Daily Current Affairs 25 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. DGFT’s ban on Chinese milk and milk products
- The Directorate-General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) has further extended the import ban on Chinese milk and milk products.
- It was recommended by Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
- In 2008, Milk and Infant formula products along with other food materials were found contaminated with melamine in China.
- The Directorate General of Foreign Trade is the agency of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry of the Government of India responsible for administering laws regarding foreign trade and foreign investment in India.
2. Puranik Yogendra in Japan
- Puranik Yogendra has become first Indian-origin person to win an election in Japan.
- He is elected to Tokyo’s Edogawa Ward assembly.
- Japan :- Emperor: Akihito || Capital: Tokyo || Currency: Japanese yen
3. Garia Festival
- Garia Festival has started for the Tripuri Tribal Community in Tripura.
- It is a three day festival to honour the deity Baba Garia and it is held annually on the first day of Hindu calender month of ‘Vaisakh’.
- Capital: Agartala || Governor: Kaptan Singh Solanki || Chief minister: Biplab Kumar Deb
4. Uday Kumar Varma resigns
- Uday Kumar Varma has resigned as the Secretary-General of ‘Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry’ (Assocham).
- The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India is one of the apex trade associations of India. The organisation represents the interests of trade and commerce in India, and acts as an interface between issues and initiatives.
- Founded: 1921 || Key person: B K Goenka || Headquarters: New Delhi, India || Type of business: Non-Governmental Organisation, Trade Association
1. World Day for Animals in Laboratories
- World Day For Animals In Laboratories (also known as World Lab Animal Day was observed on 24th April.
- It was established in 1979 by the British National Anti-Vivisection Society.
2. Commemorative Stamp on Ramayana
- Indonesian Government has released a Special Commemorative Stamp on the theme of Ramayana.
- It is done to mark the 70th anniversary of the establishment of Diplomatic Ties between India and Indonesia.
- Official languages: Indonesian, Malay || Capital: Jakarta || Currency: Indonesian rupiah
3. ‘Trump Town’ in Golan Heights
- Israeli Government will name a new community ‘Trump Town’ in ‘Golan Heights’ after Donald Trump had officially recognised the disputed area (Golan Heights) as Israeli territory.
- It was announced by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Israel captured the Golan from Syria in a 1967 war.
- Israel :- Prime minister: Benjamin Netanyahu || Capital: Jerusalem || Currency: Israeli new shekel
1. BSE with Network Intelligence
- BSE has signed an MoU with Network Intelligence to provide cybersecurity services to its members.
- The Bombay Stock Exchange is an Indian stock exchange located at Dalal Street, Mumbai. Established in 1875, the BSE is Asia’s first stock exchange. The BSE is the world’s 10th largest stock exchange with an overall market capitalization of more than $4.9 trillion on as of April 2018.
- No. of listings: 5439 || Founded: 9 July 1875 || Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India || Key people: S. Ravi; (Chairman); Ashishkumar Chauhan; (MD & CEO)
- The Bombay stock exchange was founded by Premchand Roychand.
2. Radio One FM with HT Media
- HT Media has acquired a 51% stake in ‘Next Mediaworks’, which is the parent of Radio One FM Station (94.3)
- HT Media is an Indian mass media company based in Delhi, India. It has holdings in print, electronic and digital media. It also operates 19 printing facilities across India with an installed capacity of 1.5 million copies per hour.
- CEO: Praveen Someshwar || Headquarters: New Delhi || Parent organization: The Hindustan Times Limited
3. Allahabad Bank’s authorised Capital
- The Government has increased the authorised capital by Rs 5000 crore to Rs 8000 crore in Allahabad Bank.
- Allahabad Bank is a nationalised bank with its headquarters in Kolkata, India. It is the oldest joint stock bank in India. On 24 April 2014, the bank entered into its 150th year of establishment. It was founded in Allahabad in 1865.
- Allahabad Bank MD and CEO: SS Mallikarjuna Rao || Headquarters: Kolkata.
4. RBI’s stakes in NHB and NABARD
- RBI has divested its entire stake in National Housing Bank and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development.
- With this divestment, the government now holds 100 percent stake in both these financial institutions.
- National Housing Bank, a Government of India owned entity, was set up on 9 July 1988 under the National Housing Bank Act, 1987. NHB is an apex financial institution for housing.
- NHB :- Founded: 9 July 1988 || Sector: Bank || Headquarters: New Delhi || Agency executive: Shri Sriram Kalyanaraman (Managing Director)
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development is an apex development financial institution in India, headquartered at Mumbai with regional offices all over India.
1. Asian Wrestling Championship
- Wrestler Bajrang Punia has won Gold Medal in 65kg men’s freestyle Event at Asian Wrestling Championship in Xian, China.
- He defeated Sayatbek Okassov of Kazakhstan.
2. Best Sportsperson Award
- Cricketer Jhulan Goswami was conferred the Best Sportsperson award at the Calcutta Sports Journalists’ Club.
- Jhulan Goswami is an all-round cricketer and former captain of India national women’s cricket team. In August 2018, she announced her retirement from WT20Is. An integral part of the team, Goswami is noted for both her batting and bowling capabilities. She has a Test bowling average of less than 20.
3. The 23rd Asian athletics championships
- Asian Games champion Swapna Barman won Women’s Heptathlon Silver at 23rd Asian athletics championships at the Khalifa International Stadium in Doha, Qatar.
- The 23rd Asian athletics championships has concluded at the Khalifa International Stadium in Doha, Qatar.
- India is at 4th position with 3 Gold, 7 Silver, 7 Bronze Medals.
- Bahrain has topped the chart with 11 Gold Medals.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30