Daily Current Affairs 24 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Martyrs’ Day (India)
- In India, there are five days declared as Martyrs’ Day (at national level also known as Sarvodaya day). They are named in honour of those who are recognised as martyrs for the nation
- 30 January :- 30 January is the date observed in the national level. The date was chosen as it marks the assassination of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi Ji in 1948, by Nathuram Godse.
- 23 March :- The anniversary of the deaths of Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar and Shivaram Rajguru on 23 March 1931, in Lahore (Pakistan), is declared to be Martyr’s Day.
- 21 October :- 21 October is Police Martyrs’ Day (or Police Commemoration Day), observed by police departments nationwide.
- 17 November :- Odisha observes 17 November, the death anniversary of Lala Lajpat Rai (1865–1928), the “Lion of Punjab”
- 19 November :- The birthday of Rani Lakshmibai, 19 November 1828, queen of the Maratha-ruled princely state of Jhansi, is observed as Martyrs’ Day in the region
2. Book ‘Every Vote Counts’
- Book ‘Every Vote Counts’ is authored by Navin Chawla.
- Navin Chawla is a retired Indian civil servant and writer, who served as 16th Chief Election Commissioner of India. Four phases of the Indian general election to Loksabha were executed under his supervision in April and May 2009.
3. 64th Filmfare Awards 2019
- Best Actor (Popular) : Ranbir Kapoor, Sanju
- Best Actress (Popular) : Alia Bhatt, Raazi
- Best Actor (Critics) : Ranveer Singh, Padmaavat and Ayushmann Khurrana, AndhaDhun
- Best Actress (Critics) : Neena Gupta, Badhaai Ho
- Best Film (Popular) : Raazi
- Best Film (Critics) : Sriram Raghavan, AndhaDhun
- Best Director : Meghna Gulzar, Raazi
- Lifetime Achievement Award : Sridevi
1. World Tuberculosis Day
- World Tuberculosis Day, observed on 24 March each year, is designed to build public awareness about the global epidemic of tuberculosis and efforts to eliminate the disease.
- Theme :- ‘It’s TIME’.
- In 2012, 8.6 million people fell ill with TB, and 1.3 million died from the disease, mostly in low and middle-income countries.
2. Longest-living President in American history
- Jimmy Carter has become the longest-living President in American history at 94 years 172 days old.
- James Earl Carter Jr. is an American politician and philanthropist who served as the 39th president of the United States from 1977 to 1981. A Democrat, he previously served as a Georgia State senator from 1963 to 1967 and as the 76th governor of Georgia from 1971 to 1975.
3. Langkawi International Maritime Aero Expo (LIMA) 2019
- Indian Air Force will take part in Langkawi International Maritime Aero Expo,(LIMA) 2019 at Langkawi, Malaysia.
- It will provide an opportunity to air-warriors to interact with their Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) counterparts and foster close relationship between the two services.
4. World Meteorological Day
- The date of the establishment of the World Meteorological Organization in 23 March 1950 has been named World Meteorological Day.
- This organization announces a slogan for World Meteorology Day every year, and this day is celebrated in all member countries.
- Theme of the World Meteorological Day 2019 : ‘The Sun, the Earth and the Weather’
1. Mi Pay
- Xiaomi has partnered with National Payments Corporation of India to launch its own Unified Payments Interface based payments service ‘Mi Pay’ in India.
- ICICI Bank is the beneficiary partner in Mi Pay.
2. AI for India Summit
- Facebook will held inaugural ‘AI for India Summit’ on 26 March in Bangalore.
- It focuses on discussing inclusive growth and solutions to the most enduring social challenges.
3. WEF Global Energy Transition Index
- India is ranked 76th on Global Energy Transition Index which is compiled by World Economic Forum.
- Sweden has topped the charts followed by Switzerland and Norway in the top three.
- The World Economic Forum, based in Cologny-Geneva, Switzerland, was founded in 1971 as a not-for-profit organization. It gained formal status in January 2015 under the Swiss Host-State Act, confirming the role of the Forum as an International Institution for Public-Private Cooperation.
4. Belt and Road initiative
- Italy has become first G7 nation to join ‘Belt and Road initiative’ of China.
- The Belt and Road Initiative, also known as the One Belt One Road or the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-century Maritime Silk Road, is a development strategy adopted by the Chinese government.
1. Paralympic High Jumper Girish Gowda
- Karnataka state Election Commission has appointed Girish N. Gowda as election ambassador of the Karnataka.
- He represented India in the 2012 Summer Paralympic games held in London in the men’s high jump F-42 category and won the silver medal in the finals.
2. 2019 Badminton Asia Mixed Team Championship
- China has won 2019 Badminton Asia Mixed Team Championship by defeating Japan 3-2 in the final.
- The 2019 Badminton Asia Mixed Team Championship was held in Hong Kong.
3. TSJA Sportsperson of the Year
- Saina Nehwal has won TSJA Sportsperson of the Year award at Telangana Sports Journalists Association (TSJA).
- PV Sindhu was named the Outstanding Performer of the Year (female).
- Pullela Gopichand was awarded the Coach of the Year.
- Indian badminton team was named the Team of the Year.
- Badminton Association of Telangana was awarded the Association of the Year.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,24 March
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26
- Daily Current Affairs: March 27
- Daily Current Affairs: March 28
- Daily Current Affairs: March 29
- Daily Current Affairs: March 30
- Daily Current Affairs: March 31