Daily Current Affairs 25 August 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25 August 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25 August 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25 August 2019 Current affairs test.
1. FSSAI’s National Food Laboratory
- Health Minister Harsh Vardhan has inaugurated FSSAI’s National Food Laboratory in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
- FSSAI is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety.
- Headquarter: New Delhi.
2. Postal stamp of Bandra station
- Shah Rukh Khan has launched Heritage Postal Stamp of Bandra station.
- A postage stamp is a small piece of paper issued by a post office, postal administration, or other authorized vendors to customers who pay postage, who then affix the stamp to the face or address-side of any item of mail—an envelope or other postal cover —that they wish to send.
3. Bharatcraft Portal
- Bharatcraft Portal will provide a platform for MSMEs to markets and sell their products.
- Government has set a target to increase the contribution of MSMEs in the manufacturing sector to 50% in the next five years.
4. FASTag Mandatory
- FASTags will become mandatory for all vehicles from December 2019.
- FASTag is an electronic toll collection system in India, operated by the National Highway Authority of India. It employs Radio Frequency Identification technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid or savings account linked to it or directly toll owner.
- Radio-frequency identification uses electromagnetic fields to automatically identify and track tags attached to objects. The tags contain electronically stored information. Passive tags collect energy from a nearby RFID reader’s interrogating radio waves.
1. Forbes highest-paid actresses list
- 1. Scarlett Johansson – $56 million
- 2. Sofia Vergara – $44.1 million
- 3. Reese Witherspoon – $35 million
2. World’s first Floating Nuclear Reactor
- Akademik Lomonosov is the world’s first floating nuclear power plant is currently being built at the Baltiysky Zavod shipyard in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
- Floating nuclear power stations are vessels designed by Rosatom.
- They are self-contained, low-capacity, floating nuclear power plants. The stations are to be mass-produced at shipbuilding facilities and then towed to the destination ports of the cities and towns experiencing deficit of power due to industrialization.
3. The King Hamad Order of the Renaissance
- PM Modi was conferred ‘The King Hamad Order of the Renaissance’ by the King of Bahrain.
- Bahrain: Capital: Manama || Currency: Bahraini dinar
4. Russia’s first Humanoid Robot in space
- Russia has sent its first Humanoid Robot Fedor into space.
- Russia: Capital: Moscow || Currency: Russian ruble || President: Vladimir Putin
1. RuPay card in UAE
- PM Modi has has launched RuPay card in UAE
- This makes UAE the first country in the Middle East to initiate RuPay.
- UAE: Currency of UAE: Dirham || Capital: Abu Dhabi
2. ‘World’s Best Bank’ by Euromoney Magazine
- DBS was named ‘World’s Best Bank’ by financial publication ‘Euromoney’.
- DBS Bank is a multinational banking and financial services corporation headquartered in Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 3 Marina Bay, Singapore.
- The company was known as The Development Bank of Singapore Limited, before the present name was adopted in July 2003 to reflect its changing role as a regional bank.
- Headquarters: Singapore || CEO: Piyush Gupta
- Euromoney is an English-language monthly magazine focused on business and finance. First published in 1969, it is the flagship production of Euromoney Institutional Investor plc.
3. India’s GDP Growth Forecast by Moody’s
- Moody’s has cut India’s GDP Growth Forecast to 6.2% for 2019 from 6.8%.
- Moody’s Corporation, often referred to as Moody’s, is an American business and financial services company. It is the holding company for Moody’s Investors Service, an American credit rating agency, and Moody’s Analytics, an American provider of financial analysis software and services.
- CEO: Raymond W. McDaniel Jr
4. Aadhaar Seva Kendra
- 5th UIDAI Aadhaar Seva Kendra has become operational in Hisar, Haryana.
- The UIDAI had operationalised the first ‘Aadhaar Seva Kendra’ in Delhi and Vijayawada
- These Aadhaar centres, meant to facilitate enrolment, updation and other activities, will be UIDAI’s own and operate in addition to thousands of centres, currently being run by banks and post offices.
1. Durand Cup
- Champions: Gokulam Kerala
- Runners-up: Mohun Bagan
- Top goal scorer: Marcus Joseph of Gokulam Kerala
2. 2019 BWF World Championships
- The Total 2019 BWF World Championships is a badminton tournament which is held from 19 to 25 August at St. Jakobshalle in Basel, Switzerland.
- Men’s singles: Gold: Kento Momota of Japan || Silver: Anders Antonsen of Denmark || Bronze : B. Sai Praneeth (India) and Kantaphon Wangcharoen (Thailand).
- Women’s singles: Gold: P. V. Sindhu of India || Silver: Nozomi Okuhara of Japan || Bronze: Ratchanok Intanon of Thailand and Chen Yufei of China.
3. World Archery Youth Championships
- World Archery Youth Championships was held in Madrid, Spain.
- Komalika Bari of India has become recurve cadet world champion at World Archery Youth Championships in Madrid.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22
- Daily Current Affairs: August 23
- Daily Current Affairs: August 24
- Daily Current Affairs: August 25
- Daily Current Affairs: August 26
- Daily Current Affairs: August 27
- Daily Current Affairs: August 28
- Daily Current Affairs: August 29
- Daily Current Affairs: August 30
- Daily Current Affairs: August 31