Daily Current Affairs 24th 25th May 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24th 25th May 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24th 25th May 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24th 25th May 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Panel on India’s drug regulatory system
- A high-level committee, chaired by Rajesh Bhushan, has been formed by the Government to recommend reforms in India’s drug regulatory system.
- India’s Joint Drug Controller Dr Eswara Reddy will assist the committee in their work.
2. Shram Siddhi Abhiyan
- Madhya Pradesh Government has launched ‘Shram Siddhi Abhiyan’ to provide jobs to labourers.
- Lalji Tandon is an Indian politician serving as the 22nd and current Governor of Madhya Pradesh.
1. Treaty on Open Skies
- The United States will withdraw from the 35-nation Open Skies treaty which allows unarmed surveillance flights over member countries.
- The Treaty on Open Skies entered into force on January 1, 2002, and currently has 35 party states.
- It establishes a program of unarmed aerial surveillance flights over the entire territory of its participants.
1. Largest manufacturer of PPE in the world
- India has become the 2nd largest manufacturer of PPE in the world after China.
- Minister of Health and Family Welfare: Harsh Vardhan
1. World Bank position in South Asia
- Indian Economist Abhas Jha has been appointed by the World Bank to a key position on climate change and disaster management in South Asia.
- The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans and grants to the governments of poorer countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projects.
- It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the International Development Association.
- Headquarters: Washington DC || President: David Malpass
2. National President of FICCI Ladies Organization
- Assam-based entrepreneur Jahnabi Phookan has been appointed as the National President of FICCI Ladies Organization replacing Harjinder Kaur Talwar.
- FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO) is the women wing of the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FICCI). An all India forum for women, FLO has its headquarters in New Delhi, with 16 chapters covering different geographical regions of India.
1. World Turtle Day
- World Turtle Day is observed on 23rd May.
- The purpose of World Turtle Day, sponsored yearly since 2000 by American Tortoise Rescue, is to bring attention to, and increase knowledge of and respect for, turtles and tortoises, and encourage human action to help them survive and thrive.
2. International Missing Children’s Day
- International Missing Children’s Day is an international day celebrated on May 25.
- It is the same day as the United States’ National Missing Children’s Day designated by Ronald Reagan in 1983.
1. Balbir Singh Sr. passes away
- Hockey Player Balbir Singh has passes away.
- Balbir Singh Dosanjh was an Indian hockey player. He was a three-time Olympic gold medallist, having played a key role in India’s wins in London, Helsinki, and Melbourne Olympics.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Economic Times Iconic Brand for the year 2019-20
- Hahnemann Scientific Laboratory India has won Economic Times Iconic Brand for the year 2019-20.
- HSL: Located: Lucknow || Head: Dr K B Rastogi
2. Top Global Initiative to fight COVID-19 pandemic
- United Nations has listed khudol of Manipur as one of top 10 Global Initiatives to fight COVID-19 pandemic.
- The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization that aims to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and be a center for harmonizing the actions of nations.
- Secretary general: AntónioGuterres || Headquarters: New York
1. Aritz Aduriz retires
- Athletic Bilbao and Spanish Football Team Striker Aritz Aduriz has announced his retirement from the football.
- Athletic Bilbao is a Spanish professional football club based in the city of Bilbao in the Basque Country.