Daily Current Affairs 24 September 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24 September 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24 September 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24 September 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Naropa Festival – Kumbh Mela of the Himalayas
- During the Festival. It has created a Guinness world records and declared the dance performance as the ‘Largest Ladakhi Dance’.
- The festival is celebrated every 12th year of the Tibetan calendar.
2. Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) Awards
- Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and Madhya Pradesh Bagged Award as three best performing States under Amrut Scheme.
- As Andhra Pradesh has topped among States in terms of ‘Ease of Living Index’ launched by Home Affairs Ministry.
3. Indian Human Spaceflight Programme
- ISRO to develop the technology that is needed to launch crewed orbital spacecraft into low Earth orbit.
- The first crewed flight is planned with Gaganyaan Spacecraft for December 2021 on GSLV-III rocket.
4. Neela Kurinji Plant
- Tamil Nadu government has launched a scheme for the protection of the Neela kurinji.
- Kurinji or Neelakurinji is a shrub that is found in the shola forests of the Western Ghats in South India. Nilgiri Hills(blue mountains), got their name from the purplish blue flowers of Neelakurinji that blossoms only once in 12 years.
1. New President of Maldives
- Ibrahim Mohamed Solih won the Maldives’ presidential election.
- He is the Opposition leader and defeated president Abdulla Yameen.
2. MahaBiz 2018
- It is a Conference between Maharashtra and Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region.
- ‘MahaBiz 2018’ International Business Conference (Third edition) will be held from 12th to 13th October 2018 in Dubai.
3. Apple’s acquisition of Shazam
- Apple has completed the acquisition Shazam music app.
- Apple Inc. is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Cupertino, California, that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and online services.
1. Reliance Jio with Star India
- It is a five-year partnership agreement between both to televised India cricket matches to JioTV users.
- Reliance Jio has signed an agreement with Star India Pvt. Ltd. for the same.
2. Facebook India’s New MD and VP
- Ajit Mohan has been appointed as Facebook India’s Managing Director and Vice President.
- He is currently the CEO of Hotstar.
3. Dena Bank board approved merger
- Dena Bank board has approved merger with Vijaya, Bank of Baroda for the same.
- A merger of these three banks to create the country’s second largest state-run bank, after SBI.
4. WhatsApp’s Grievance officer for India
- WhatsApp has appointed Komal Lahiri as grievance officer for India.
- The process for users to flag concerns and complaints will roll out this will include also the fake news.
1. World Chess Olympiad
- Vaishali Narendra Salavkar will be first blind chess player from India at World Chess Olympiad at Batumi in Georgia.
- She is an eight-time national champion.
2. China Open
- Anthony Sinisuka (Indonesia) Ginting beat Kento Momota to(Japan) in Men’s singles title.
- Carolina Marin(Spain) beat Chen Yufei(China) in women’s singles title.
3. Biswanath Dutt Passes Away
- He was former BCCI president in 1989.
- About BCCI :- President: C.K. Khanna || Headquarters: Mumbai || Chief Exec: Rahul Johri || Secretary: Amitabh Chaudhary || Founded: December 1928
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15