Daily Current Affairs 24 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Allahabad to be ‘Prayagraj’
- The UP govt is planning to change the name before Kumbh Mela in the city next year.
- Prayag is a place where 3 rivers flowing across the state meet.
2. DMK calls for bandh in TN
- DMK and other opposition parties called for bandh to condemn police firing incidents in Tuticorin.
- A press release said that the bandh would reflect the feelings of Tamils.
3. Forest fire near Vaishno Devi
- 10,000 pilgrims are stranded after the Vaishno Devi yatra was suspended.
- 200 people have been deployed to control the fire.
4. Kerala To Unveil World’s Largest Bird Sculpture ‘Jatayu’
- Kerala tourism will inaugurate the world’s largest bird sculpture, Jatayu Earth’s Centre, in Thiruvananthapuram on July 4
- The replica of the bird ‘Jatayu’ — a character in the Ramayana — is 200 feet long, 150 feet wide, 65 feet tall and is positioned right at the top of a rock situated 1,000 feet above sea level.
1. Modi to visit Indonesia and Singapore
- PM Modi will hold bilateral talks with leaders of both the nations.
- This is the 1st time an Indian PM is invited to give a keynote address in Singapore.
2. Trump cancels N Korea summit
- US Prez cancelled the talks with N Korean leader that was scheduled on June 12.
- Trump cited N Korea’s anger and open hostility as the reason.
3. Palestine to be a part of CWG
- It is the 193rd nation to join the Chemical Weapons Convention.
- South Sudan, N Korea and Egypt are not the members of the organization that committed at preventing manufacture of chemical weapons.
4.India Moves One Notch To 44th In Competitiveness Rankings,China At 13
- India has moved one notch higher, to the 44th place in terms of competitiveness, in the annual rankings compiled by International Institute for Management Development which placed the U.S. in the top slot.
- The other top 10 countries include Denmark (6th), the UAE (7th), Norway (8th) and Sweden (9th) and Canada (10th).
1. GAIL profit rises 292%
- Oil and gas major reported 292% jump in net profit to Rs.1,021 cr for March quarter.
- The company’s revenue touched Rs.15,430 cr.
2. UBER raises up to $600 mn
- Uber is raising money from firms Coatue Management, Altimeter and TPG at $62 bn valuation.
- Current Uber employees can sell their shares amidst this valuation through stock sale.
3. SoftBank sells Flipkart stake to Walmart
- Softbank has confirmed it is selling stake of 20% in Flipkart to Walmart.
- This is the 1st public disinvestment by the company’s Vision Fund.
4. Airtel Payments Bank gets new CEO
- Anubrata Biswas is appointed as the MD and CEO of Airtel Payments Bank.
- He was the joint general manager and retail business head of South India at ICICI Bank.
1. KKR defeat RR in Eliminator
- KKR eliminated RR from IPL 2018 after defeating them for the 3rd time this season.
- The team will now face SRH in Qualifier 2.
2. ABD retires at No.2
- SA cricketer AB de Villiers announced his retirement while holding no.2 spot in ICC ODI rankings.
- He won the ICC ODI Player of the Year award for 3 times.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,24 May
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15