Daily Current Affairs 25 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Asaram sentenced to life imprisonment
- He was convicted of raping a minor girl in his ashram in 2013.
- He built an empire worth Rs.10,000 cr in 4 decades.
2. Gujarat farmers seek Right to die
- This comes as the state govt and Gujarat Power Corporation Limited are trying to acquire their land forcibly.
- In their letter to PM, they have asked the Army to kill them.
3. 37 Naxals encountered in Maharashtra
- The Naxals were gunned down in 2 separate encounters.
- The encounter broke out after a police team was fired upon.
4. 8 fake universities in Delhi
- UGC identified 24 fake and unrecognized universities across India.
- The universities include United Nations University, Raja Arabic University etc., and are not permitted to award any degrees.
1. Transnational bus launched
- The trial service will ply between Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and India.
- The journey started from Dhaka will 49 delegates including 12 from India.
2. US, France make a nuclear deal with Iran
- The deal will include Iran’s ballistic missile programme.
- It will also cover Iran’s influence in the Middle East.
3. Standoff due to lack of mutual trust : China
- China said that the 72 day Doklam standoff happened due to lack of mutual trust between India and China.
- This comes ahead of PM’s summit with China Prez.
4. Oil well fire in Indonesia
- 10 people were killed and 40 were injured in Aceh.
- The oil well overflowed and residents gathered to collect the oil.
1. Raw jute price hiked
- The govt hiked from Rs.200 to Rs.3,700 per quintal for 2018-19.
- This would benefit farmers in West Bengal, Assam and Bihar.
2. Bharti Infratel to merge with Indus Towers
- The merger will be a $14.6 bn company.
- The combined company will be controlled by both Airtel and Vodafone.
3. H1B approvals for Indians fell 43%
- Top 7 Indian IT companies saw a fall of 43% in last 2 years.
- TCS received around 2300 approvals in 207, registering a drop of 50%.
4. Airtel profits fall 78%
- The company’s profit for March quarter is Rs.83 cr.
- Revenue also fell by 10.5% to Rs.19,500 cr.
1. Gambhir steps down as the captain of Delhi Daredevils
- Gautam Gambhir took this step after DD lost 5 matches out of 6.
- Shreyas Iyer will take up the captaincy of DD.
2. Morocco allowed to bid for WC
- Morocco’s bid to host 2026 World Cup to reach final vote.
- There is already a 3-nation bid from North America.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,25 April
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15