Daily Current Affairs 25 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. US Secretary of State in India
- US Secretary of State ‘Mike Pompeo’ has arrived in India for Indo-US Dialogue.
- The secretary of state is a senior official of the federal government of the United States of America, and as head of the United States Department of State, is principally concerned with foreign policy and is considered to be the U.S. government’s equivalent of a minister for foreign affairs.
- First holder of secretary of state: Thomas Jefferson
2. The Emergency
- In India, “the Emergency” refers to a 19-month period from 1975 to 1977 when Prime Minister Indira Gandhi had a state of emergency declared across the country.
- Dates: 25 Jun 1975 – 21 Mar 1977
3. NITI Aayog’s Health Index
- 1. Kerala
- 2. Andhra Pradesh
- 3. Maharashtra
- In terms of incremental performance Haryana has topped the charts.
1. Day of the Seafarer
- The annual Day of the Seafarer is celebrated on 25 June.
- Seafarer means ‘person who travels by sea’.
- Theme :- ‘I Am On Board with gender equality’.
2. New Director General of Food and Agriculture Organization
- Qu Dongyu of China has elected as new Director General of Food and Agriculture Organization.
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Serving both developed and developing countries, FAO acts as a neutral forum where all nations meet as equals to negotiate arguments and debate policy.
- Headquarters: Rome, Italy || Founded: 16 October 1945, Quebec City, Canada || Formation: 16 October 1945 || Parent organization: United Nations Economic and Social Council
3. 2019 Shanghai International Film Festival
- 2019 Shanghai International Film Festival has concluded in Shanghai, China.
- Veyil Marangal (Trees Under the Sun) has become first film from India to won ‘Outstanding Artistic Achievement’ award.
1. New Chief of the Indian Coast Guard
- K Natarajan has been appointed as new Chief of Indian Coast Guard replacing Rajendra Singh.
- The Indian Coast Guard is an armed force that protects India’s maritime interests and enforces maritime law, with jurisdiction over the territorial waters of India, including its contiguous zone and exclusive economic zone.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
2. World Bank with Jharkhand
- World Bank has approved $147 Million Loan to Jharkhand Government.
- The Loan Amount will be invested in urban services such as water supply, sewerage, drainage and urban road.
- The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides interest-free loans and grants to the governments of poorer countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projects.
- World Bank Headquarters: Washington DC || Established: 1944 || President: David Malpass.
3. Maruti Suzuki with Bank of Baroda
- Maruti Suzuki has inked an MoU with Bank of Baroda to improve credit for dealership inventory financing.
- Maruti Suzuki India Limited, formerly known as Maruti Udyog Limited, is an automobile manufacturer in India. It is a 56.21% owned subsidiary of the Japanese car and motorcycle manufacturer Suzuki Motor Corporation. As of July 2018, it had a market share of 53% of the Indian passenger car market.
- CEO: Kenichi Ayukawa || Headquarters: New Delhi
- Bank of Baroda: Headquarters: Alkapuri, Vadodara || CEO: PS Jayakumar || Founded: 20 July 1908.
1. Asian Snooker Championship
- Pankaj Advani has clinched the 35th men’s Asian Snooker Championship in Doha.
- He has become only player to win the Asian and World Championships in all formats.
2. Halle Open Tennis Tournament
- Roger Federer of Serbia defeated David Goffin of Belgium in the final to win the Halle Open.
- The Halle Open is a men’s tennis tournament held in Halle, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. Held since 1993, the event is played on four outdoor grass courts and is a part of the ATP World Tour 500 series on the ATP Tour schedule. It is currently sponsored by Noventi.
3. 1983 Cricket World Cup (On This Day)
- The 1983 Cricket World Cup was the 3rd edition of the Cricket World Cup tournament. It was held from 9 June to 25 June 1983 in England and Wales.
- Runner-up:- West Indies
- It was won by India. Eight countries participated in the event. The 1983 World Cup was full of dramatic cricket all through the tournament.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30