Daily Current Affairs 24 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Govt unveils plan to develop 83,000 km roads
- The Finance Ministry unveiled road building plans aimed at developing roads at the cost of Rs.7 lakh crore.
- It is expected to create 14.2 crore man-days of work.
2. SC orders demolition of parking lot near Taj Mahal
- The court termed it as an environmental Hazard.
- The court also slammed UP govt for allowing local authorities to construct the parking lot within 1 km of from the monument.
3. Govt plans to triple tourist inflow by 2022
- Union Tourism Minister KJ Alphons announced the plan to increase tourist inflow to 4 crore and create 10 crore jobs through tourism sector.
- He added that govt is planning to set up a national tourism board to facilitate foreign tourists.
1. US begins ‘missile tracking drill’ over Korean peninsula
- The US, South Korea and Japan started a two-day missile warning drill over the Korean peninsula.
- This comes after North Korea warned that a nuclear war may break out any moment.
2. Xi Jinping becomes China’s most powerful leader since Mao
- China’s Communist Party said, adding Xi Jinping’s ideology to the party’s constitution makes him the most powerful leader since Mao Zedong.
- Any challenge to the President will be considered as a threat to the Communist Party rule.
3. Polluting vehicle to pay 10 pounds on entering London
- Drivers of polluting vehicles will have to pay this daily charge to drive in central London.
- The new levy called T-charge has been introduced in an effort to improve air quality in London.
1. Infosys profit rises 3.3%
- The IT Giant posted a rise in profit to Rs.3,726 crore for the quarter ended Sept 30th.
- The revenue of the company also increased by 1.5% to Rs.17,567 crore.
2. Cisco buys BroadSoft
- Cisco Systems will acquire US software company in a deal valued at about $1.9 billion, including debt.
- This is Cisco’s second major acquisition this year following a $3.7 billion deal for AppDynamics in March.
1. Kidambi Srikanth to get Rs.5 lakh cash reward from BAI
- Indian Shuttler will receive the cash reward following his title Denmark Open.
- BAI President Himanta Biswa Sarma said that he can see the boys winning more laurels for the country.
2. Sidhu, Rai win mixed team gold at Shooting WC Final
- Indian shooters Heena Sidhu and Jitu Rai won India its first gold medal in the 10-metre air pistol mixed team event at the ISSF Shooting World Cup Final.
- The mixed team events have been included as medal sports in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15