Daily Current Affairs 24th June 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24th June 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24th June 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24th June 2023 Current affairs test.
1. Foundation Stone for ‘Balidan Stambh’ Set by Amit Shah in Srinagar
- Amit Shah, the Union Home Minister, commenced the building of the ‘Balidan Stambh’ in Srinagar on June 24.
- He was accompanied by Jammu and Kashmir’s Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha, at the event near Srinagar’s Lal Chowk.
- This monument, under the Srinagar Smart City initiative, honors the martyrs who laid down their lives for India.
- Strict security measures were enforced for the event, but local businesses remained operational and vehicular movement was largely unaffected.
2. Telangana’s Chief Minister Launches Medha Rail Coach Factory in Hyderabad
- K Chandrashekhar Rao, Telangana’s Chief Minister, unveiled the Medha Rail Coach Factory, India’s most extensive private coach factory, situated in Kondakal, Shankarpally mandal of the Rangareddy district.
- He promised the Medha Servo Group full support for its expansion within the state, believing it will offer employment for local individuals.
3. L&T and DRDO Collaborate on AIP System for Indian Navy
- A strategic partnership has been established between Larsen & Toubro (L&T) and the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) to devise an Indigenous Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) System for Indian Navy’s submarines.
- The collaboration seeks to design two AIP System Modules for the Kalvari Class submarines.
- These systems will focus on energy generation and on-demand hydrogen production, negating the need for onboard hydrogen storage and increasing safety.
4. Team Marksmen Honors NTPC as “Top Workplace for 2023-24”
- India’s major power producing entity, NTPC Ltd., earned the title of “Most Preferred Workplace of 2023-24” by Team Marksmen.
- This accolade celebrates NTPC’s exemplary achievements in diverse domains, showcasing its commitment to its mission and its workforce.
5. TCS Finalizes Major Agreement with UK’s National Employment Savings Trust
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) expanded its association with the UK’s NEST, the predominant workplace pension provider.
- The agreement, valued at £840 million ($1.1 billion), focuses on digitally overhauling NEST’s administrative operations for an initial 10-year duration. If extended to 18 years, the contract might be worth up to £1.5 billion ($1.9 billion).
6. RBI Levies Fines on Multiple Banks Including Axis Bank, J and K Bank, and Bank of Maharashtra
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposed a fine of Rs 2.5 crore on the Jammu & Kashmir Bank due to non-adherence to certain RBI guidelines concerning loan exposure, among other issues.
- The bank’s shortcomings were identified in the RBI’s audit as of March 31, 2021.
Ranking & Survey Insights
7. Vienna Maintains its Status as the Prime City for Residency: 2023 Global Liveability Index
- The Economist Intelligence Unit’s 2023 Global Liveability Index pronounced Vienna, Austria as the premier global city for living.
- Vienna’s top rank is attributed to its stability, cultural richness, solid infrastructure, education, and healthcare. The city has frequently retained this position, barring interruptions due to the pandemic.
Significant Day Observations
8. Observance of the Day of the Seafarer 2023: Insights and Origins
- June 25th marks the Day of the Seafarer, dedicated to those connected to the seas, from Navies to marine biologists.
- It recalls the inaugural recorded maritime expedition around 3200 BCE, sponsored by Egyptian Pharaoh Snefru.
- The day acknowledges seafarers’ pivotal role in trade, the worldwide economy, and society, and their contributions to marine preservation.
9. India Celebrates World Hydrography Day 2023
- On June 21, 2023, the Indian Naval Hydrographic Department observed World Hydrography Day.
- The National Hydrographic Office in Dehradun hosted various events to spread awareness about hydrography’s crucial role in navigation, marine conservation, and supporting India’s Blue Economy goals.
10. Inaugural Forum for International Day of Women in Diplomacy 2023
- Annually on June 24, the International Day of Women in Diplomacy is celebrated to acknowledge influential women in global diplomacy and decision-making.
- The theme for this year’s forum, organized by the Royal Academy of Science International Trust, was “Breaking Barriers, Shaping the Future: Women in Diplomacy for Sustainable Development.”
11. Paytm and Arunachal Pradesh Engage to Bolster Startup Ambiance
- Paytm Payment Services Limited and Arunachal Pradesh Innovation and Investment Park have penned a memorandum to cultivate a startup atmosphere for the state’s youth.
- The initiative aspires to stimulate entrepreneurial spirit and support budding businesses.
12. Cristiano Ronaldo Establishes Guinness Record with 200 International Matches
- Cristiano Ronaldo was honored with a Guinness World Record after completing his 200th international game for Portugal against Iceland in a Euro 2024 qualifier.
- This milestone makes him the player with the highest number of international caps.
13. A.K. Bhattacharya Pens a Book on Indian Finance Ministers
- Respected journalist A.K. Bhattacharya has penned “India’s Finance Ministers: From Independence to Emergency (1947-1977),” profiling the influence of India’s financial heads during the initial 30 years post-independence. The book is a Penguin Business publication.