Daily Current Affairs 24 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. 100 years of the historical Jallianwalla Bagh Massacre
- Govt. has decided to mark the remembrance of 100 years of the historical Jallianwalla Bagh Massacre next year 13th April, 2019.
- The commemorative coin and postage stamps will be released on 13th April, 2019 (the day the incident took place 100 years ago).
2. India Skills Report 2019
- Andhra Pradesh has the highest employability in list of India Skills Report 2019, followed by Rajasthan and Haryana.
- The employability levels of Engineers have increased to 63.11% from 42.08% last year.
- The employability levels of MBA and polytechnic is between 47.18% and 45.90%.
- India Skills Report 2019 conducted jointly by Wheebox, PeopleStrong, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
3. First ‘Youth Advocate’ of the North Eastern
- Singer Nahid Afrin(Assam) has been appointed as the first ‘Youth Advocate’ of the NE region by the UNICEF.
- Nahid Afrin is an Indian playback singer who made her debut in the 2016 Bollywood film Akira starring Sonakshi Sinha in the lead role. She first gained recognition as a singer as a participant in the 2015 edition of Indian Idol Junior.
4. Ustad Imrat Khan passes away
- Indian classical music doyen, Ustad Imrat Khan has passed away at 83.
- He was known for promoting the sitar and the surbahar.
- He belonged to the Etawa Gharana.
1. 7th International Tourism Mart
- Tripura will host the 7th International Tourism Mart at Agartala, Tripura.
- Theme :- ‘Adventure Tourism’.
2. Kartarpur Corridor
- Kartarpur Corridor is a proposed border-corridor between India and Pakistan connecting the Sikh Holy shrine of Dera Baba Nanak Sahib to the holy shrine of Kartarpur Sahib states of Punjab in India and Pakistan.
- President Kovind with Punjab CM Amarinder Singh will lay the foundation stone for the same at Dera Baba Nanak, Gurdaspur.
3. India-UAE Strategic Conclave
- The second edition of the India-UAE Strategic Conclave will be held in Abu Dhabi on 27th of November.
- The UAE Capital: Abu Dhabi || Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham.
1. RIL Jio with Indian Railway
- Reliance Jio will replace Airtel as the telecom service provider for Indian Railways from January 1, 2019 as connections used by railway employees in the Closed User Group.
- Indian Railways is India’s national railway system operated by the Ministry of Railways. It manages the fourth-largest railway network in the world by size, with 121,407 kilometres of total track over a 67,368-kilometre route.
2. Forbes India Leadership Awards 2018
- Azim Premji has honoured Forbes India Leadership Awards 2018, Lifetime Achievement.
- Azim Premji is an Indian business tycoon, investor, and philanthropist, who is the chairman of Wipro Limited. He is informally known as the Czar of the Indian IT Industry.
3. Infosys to set up three hubs in Australia
- Infosys will create 1,200 jobs and open three innovation hubs in Australia by 2020.
- Infosys :- CEO: Salil Parekh || Headquarters: Bengaluru || Revenue: 1,131 crores USD (2018) || Founders: N. R. Narayana Murthy, Nandan Nilekani,
4. Wipro and Adani Ports are dropped from Sensex
- Wipro and Adani Ports will be dropped from Sensex (BSE’s benchmark index) from December 24.
- Bajaj Finance and HCL Technologies will be the New Entrants to the index.
- The S&P BSE SENSEX, also called the BSE 30 or simply the SENSEX, is a free-float market-weighted stock market index of 30 well-established and financially sound companies listed on Bombay Stock Exchange.
1. Didier Drogba’s retirement
- Former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has announced his retirement from all format of Football.
- He had made 100 appearances for Ivory Coast and was also voted twice African Footballer of the year.
2. Sachin Tendulkar with Apollo Tyres
- Apollo Tyres has announced Sachin Tendulkar as its brand ambassador for the period of 5 years.
- Apollo Tyres also sponsors Manchester United (English Premier League club), Borussia Monchengladbach (German football club), Chennaiyin FC (Indian Super League) and Minerva Punjab FC(I-League).
3. CEO of BCCI
- Rahul Johri will continue as CEO of BCCI
- This came after Committee of Administrators appointed three-member probe panel cleared Rahul Johri amidst #metoo allegations.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,24 November
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15