Daily Current Affairs 25 May 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25 May 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25 May 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25 May 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Lt Gen Shailesh Tinaikar
- Lt Gen ShaileshTinaikar has been appointed as new Force Commander of United Nations Mission in South Sudan.
- He was appointed by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.
2. Hurun India Art list
- Sculptor Anish Kapoor has topped the Hurun India Art list.
- The Hurun Research Institute has ranked the top 50 Indian artists alive.
- Sir Anish Mikhail Kapoor, CBE, RA, Kt is a British sculptor. Born in Bombay, Kapoor has lived and worked in London since the early 1970s when he moved to study art, first at the Hornsey College of Art and later at the Chelsea School of Art and Design.
3. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister
- YSRCP chief Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy will take oath as Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister on May 30.
- YSRC (YuvajanaSramikaRythu Congress) party is the winning party in Andhra Pradesh with 151 seats.
1. Towel Day
- Towel Day is celebrated every year on 25 May as a tribute to the author Douglas Adams by his fans.
- On this day, fans openly carry a towel with them, as described in Adams’ The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, to demonstrate their appreciation for the books and the author.
2. Seizure of Greenpeace’s Arctic Sunrise ship
- Netherlands and Russia have settled a long-running dispute over the seizure of Greenpeace’s Arctic Sunrise ship.
- Russia is expected to pay 2.7 million euros in compensation.
- Arctic Sunrise is an ice-strengthened vessel operated by Greenpeace. The vessel was built in 1975 and has a gross tonnage of 949, a length of 50.5 metres and a maximum speed of 13 knots.
3. International Missing Children’s Day
- International Missing Children’s Day is celebrated on May 25, the same day as the United States’ National Missing Children’s Day designated by Ronald Reagan in 1983.
- Emblem :- ‘forget-me-not flower’
4. High Commissioner of India to the Kingdom of Eswatini
- Radha Venkataraman has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Kingdom of Eswatini.
- Kingdom of Eswatini:- Capital: Mbabane(Executive), Lobamba (Legislative) || Currency: South African Rand, Swazi lilangeni (SZL)
1. OECD cuts global growth forecast
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development has reduced the global growth forecast to 3.2% from earlier 3.3%.
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development is an intergovernmental economic organisation with 36 member countries, founded in 1961 to stimulate economic progress and world trade.
- Founded: 30 September 1961 || Headquarters: Paris, France || Abbreviation: OECD; OCDE || Secretary-General: José Ángel Gurría
- Formation: 16 April 1948; 70 years ago (as the OEEC)a; Reformed in September 1961 (as OECD)
2. Indra Nooyi with Yale University
- Indra Nooyi was awarded with the Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters by Yale University.
- Indra Nooyi is a Former PepsiCo Chairman and CEO, an Indian American business executive, serving on the board of directors of Amazon, the largest eCommerce business in the world by net revenue
- PepsiCo, Inc. is an American multinational food, snack, and beverage corporation headquartered in Harrison, New York, in the hamlet of Purchase. PepsiCo has interests in the manufacturing, marketing, and distribution of grain-based snack foods, beverages, and other products.
3. ‘The Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star’ Award
- Former Indian Foreign Secretary Shyam Saran has been awarded ‘The Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star’ Award by Japanese Government.
- The Order of the Rising Sun is a Japanese order, established in 1875 by Emperor Meiji.
- The Order was the first national decoration awarded by the Japanese government, created on 10 April 1875 by decree of the Council of State. The badge features rays of sunlight from the rising sun.
- Shyam Saran is an Indian career diplomat. He joined the Indian Foreign Service in 1970 and rose to become the Foreign Secretary to the Government of India. Prior to his appointment as the Foreign Secretary he served as India’s ambassador to Myanmar, Indonesia and Nepal and as High Commissioner to Mauritius.
4. Booker International Prize
- Oman author Jokha Alharthi has won Booker International Prize.
- It is given for “Celestial Bodies”, the story of three sisters of a desert country confronting its slave-owning past and a complex modern world
- She has become the 1st Arabic author to win the Man Booker International prize.
1. Copa America 2019
- The 46th edition of the men’s football championship will be held in Brazil.
- The tournament will comprise of 12 teams and the final is scheduled to be played on 7th july, 2019.
- Current Holder: Chile || Runner-up: Argentina
2. French Football
- Ligue 1: Winner: Paris Saint-Germain || Runner-up: LOSC
- Coupe de France : Winner: Rennes || Runner-up: Paris Saint-Germain
- Ligue 1, also called Ligue 1 Conforama for sponsorship reasons with Conforama, is a French professional league for men’s association football clubs. At the top of the French football league system, it is the country’s primary football competition.
- The Coupe de France, also known as the Coupe Charles Simon, is the premier knockout cup competition in French football organized by the French Football Federation.
3. DFB-Pokal 2018-19
- Bayern Munich has defeated RB Leipzig in the final of the tournament.
- The DFB-Pokal is a German knockout football cup competition held annually by the DeutscherFußball-Bund. Sixty-four teams participate in the competition, including all clubs from the Bundesliga and the 2. Bundesliga.
- FC Bayern, is a German sports club based in Munich, Bavaria.
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15
- Daily Current Affairs: May 16
- Daily Current Affairs: May 17
- Daily Current Affairs: May 18
- Daily Current Affairs: May 19
- Daily Current Affairs: May 20
- Daily Current Affairs: May 21
- Daily Current Affairs: May 22
- Daily Current Affairs: May 23
- Daily Current Affairs: May 24
- Daily Current Affairs: May 25
- Daily Current Affairs: May 26
- Daily Current Affairs: May 27
- Daily Current Affairs: May 28
- Daily Current Affairs: May 29
- Daily Current Affairs: May 30
- Daily Current Affairs: May 31