at Diglipur in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy. The Chief of Naval Staff, a four-star Admiral, commands the navy.
- Motto: शं नो वरुण; Sham No Varunaḥ (IAST); May the Lord of the Water be auspicious unto us
4. Exercise: SEA VIGIL
- Indian Navy has commenced the largest ‘Coastal Defence Exercise: SEA VIGIL’ off the Indian coast.
- It is a first of its kind which is being all along the entire 7516.6 km Coastline and Exclusive Economic Zone of India.
1. Bloomberg 2019 Innovative Index
- Acc. to Bloomberg 2019 Innovative Index, India is at 54th position among the world’s most innovative countries.
- South Korea has topped the charts for the same.
- Bloomberg L.P. is a privately held financial, software, data, and media company headquartered in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It was founded by Michael Bloomberg in 1981, with the help of Thomas Secunda, Duncan MacMillan, Charles Zegar, and a 30% ownership investment by Merrill Lynch.
2. Commonwealth of Learning Goodwill Ambassador
- Karthiyani Amma at 97 from Kerala has been appointed as the Commonwealth of Learning Goodwill Ambassador.
- She has appeared ‘Aksharalaksham Literacy Exam’ and has scored 98 out of 100 marks.
3. Longest 3D-Printed Concrete Pedestrian Bridge
- Longest 3D-Printed Concrete Pedestrian Bridge in the world is installed in Shanghai, China.
- It is 26.3 metre-long and 3.6-metre-wide.
- Shanghai, on China’s central coast, is the country’s biggest city and a global financial hub. Its heart is the Bund, a famed waterfront promenade lined with colonial-era buildings. Across the Huangpu River rises the Pudong district’s futuristic skyline, including 632m Shanghai Tower and the Oriental Pearl TV Tower.
4. World Integrated Medicine Forum 2019
- The 2nd Edition of World Integrated Medicine Forum 2019 has started in Goa.
- It is inaugurated by Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH, Shripad Naik.
- Theme :- ‘ Regulation of Homeopathic Medical Products; Advancing global collaboration’.
1. State Bank of India with Hitachi Payment Services
- Hitachi Payment Services has picked up 26% stake in SBI’s Digital Payment Platform ‘SBI Payment Services’.
- SBI will have 74% Shareholding in ‘SBI Payment Services’.
- The State Bank of India is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services company. It is a government-owned corporation headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The company is ranked 216th on the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations as of 2017.
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: 1 July 1955
2. India’s GDP Growth by CRISIL
- In ‘India Outlook FY20’ by CRISIL, India is expected to grow by 7.3% in FY20.
- CRISIL is a global analytical company providing ratings, research, and risk and policy advisory services. CRISIL’s majority shareholder is Standard & Poor’s, a division of McGraw Hill Financial and provider of financial market intelligence.
3. Satellite Microsat-R
- ISRO will launch Military Satellite Microsat-R at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota as its first mission of 2019.
- It is developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation.
4. Bharti Airtel with Tata Teleservices
- National Company Law Tribunal has approved the merger of Bharti Airtel with Tata Teleservices.
- Tata Teleservices Limited is an Indian broadband and telecommunications service provider based in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It is a subsidiary of the Tata Group, an Indian conglomerate.
- Bharti Airtel Limited is an Indian global telecommunications services company based in New Delhi, India. It operates in 20 countries across South Asia and Africa.
- The National Company Law Tribunal is a quasi-judicial body in India that adjudicates issues relating to Indian companies. Headquarters: New Delhi
1. Australian Open
- R. Nadal from Spain is in the Final of Australia Open.
- N. Osaka from Japan and P. Kvitová from Czech are in the Final of Australia Open.
- The Australian Open is a tennis tournament held annually over the last fortnight of January in Melbourne, Australia. The tournament is the first of the four Grand Slam tennis events held each year, preceding the French Open, Wimbledon, and the US Open.
- Editions: 107 (2019) || Venue: Melbourne Park (1988–) || Date founded: 1905
2. Fastest Indian bowler to achieve a century of ODI wickets
- Mohammed Shami has become fastest Indian bowler to achieve a century of ODI wickets.
- The world record for the same is held by Rashid Khan from Afghanistan.
3. 2019 AFC Asian Cup
- UAE, Australia, Qatar,Vietnam and South Korea are in Quarter-finals of 2019 AFC Asian Cup.
- The 2019 AFC Asian Cup is the 17th edition of the AFC Asian Cup, the quadrennial international men’s football championship of Asia organised by the Asian Football Confederation. It is being held in the United Arab Emirates from 5 January to 1 February 2019.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,24 January
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12
- Daily Current Affairs: January 13
- Daily Current Affairs: January 14
- Daily Current Affairs: January 15
- Daily Current Affairs: January 16
- Daily Current Affairs: January 17
- Daily Current Affairs: January 18
- Daily Current Affairs: January 19
- Daily Current Affairs: January 20
- Daily Current Affairs: January 21
- Daily Current Affairs: January 22
- Daily Current Affairs: January 23
- Daily Current Affairs: January 24
- Daily Current Affairs: January 25
- Daily Current Affairs: January 26
- Daily Current Affairs: January 27
- Daily Current Affairs: January 28
- Daily Current Affairs: January 29
- Daily Current Affairs: January 30
- Daily Current Affairs: January 31