Daily Current Affairs 25 August 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25 August 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25 August 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25 August 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Maharashtra launches web portal to help students with competitive exams
- The Maharashtra educational board has launched a web portal with online question banks to help students prepare for competitive exams on their own.
- The portal which can be accessed for free, will function as a substitute for expensive coaching classes.
2. Karnataka signs MoU with Microsoft.
- Karnataka Agriculture Department signed Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Microsoft India to develop a “farm price forecasting model” using latets IT toolsin a bid to help farmers.
- The proposed initiative is the first of its kind in the country as it is a multivariate one that takes into consideration various factors beyond the conventional supply demand equation while forecasting the prices of crops.
3. Dera Chief Ram Rahim convicted of Rape by CBI court.
- A CBI special trial court in Panchkula convicted Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim in a rape case registered in 2002.
- Notably, till now five people were killed in riots after he was convicted of rape by a CBI court.
4. Aadhar Act will pass Privacy tests: UIDAI CEO
- Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) CEO Ajay Bhushan Pandey said that, tax payers will have to link their PAN with Aadhaar by the stipulated deadline, which is this month-end, as the Supreme Court verdict on privacy has no bearing on the requirement.
- He exuded confidence that Aadhaar Act, with its data protection safeguards, will pass the test of privacy being a fundamental right.
1. Samsung heir convicted for corruption, sentenced for 5-year jail term.
- South Korean electronics giant Samsung’s acting chairman Lee Jae-yong was sentenced to a five-year jail term after being found guilty in corruption case.
- He was accused of making large donations to foundations run by impeached President Park Geun-hye’s close friend, in return of political favours.
2. Nuclear capable Russian bombers fly near S Korea, Japan.
- Russia’s Nuclear capable Tupolev-95MS strategic bombers flew over the neutral waters of the Pacific Ocean, the sea of Japan, the Yellow Sea and the East China sea.
- The bombers were escorted by S Korean and Japanese military jets along the route. This comes amid tensions in the Korean Peninsula over N Korea’s missile program.
3. Japan hits new sanctions against N Korea.
- Japan imposed fresh sanctions on North Korea by freezing the assets of Chinese and Namibian firms doing business with the nuclear-armed state.
- The move against a half dozen organizations and a couple of individuals comes days after Washington expanded its own punitive measures against Chinese and Russian firms, as well as people linked to Pyongyang.
1. Nandan Nilekani joined as non-executive chairman of Infosys group.
- Co-founder of Indian software giant Infosys Nandan Nilekani has been appointed as non-executive chairman of Infosys Board.
- This comes after board’s chairman R Seshasayee and co-chairman Ravi Venkatesan submitted their resignations.
2. ’I Do What I Do’ a book by Raghuram Rajan to be publish on 4th September.
- ’Do What I Do: On Reforms, Rhetoric & Resolve’ a book by Former RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan will launch on 4th September, exactly a year after Rajan quit as RBI Governor.
- The book conveys what it was like to be at the helm of RBI in those turbulent but exciting times.
3. Rajiv Bansal appointed as interim Chairman and MD of Air India.
- Rajiv Bansal, Additional Secretary & Financial advisor at Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, has been appointed as the interim Chairman and MD of state air carrier Air India.
- This comes after former Chairman and MD of Air India Ashani Lohani took over as the Railway Board Chairman.
4. Government tweaks norms to boost UDAN scheme.
- The Civil Aviation Ministry on Thursday announced increasing viability gap funding for helicopter operators, diluting exclusivity clause and relaxed other norms to facilitate more participation in its regional connectivity scheme, UDAN.
- The Ministry also abolished the 150-km minimum distance required between two airports to be qualified for operations under the scheme.
1. India defeated Sri Lanka by 3 wickets(D/L method) in 2nd ODI.
- India defeated Sri Lanka by 3 wickets(D/L method) to take a 2-0 lead in the give-match ODI series.
- Sri Lankan spinner Akila Danjaya took six wickets, with India losing seven wickets for 22 runs.
2. Ronaldo named as UEFA’s Best Player of the Year.
- Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo has been named as UEFA’s Best Player of the Year for the 3rd time.
- The 32-year old was the top scorer in last season’s UEFA champions league, which was won by Real Madrid.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22
- Daily Current Affairs: August 23
- Daily Current Affairs: August 24
- Daily Current Affairs: August 25
- Daily Current Affairs: August 26
- Daily Current Affairs: August 27
- Daily Current Affairs: August 28
- Daily Current Affairs: August 29
- Daily Current Affairs: August 30