Daily Current Affairs 25th 26th April 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25th 26th April 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25th 26th April 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25th 26th April 2020 Current affairs test.
1. First state with in-house facility of virtual courts
- Uttar Pradesh has become first state with in-house facility of virtual courts through video conferencing.
- Governor of Uttar Pradesh: Anandiben Patel.
2. Khongjom Day
- Manipur Government commemorated ‘Khongjom Day’ at Khongjom War Memorial Complex, Thoubal, Manipur in the memory of Anglo-Manipuri War in 1891.
- Manipur Chief Minister: N. Biren Singh || Governor of Manipur: Najma Heptulla.
3. ‘Lockdown Learners’ Series
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crimes has launched a ‘Lockdown Learners’ series of online dialogues with students and educators in India.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crimes (UNODC): Headquarters: Vienna, Austria || Founded: 1997
1. First military satellite of Iran
- Iran has launched its first military satellite ‘Noor’ into orbit.
- Iran: Capital: Tehran || Currency: Rial || President: Hassan Rouhani.
1. Banking Industry as a public utility
- Indian Government has declared Banking Industry as a public utility service for six months under the provisions of the Industrial Disputes Act 1947.
- It means that the banking sector would not see any strikes by employees.
1. Recharge Saathi
- Vodafone idea and Paytm have launched the ‘Recharge Saathi’ program.
- Aim: To help individuals and small businesses to earn additional income via Cash-back.
- Vodafone Idea Limited is an Indian telecom operator with its headquarters based in Mumbai, Maharashtra and Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- CEO: Ravinder Takkar || Headquarters: Gandhinagar
Science and Technology News
1. VITAL (Ventilator Intervention Technology Accessible Locally)
- NASA has developed a high-pressure ventilator ‘VITAL (Ventilator Intervention Technology Accessible Locally) to treat COVID-19 patients.
- NASA: Administrator: Jim Bridenstine || Headquarters of NASA: Washington DC.
2. ‘e-karyalay’ App
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has launched ‘e-karyalay’ App for movement of files.
- Director-General of CISF: Rajesh Ranjan || CISF established: 1969.
1. Central Vigilance Commissioner
- Sanjay Kothari took oath as Central Vigilance Commissioner of India.
- Central Vigilance Commission is an apex Indian governmental body created in 1964 to address governmental corruption. In 2003, the Parliament enacted a law conferring statutory status on the CVC.
- Central Vigilance Commission: Formed On: February 1964 || Headquarters: New Delhi.
1. International Delegate’s Day
- The UN General Assembly has proclaimed 25 April as International Delegate’s Day.
- Aim: In order to raise awareness of the role of the representatives and delegates of the Member States to the United Nations.
2. World Malaria Day
- World Malaria Day is an international observance commemorated every year on 25 April and recognizes global efforts to control malaria.
- Globally, 3.3 billion people in 106 countries are at risk of malaria. In 2012, malaria caused an estimated 627,000 deaths, mostly among African children.
- Theme: ‘Zero malaria starts with me’
3. World Intellectual Property Day
- World Intellectual Property Day is observed annually on 26 April.
- The event was established by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in 2000 to “raise awareness of how patents, copyright, trademarks and designs impact on daily life”.
- Theme: ‘Innovate for a Green Future’
- The World Intellectual Property Organization is one of the 15 specialized agencies of the United Nations. WIPO was created in 1967 “to encourage creative activity, to promote the protection of intellectual property throughout the world”.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland || CEO: Francis Gurry
1. Usha Ganguly passes away
- Eminent theatre personality Usha Ganguly has passed away.
- Usha Ganguly was an Indian theatre director-actor and activist, most known for her work in Hindi theatre in Kolkata in the 1970s and 1980s. She founded Rangakarmee theatre group in 1976, known for its productions like Mahabhoj, Rudali, Court Martial, and Antaryatra.
Agreements and MoUs
1. Tamil Nadu Government with HCL
- HCL will offer tech support to Tamil Nadu Government in tackling Covid-19 by setting up a Disaster Management-Data Analytics Centre.
- HCL: Headquarters: Noida. || CEO: C Vijayakumar, Roshni Nadar
1. The final of Banter Blitz Cup (Chess)
- Alireza Firouzja of Iran has defeated Magnus Carlsen in final of Banter Blitz Cup.
- Magnus Carlsen is a Norwegian chess grandmaster who is the current World Chess Champion, World Rapid Chess Champion and World Blitz Chess Champion. Carlsen first reached the top of the FIDE world rankings in 2010, and trails only Garry Kasparov in time spent as the highest rated player in the world.