Daily Current Affairs 25 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try
25 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. UDAN for International Routes
- Now UDAN programme will be available to international circuits,Govt. has drafted the Schematic plan.
- UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik) is a regional airport development and “Regional Connectivity Scheme” (RCS) of Government of India, with the objective of “Let the common citizen of the country fly”, aimed at making air travel affordable and widespread
2. Assocham Secretary General
- Assocham has appointed Uday Kumar Varma as New Secretary General.
- He will replace DS Rawat.
3. Thematic reports on Indian Himalayan Region
- NITI Aayog has released five thematic reports on Sustainable Development for Himalayan Region in India.
- NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman- Rajiv Kumar, CEO- Amitabh Kant.
1. NASA’s virtual reality apps
- NASA Selfies app:- A Selfie App for the users.
- NASA’s Exoplanet:-A virtual guided tour App.
2. New Prime Minister of Australia
- Scott Morrison elected as the new Prime Minister of Australia.
- He will replace Malcolm Turnbull.
3. Mountain Echoes Literature Festival
- The 9th Mountain Echoes Literature Festival 2018 has started in Thimphu, Bhutan
- The aim is to have a platform for knowledge sharing which leads to global cultural potpourri of ideas.
1. 2Gud-A portal for Refurbished Goods
- Flipkart launched a portal ‘2Gud‘ for refurbished goods.
- It will offer refurbished electronic Gadgets and Accessories along with a 3-12 month warranty.
2. World’s 1st Blockchain Bond
- The World Bank launched ‘bond-i’.It is World’s 1st Blockchain Bond.
- It will work on distributed ledger technology.
3. Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank has launched an overdraft facility for MSE.
- Samit Ghosh is the MD and CEO of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Ltd.
1. Kho-Kho gets its International Recognition
- Kho-Kho will be as a demonstrated sport in the Asian Indoor Games.
- There might be a possibility to be included in the next Asian Games.
2. Asian Games 2018
- Saurav Ghosal and Joshna Chinappa won bronze in men’s and women’s singles squash respectively.
- Sprinter Dutee Chand qualifies for Women’s 100m semi-final with a timing of 11.38.
3. ISL 2018-19
- ATK and Kerala Blaster will start the campaign.
- The 2018–19 Indian Super League season will be the fifth season of the Indian Super League, one of the top Indian professional football leagues, since its establishment in 2014.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15