Daily Current Affairs 24 March 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 March 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 March 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 March 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Lalu sentenced to jail in 4th fodder scam case
- Lalu was found guilty of fraudulent withdrawal of over Rs.3 cr from the Dumka Treasury during his tenure as CM two decades ago.
- He has also been convicted in three other fodder scam cases.
2. PM Modi receives German President at Rashtrapathi Bhavan
- PM Modi and President Kovind received German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier at the Rashtrapathi Bhavan.
- He will hold talks with PM Modi in areas of trade and investment.
3. Kerala CM Launches mKeralam app
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan launched the app which will offer govt services through a unified interface.
- Public Wi-Fi will also be set up so that people can use the app.
4. Air India makes history by flying to Israel via Saudi airspace
- The direct maiden flight of Air India to Tel Aviv from New Delhi arrived at Tel Aviv,heralding a new chapter in the India-Israel ties and ending a decades-old overfly ban by Saudi Arabia.
- Saudi Arabia’s decision to permit Air India to use its airspace has enabled the airline to take a shorter route.
1. US files complaint against China at WTO
- US accused China of discriminating American companies over technology licensing practices.
- This comes amid ongoing tensions which started when Prez Trump imposed tariffs on imports worth up to $60 bn from China.
2. German city installs Karl Marx traffic lights
- Germany’s Trier, the hometown of Karl Marx has the traffic lights to commemorate the 200th birth anniversary of Marx.
- The city will also install a statue given by China.
3. Australia scraps work visa programme used largely by Indians
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category used by skilled overseas workers to promote employment of locals.
- The majority of visa holders under the category are Indians who comprise nearly 22% of the intake followed by British and US citizens.
4.World Tuberculosis Day:24th March
- World Tuberculosis Day, observed on 24 March each year, is designed to build public awareness about the global epidemic of tuberculosis (TB) and efforts to eliminate the disease.
- The theme of TB day 2018 was: Wanted: Leaders for a TB-free world. The day focused on building commitment to end TB, not only at the political level with Heads of State and Ministers of Health, but at all levels from Mayors, Governors, parliamentarians and community leaders.
1. Asia’s most valuable firm Tencent loses $23 bn in one day
- This comes afterits largest shareholder Naspers lowered its stake from 33.2% to 31.2%.
- Tencent is world’s largest social media company.
2. Jio, Saavn to create music streaming platform
- Reliance Industries will integrate Saavn with JioMusic to create a platform valued over $1 bn.
- The deal is led by Akash Ambani.
3. Bank fraud loss in 3 months of 2018 crosses total loss in 2017
- The amount reached to Rs.19,194 cr this year which is 63% more than the total loss on all frauds in 2017.
- The CBI has registered 12 major cases of suspected bank fraud this year.
4.Vodafone Group and Aditya Birla Group announce leadership team
- Vodafone Group and Aditya Birla Group have appointed Balesh Sharma as chief executive officer (CEO) of an entity created by the merger of their local telecom units.
- The merged entity post the merger of Vodafone and Idea cellular will be India’s largest mobile phone operator by subscriber and revenue market share.
1. PV Sindhu to be India’s flag bearer at CWG
- Sindhu is said to be India’s flag bearer at the opening ceremony of 2018 Commonwealth Games in Australia.
- She won a bronze at the 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
2. Manu Bhaker wins gold at WC
- Shooter Manu Bhaker won a gold in the women’s 10-m air pistol event at the Junior World Cup in Sydney.
- India are second in the medal’s tally with 11 medals.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,24 March
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26