Daily Current Affairs 25 October 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25 October 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25 October 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25 October 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Life membership to Abhijit Banerjee
- Mohun Bagan Athletic Club has conferred life membership to Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee.
- Mohun Bagan Athletic Club is a professional football club based in West Bengal, India.
- The club was established on 15 August 1889 by Bhupendra Nath Bose and is one of the oldest existing association football club in India and Asia.The club plays in the I-League under licence from the All India Football Federation.
- Abhijit Vinayak Banerjee is an Indian-American economist, who is the Ford Foundation International Professor of Economics at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
2. Book ‘Ten Studies in Kashmir: History and Politics’
- Book ‘Ten Studies in Kashmir: History and Politics’ is authored by Kashi Nath Pandit.
- K. N. Pandita, also known as Kashi Nath Pandita, is an Indian historian. He was born in Baramulla, Jammu & Kashmir.
- Jammu and Kashmir from the time of its political and geographic consolidation to the abrogation of Article 370.
3. Bharat Ki Laxmi
- Deepika Padukone and PV Sindhu were named the ambassadors for Bharat Ki Laxmi initiative.
- ‘Bharat Ki Laxmi’ is an initiative by PM Modi to celebrate the contribution & accomplishments of women of the nation for the public good.
4. Loni town is India’s most polluted city
- Acc. to the Central Pollution Control Board, Loni rural of Ghaziabad is the most polluted city in India with the Air Quality Index at 358.
- The Central Pollution Control Board of India is a statutory organisation under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change. It was established in 1974 under the Water Act, 1974. The CPCB is also entrusted with the powers and functions under the Air Act, 1981.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || Agency executive: S.P. Singh Parihar (Chairperson), Dr. Prashant Gargava (Member Secretary)
1. 14 Member States to Human Rights Council
- United Nation General Assembly has elected 14 States to the 47 member body of UN Human Rights Council.
- Elected Members: Armenia, Brazil, Germany, Indonesia, Japan, Libya, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Namibia, Netherlands, Poland, Republic of Korea, Sudan and Venezuela.
- The United Nations Human Rights Council is a United Nations body whose mission is to promote and protect human rights around the world.
- The UNHRC has 47 members elected for staggered three-year terms on a regional group basis. The headquarters of UNHRC is in Geneva, Switzerland.
2. World’s loudest bird
- The white bellbird of Amazon Forest is the world’s loudest bird which hits 125.4 decibels.
- A unit used to measure the intensity of a sound or the power level of an electrical signal by comparing it with a given level on a logarithmic scale.
3. International Snow Leopard Day
- International Snow Leopard day is observed annually on October 23.
- It is an annual holiday celebrated in different countries across the world. It is dedicated to saving one of the rarest wild cats on the planet.
4. Global Tuberculosis (TB) Report
- World Health Organisation has released Global Tuberculosis report 2019 edition.
- India reported for 27% of total TB cases around the world.
- The Govt of India plans to end TB completely by 2025
- Eight countries of the world reported for 2/3rd of global TB Cases.
1. Merger of BSNL and MTNL
- Union Cabinet has approved merger of BSNL and MTNL as part of a revival package.
- The revival package includes raising sovereign bonds of Rs 15,000 crore, monetising assets of Rs 38,000 crore and voluntary retirement scheme for employees.
- Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited is a state-owned telecommunications service provider in the metro cities of Mumbai and New Delhi in India and in the island nation of Mauritius in Africa. The company had a monopoly in Mumbai and New Delhi until 1992, when the telecom sector was opened to other service providers.
- MTNL: CEO: Sunil Kumar || Headquarters: New Delhi
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited is an Indian state-owned telecommunications company headquartered in New Delhi.
- CEO: Pravin Kumar Purwar || Headquarters: New Delhi || Founder: Government of India || Subsidiary: BSNL Mobile || Parent organization: Government of India
2. Government e-Marketplace with Federal Bank
- Government e-Marketplace has signed an MoU with Federal Bank for payment related services.
- Federal Bank is a Private Sector, scheduled commercial bank in India, headquartered in Aluva, Kochi. The Bank also has its Representative Offices abroad at Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
- Headquarters: Aluva || CEO: Shyam Srinivasan || Founder: K.P Hormis
- Government e-Marketplace (GeM) is a one stop portal to facilitate online procurement of common use Goods & Services required by various Government Departments / Organizations / PSUs. GeM aims to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement.
3. Vreedhi Financial Services
- Vreedhi Financial Services has received NBFC licence from RBI.
- A non-banking financial institution or non-bank financial company is a financial institution that does not have a full banking license or is not supervised by a national or international banking regulatory agency.
- RBI: Governor: Shaktikanta Das || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata.
4. Vijaya Bank Heritage Museum
- Vijaya Bank Heritage Museum has been inaugurated at Bengaluru which is the headquarters of Vijaya Bank.
- Vijaya Bank was a public sector bank with its corporate office in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. It was one of the nationalised banks in India. The bank offered a wide range of financial products and services to customers through its various delivery channels.
- Headquarters location: Bengaluru || CEO: R. A. Sankara Narayanan || Founder: A. B. Shetty || Founded: 23 October 1931
5. McKinsey’s Global Banking Annual Review 2019
- The Global Banking Annual Review 2019 is released by McKinsey & Company.
- Indian revenue growth in Indian’s banking sector reduced from 22% (2002-07) to 10.3% (2010-18).
- Indian banks experienced a dramatic drop in ‘return on tangible equity’ from 17.7% in 2013 to 2.3% in 2018.
- McKinsey & Company is an American worldwide management consulting firm. McKinsey has published the McKinsey Quarterly since 1964, funds the McKinsey Global Institute research organization, publishes reports on management topics, and has authored influential books on management.
- Headquarters: New York || Founded: 1926 || Key person: Kevin Sneader
6. PayPal with Synchrony
- PayPal Holdings and Synchrony have tied-up to launch co-branded Venmo’s first credit card.
- PayPal: Headquarters: San Jose, California, US || CEO: Dan Schulman
- Synchrony: Headquarters: Stamford, Connecticut, United States || CEO: Margaret Keane
1. Wushu World Championships
- The 15th World Wushu Championships was held in Shanghai.
- Event Men’s sanda 48Kg: Praveen Kumar of India Gold Medal.
- Vikrant Baliyan has won bronze in the men’s 60kg category.
- Poonam in women’s 75kg category and Sanathoi Devi in women’s 52kg category secured silver medals
- WushuSanda, Chinese boxing or Chinese kickboxing, is a Chinese self-defense system and combat sport.
2. Denmark Open 2019
- Danisa Denmark Open 2019 is a Super 750 badminton tournament, was held in Denmark.
- Men’s Singles: Kento Momota (Japan)
- Women’s Singles: Tai Tzu-ying (Taiwan)
3. Abhishek Nayar retires
- Abhishek Nayar has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
- Abhishek Mohan Nayar born 8 October 1983 in Secunderabad, Telangana is an Indian international cricketer. He is an all-rounder who bats left-handed and bowls right-arm medium pace.
4. Forbes list of the highest-paid women athletes for 2019
- PV Sindhu is ranked 13th in Forbes list of the highest-paid women athletes for 2019 with a total earning of $5.5 million.
- 1. Serena Williams (Tennis) with $29.2 million
- 2. Naomi Osaka (Tennis) with $24.3 million
- 3. Angelique Kerber (Tennis) with $11.8 million
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15
- Daily Current Affairs: October 16
- Daily Current Affairs: October 17
- Daily Current Affairs: October 18
- Daily Current Affairs: October 19
- Daily Current Affairs: October 20
- Daily Current Affairs: October 21
- Daily Current Affairs: October 22
- Daily Current Affairs: October 23
- Daily Current Affairs: October 24
- Daily Current Affairs: October 25
- Daily Current Affairs: October 26
- Daily Current Affairs: October 27
- Daily Current Affairs: October 28
- Daily Current Affairs: October 29
- Daily Current Affairs: October 30
- Daily Current Affairs: October 31