Daily Current Affairs 24th November 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 24th November 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 24th November 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 24th November 2023 Current affairs test.
1. Namma Kambala Event Set to Thrill Bengaluru:
- Bengaluru is gearing up to host Namma Kambala, the traditional buffalo racing contest from coastal Karnataka.
- Scheduled for November 25 and 26 at the Palace Grounds, this marks the first time Kambala is being held in Bengaluru’s urban setting.
- Organized by Tulukoota Bengaluru, the event showcases buffalo races led by whip-wielding farmers through slushy fields, a spectacle typically following the southwest monsoon.
2. Geospatial Mapping Revolution: Survey of India Partners with Genesys International:
- The Survey of India (SoI), India’s primary survey and mapping organization, has collaborated with Genesys International, an Indian company specializing in geospatial solutions.
- This partnership, a first of its kind, aims to create a 3D digital twin-mapping program of Indian cities and towns.
- Utilizing SoI’s CORS network, this initiative will deliver real-time high precision positioning data, contributing to accurate and dynamic 3D digital twin mapping of urban environments.
3. Geert Wilders’ Far-Right Party Wins in Dutch Elections:
- In a significant political development, Geert Wilders, leader of the far-right Freedom Party (PVV), achieved a notable victory in the Dutch elections.
- Wilders, known for his anti-immigration stance and admiration for leaders like Donald Trump and Viktor Orban, now sets his sights on becoming the Netherlands’ next prime minister.
- His victory signals a shift towards far-right ideologies in Europe, impacting the political landscape ahead of the European Parliament elections.
4. UAE Unveils World’s Largest Single-Site Solar Power Plant:
- The United Arab Emirates has inaugurated the Al Dhafra Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Independent Power Project, the world’s largest single-site solar power plant.
- Located near Abu Dhabi, the 2-gigawatt plant will power nearly 200,000 homes and reduce carbon emissions by 2.4 million tonnes annually.
- This project sets new benchmarks in utility-scale solar project costs.
5. Telangana Reveals World’s First 3D-Printed Temple:
- Telangana has unveiled a groundbreaking 3D-printed temple in Burugupally, Siddipet district.
- Constructed over three months, this 4,000-square-foot temple stands 35.5 feet tall and is dedicated to multiple deities.
- Developed by Hyderabad-based Apsuja Infratech and Simpliforge Creations, the temple represents a significant milestone in technological innovation in construction.
6. Blue Dart and India Post Collaborate for Parcel Locker Service:
- Blue Dart Express has partnered with India Post to introduce automated Digital Parcel Lockers in select post offices.
- This collaboration is aimed at redefining logistics solutions, offering customers a convenient, secure, and efficient method for package delivery and retrieval.
Important Days News
7. Shaheedi Diwas: Remembering Guru Tegh Bahadur:
- Guru Tegh Bahadur Singh, the 9th Guru of the Sikhs, is remembered on his martyrdom day, November 24.
- Born in 1621 in Amritsar, Guru Tegh Bahadur’s bravery, exemplified in his youth during a confrontation with a Mughal army, earned him the name ‘Teg Bahadur’ (brave sword).
- November 24 is observed as Shaheedi Diwas, a day of reflection on his contributions to the Sikh faith and Indian history.
8. RBI Expands PIDF Scheme Including PM Vishwakarma:
- The Reserve Bank of India has extended its Payments Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) scheme until December 31, 2025.
- This extension aims to boost the deployment of payment acceptance infrastructure across various regions, particularly promoting digital transactions at the grassroots level.
- The scheme will now include technologies like soundbox devices and Aadhaar-enabled biometric devices toencourage modern payment methods.
Summits & Conferences News
9. Nitin Gadkari Inaugurates 8th India Water Impact Summit:
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the 8th edition of the Indian Water Impact Summit (IWIS) in New Delhi.
- Organized by the National Mission for Clean Ganga and the Center for Ganga River Basin Management and Studies, the summit, held from November 22 to 24, 2023, gathered experts to discuss challenges and opportunities in India’s water sector.
- The event also featured the 1st CITIS Summit, showcasing innovative solutions in water, energy, waste, and more.
Ranks & Reports News
10. TCS Tops Customer Satisfaction in IT and Cloud Services in Spain:
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has risen to the top spot in customer satisfaction among IT and cloud services providers in Spain.
- According to a survey by Whitelane Research, TCS excelled in service delivery quality and commercial competitiveness, securing a customer satisfaction score of 83%, above the industry average.
11. Four Indian Women Featured in BBC 100 Women 2023 List:
- The BBC 100 Women list for 2023 includes four prominent Indian women, acknowledging their influence and contributions across various fields.
- The list features actress Dia Mirza, cricketer Harmanpreet Kaur, photographer Arati Kumar-Rao, and Buddhist nun Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo.
12. Ishwak Singh Bags Best Actor at Stars Asian International Film Festival:
- Actor Ishwak Singh won the Best Actor award at the Stars Asian International Film Festival for his role in the film ‘Berlin.’
- The movie, also starring Aparshakti Khurana, Rahul Bose, and others, has been well-received at various film festivals.
Books & Authors News
13. ‘Thread by Thread’ Book Release on Shambhu Kumar Kasliwal:
- ‘Thread by Thread,’ a book detailing the life of textile magnate Shambhu Kumar Kasliwal, was released by Kapil Dev in Mumbai.
- Authored by Sathya Saran and published by Penguin Random House, the book narrates the journey of Shambhu Kumar from a trader to an industrialist.
14. Anahat Singh Clinches National Squash Championship Title:
- Fifteen-year-old Anahat Singh made history as the second youngest winner of the Senior National Squash Championships.
- She secured the title after her opponent, Tanvi Khanna, retired due to a knee injury during the final match.
Science & Technology News
15. OneWeb India Receives IN-SPACe Approval for Satellite Broadband:
- OneWeb India, a subsidiary of the Bharti Group and part of the Eutelsat Group, has become the first company to receive approval from IN-SPACe, India’s space regulator, to start commercial satellite broadband services.
- The company has obtained all necessary regulatory approvals and is set to launch its services soon, with in-principle approval to establish two gateways in Gujarat and Tamil Nadu.