Daily Current Affairs 24 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Chief of the Naval Staff Visits Bangladesh
- Admiral Sunil Lamba, Chief of the Naval Staff will be proceeding on a goodwill visit to Bangladesh from 24 to 29 Jun 18.
- The visit is aimed at consolidating bilateral defence relations between India and Bangladesh and to explore new avenues for naval cooperation.
2. PM Modi Inaugurated Several Development Projects in Madhya Pradesh
- In the first leg of his visit, PM Modi was in Rajgarh where he dedicated the Mohanpura Dam Project to the nation with a cost of 3800 crore rupees.
- In the second leg of his visit, the PM arrived in Indore where he attended the Madhya Pradesh Shehari Vikas Mahotsav and remotely inaugurate various urban development projects worth over 4000 crore rupees.
3. India Infrastructure Expo 2018
- The Union Minister of Railways,Coal, Finance & Corporate Affairs,Piyush Goyal inaugurates India Infrastructure Expo 2018 at the NCPA, Mumbai
- The Expo is being organised by the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India, in partnership with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) on the side-lines of the 3rd Annual Meeting of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) at NCPA, Mumbai
4. India & Cuba Sign MoUs
- India and Cuba have signed two MoUs in the field of biotechnology, traditional medicine and homoeopathy. The agreements were inked following delegation-level talks between President Ram Nath Kovind and his Cuban counterpart Miguel Mario Díaz-Canel in Havana.
- Cuba also reiterated its support to India’s candidature for a permanent seat in UN Security Council. The President is in the Latin American country on the final leg of his three-nation tour to Greece, Suriname and Cuba.
1. Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli Visits China, Signed Agreements
- Nepali Prime Minister Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli is on his first visit to China after assuming the charge as Prime Minister. China will build a railway connecting the western region of Tibet with Nepal, one of several bilateral deals signed during Oli’s visit
- The two sides signed more than 10 agreements involving technology, transportation, infrastructure and political cooperation.
2. Home Minister Rajnath Singh Lays Foundation Stone for Mongolian Refinery
- Mongolia,the construction of country’s first oil refinery with the help of a USD 1 billion loan from India.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh attended the ceremony for the construction of the refinery at ‘Stantsiin Hooloi’ and described it as an important milestone in the bilateral ties.
3. India’s first robotic telescope opens its eyes to the universe
- India’s first robotic telescope located at the Indian Astronomical Observatory (IAO) at Hanle in Ladakh has started observing the skies.
- The facility at Hanle is called GROWTH-India. It is part of a multi-country collaborative initiative called ‘Global Relay of Observatories Watching Transients Happen’ (GROWTH) to observe transient events in the universe.
1. India is the largest borrower from Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- With the total project portfolios of US$4.4 Billion, India has been the largest borrower of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) lending since the time the Bank started its operations.
- AIIB is the first major multilateral development bank where principal contributors are the borrowing members themselves. The third Annual Meeting of the bank focuses on infrastructure, with the theme of innovation and collaboration
2. FICCI awarded at X International IT Forum
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) received an award at the X International IT Forum, in Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia, for its support and active participation at the forum, continuously two years.
- Industry leaders from BRICS and SCO countries and other countries participated in the forum.
3. Vasundhara Raje conferred with ‘Chief Minister of the Year’ award
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje was awarded the ‘Chief Minister of the Year’ award for her extraordinary work in e-governance, at the 52nd Skoch Summit, in New Delhi.
- The award was presented by Skoch Group chairman Sameer Kochhar. Vasundhara Raje’s efforts in implementing the prime minister’s Digital India campaign was appreciated.
1. India’s R Praggnanandhaa Becomes World’s 2nd Youngest Chess Grand Master
- India’s R Praggnanandhaa has become the country’s youngest and the world’s second youngest Grand Master at the age of 12 years, 10 months and 13 days .
- Ukraine’s Sergey Karjakin remains the youngest ever GM, having achieved the feat at the age of 12 years and seven months in 2002.
2. Sandeep Sejwal clinches gold at Singapore National Swimming Championships
- Indian swimmer Sandeep Sejwal won gold medal in men’s 50 meter breaststroke event at the Singapore National Swimming Championships in Singapore.
- India’s Virdhawal Khade secured a silver medal in the 50 meter freestyle event .
3. Karman Kaur Thandi wins her first ever singles title on ITF Pro circuit
- India’s Karman Kaur Thandi bagged her first singles title on the ITF Pro circuit at the Hong Kong ITF Tournament.
- Karman Kaur Thandi defeated China’s Jia-Jing Lu 6-1 6-2 in the finals. Karman Kaur Thandi is 20 years old. She hails from Delhi.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15