Daily Current Affairs 24 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Sangita Kalanidhi award
- Vocalist S Sowmya has been awarded Sangita Kalanidhi award of the Madras Music Academy.
- Sangita Kalanidhi is the title awarded yearly to a Carnatic Musician by the Madras Music Academy .
- S. Sowmya is a Carnatic music singer.
- Carnatic music is a system of music commonly associated with southern India, including the modern Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Kerala, and Tamil Nadu, as well as Sri Lanka.
2. Book ‘Indo-Pak Relations : Beyond Pulwama and Balakot’
- Book ‘Indo-Pak Relations: Beyond Pulwama and Balakot’ is authored by Dr. U V Singh.
- The India–Pakistan Border, known locally as the International Border, is an international border running between India and Pakistan that demarcates the Indian states and the Pakistani four provinces.
- Length: 3323 kilometres || Treaties: Karachi Agreement, Simla Agreement.
- Pakistan: Prime minister: Imran Khan || Capital: Islamabad || Currency: Pakistani rupee || Population: 19.7 crores || President: ArifAlvi
3. Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre
- Ministry of Home Affairs has rolled out a scheme ‘Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre’ for period 2018-2020.
- Aim: To combat cybercrime in a coordinated and effective manner.
- It has launched Cybercrime Reporting Portal which enables citizens to report online content pertaining to Child Pornography/ Child Sexual Abuse/ Rape/Gang Rape etc.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs or Home Ministry is a ministry of the Government of India. As the interior ministry of India, it is mainly responsible for the maintenance of internal security and domestic policy. The Home Ministry is headed by Union Minister of Home Affairs Amit Shah.
4. India’s first Space Tech Park
- Kerala Government will set-up India’s first Space Tech Park at Thiruvananthapuram’s Knowledge City.
- Thiruvananthapuram (or Trivandrum) is the capital of the southern Indian state of Kerala. It’s distinguished by its British colonial architecture and many art galleries.
1. World’s Most Admired Men
- YouGov has released List of World’s Most Admired Men.
- 1. Bill Gates
- 2. Barak Obama
- 3. Jackie Chan
- 4. Xi Jinping
- 5. Jack Ma
- 6. Narendra Modi
- 7. Cristiano Ronaldo
- 8. Dalai Lama
- 9. Lionel Messi
- 10.Vladimir Putin
- Amitabh Bachchan at 12th
- Donald Trump at 14th
- YouGov is a British international Internet-based market research and data analytics firm, headquartered in the UK, with operations in Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
- YouGov: Headquarters: London, United Kingdom || CEO: Stephan Shakespeare
2. World’s Most Admired Women by YouGov
- 1. Michelle Obama
- 2. Oprah Winfrey
- 3. Angelina Jolie
- DeepikaPadukone at 13th
- Priyanka Chopra at 14th
3. Global Healthcare Summit
- The 13th edition of Global Healthcare Summit was held in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad is the capital of southern India’s Telangana state. A major center for the technology industry, it’s home to many upscale restaurants and shops.
- It is organised in partnership with the Global Association of Physicians of Indian Origin.
1. First Foreign bank at Gujarat International Finance Tec-City
- Standard Chartered Bank has received in-principle regulatory approvals to set up its IFSC Banking Unit in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City.
- Gujarat International Finance Tec-City is a business district promoted by the Gujarat government through a joint venture company. GIFT City is India’s first operational smart city and international financial services centre.
- Standard Chartered PLC is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London, England.
- CEO: Bill Winters || Headquarters location: London, United Kingdom
2. Reebok’s Brand Ambassador
- Reebok has signed Varun Dhawan as its Indian brand ambassador.
- Reebok recently also signed in Katrina Kaif as the new face.
- Reebok is an English footwear and apparel company, and a subsidiary of German sporting goods giant Adidas since 2005. Reebok produces and distributes fitness, running and CrossFit sportswear including clothing and footwear.
- Parent organization: Adidas || Founded: 1958, Bolton, UK || Headquarters: Boston, Massachusetts, United States || CEO: Matthew H. O’Toole || Founders: Joseph William Foster, Jeff Foster
3. New Director General of National Productivity Council
- Arun Kumar Jha has been appointed as Director General of National Productivity Council.
- NPC is mission oriented apex organization to promote the cause of productivity in all sectors of the Indian economy.
4. New Head of Inland Waterways Authority
- Amita Prasad has been entrusted with the charges of Inland Waterways Authority of India.
- Inland Waterways Authority of India is an arm of Ministry of Shipping.
- India has an extensive network of inland waterways in the form of rivers, canals, backwaters and creeks. The total navigable length is 14,500 km, out of which about 5200 km of the river and 4000 km of canals can be used by mechanised crafts.
1. WBA Welterweight Title
- Manny Pacquiao of Philippine has won WBA Welterweight Championship after scoring a split-decision win against Keith Thurman.
- Manny Pacquiao is a Filipino professional boxer and politician, currently serving as a senator of the Philippines.
2. India’s Asian Games 2018 silver in 4×400 Mixed Relay to be upgraded to Gold
- Kemi Adekoya of Bahrain was imposed a 4-year ban by the Athletics Integrity Unit for failing a dope test.
- This thus making India’s Asian Games 2018 silver in 4×400 mixed relay to Gold Medal.
- The 2018 Asian Games, officially known as the 18th Asian Games and also known as Jakarta–Palembang 2018, was a pan-Asian multi-sport event held from 18 August to 2 September 2018 in the Indonesian cities of Jakarta and Palembang.
- India won 15 Gold Medals, 24 Silver Medals and 30 Bronze Medals.
3. ‘Bharat Gaurav Award’ by East Bengal Fc
- Cricketer Kapil Dev was conferred with ‘Bharat Gaurav Award’ by East Bengal FC.
- Quess East Bengal Football Club is a professional Association football Club based in Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
- Founded: 1920 || League: I-League || Manager: Alejandro Menéndez || Arenas/Stadiums: Salt Lake Stadium, East Bengal Ground || Locations: Kolkata, West Bengal
- Kapil Dev is a former Indian cricketer. He was a middle order batsman and a fast bowler. Regarded as one of the greatest all-rounders to play the game.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,24 July
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31