Daily Current Affairs 24 November 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 November 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 November 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 November 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Aamir Khan’ Paani foundation launches contest in Maharashtra.
- During meeting with Maharashtra Chief Minister Devndra Fadanvis, actor Aamir Khan has announced that his NGO Paani Foundation would hold ‘Satyamev Jayate Water Cup’ activities in 75 tehsils of Maharashtra.
- This comes after state government was criticized for claiming that a village became drought-free because of its scheme.
2.India climbs 3 steps to 51 on IMD World Talent Rankings.
- India has improved its ranking by three notches to 51 globally in terms of ability to attract, develop and retain talent while Switzerland topped the list compiled by leading global business school IMD.
- Globally Europe continues to dominate ranking with Switzerland, Denmark and Belgium being the most competitive countries.
3.Global Conference on Cyber Space.
- Shri Narendra Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India inaugurated the Global Conference on Cyberspace 2017 in the Capital.
- The Prime Minister also launched the UMANG App that aims to bring 162 government services on a single mobile app, with a larger goal to make the government accessible on the mobile phone of our citizens.
1.IKEA opens first ‘Hej Home’ in India at Hyderabad.
- Swedish home furnishing major IKEA has launched its first experiential centre ‘IKEA Hej Home’ in Hyderabad, ahead of opening its first store in the country at the same state in springs 2018.
- Designed for 6-months duration, IKEA Hej Home will familiarize customers with IKEA home furnishing solutions and offer a first-hand experience of an IKEA store.
2.Meg Whitman to step down as HP CEO.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise CEO Meg Whitman will step down from her position in Feb-2018.
- Whitman took over the position in September 2011 and previously served as the CEO of eBay.
3.Emmerson Mnangagwa sworn in as President of Zimbabwe.
- Emmerson Mnangagwa was sworn in as Zimbabwe’s new President becoming the country’s second leader after independence.
- The former Zimbabwean Vice President will serve as interim President until a new leader is elected in the polls next year.
1.S Korea’s Lotte buys Havmor Ice Cream for Rs.1,020crore.
- South Korean food and beverage major Lotte Confectionery has agreed to acquire Gujarat based Havmor Ice Cream for Rs.1,020crore.
- Havmor operates parlours in 14 states and sells via 40,000 outlets.
2.SBI launches YONO.
- State Bank of India has launched a unified integrated app called YONO(You Need Only One) that would offer all kinds of financial and lifestyle products.
- YONO will also allow customers to meet their lifestyle needs across 14 categories including booking and renting cabs, entertainment, dining experience, travel and stay, medical needs etc.
3.Hike, Airtel Payments Bank tie-up.
- An Indian messaging app Hike has tied up with Airtel Payments Bank to power its mobile wallet product.
- Through this partnership Airtel Payments Bank gets access to over 100mn users on Hike and will begin powering the Hike Wallet Product.
1.Ex-paralympian Oscar Pistorius jail term increased to 13 years.
- South Africa’s Supreme Court increased the murder sentence of former Paralympian Oscar Pistorius to 13 years and five months.
- This comes after state argued that his original sentence of six years was “shockingly lenient”
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15