Daily Current Affairs 25 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Mumbai got India’s first ever AC suburban local train.
- The first service of 12-coach EMU will commence between Borivali and Churchgate.
- This will be the first train with automatic doors in the suburban system. The services of AC local trains will replace existing 12 AC services.
2.PM Modi to attend WEF Davos.
- PM Narendra Modi is set to become the first Indian Prime Minister to attend the World Economic Forum to be held in 20 years.
- Officials also said that PM Modi will be the first PM to be treated like the chief guest at the event.
3.World’s biggest sand Santa Claus made at Odisha.
- Sudarshan Patnaik, a renowned sand artist, has created ‘world’s biggest’ sand Santa Claus face on Puri beach in Odisha.
- 25 feet high and 50 feet wide sand sculpture has secured place in the Limca Book of World Record.
4.Runway specific fog forecast to be done for Delhi airport this winter.
- The Met department will issue a runway-wise fog forecast for the Delhi airport, allowing airlines and airport operator to be better prepared for low-visibility operations.
- The radiometer-based fog monitoring system will help give runway visibility every 10 seconds.
1.US hails UN’s budget cut, of $285 million, in right direction.
- The US has applauded a reduction of over Rs.1,800 crore in UN’s operational budget for 2018-19 as a “big step in right direction”.
- The US said, ”We will no longer let the generosity of the American people be taken advantage of or remain unchecked”, adding that overspending and inefficiency at the world body were well known. US is far the largest contributor.
2.Guatemala set to move embassy to Jerusalem after recognition of US.
- Guatemala to become the first country to follow US’ recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
- This Central American country was among the 9 countries which voted in the favour of US’ recognition.
3.Pak has granted India “consular access”.
- Pakistan has granted India “consular access” to former Indian Navy officer Kulbhushan Jadhav. This comes after Pak allowed India’s Deputy High Commissioner to accompany Jadhav’s mother and wife to meet him.
- India has denied the claim, saying allowing a diplomat to meet him can’t be termed as ‘consular access’. Pakistan has denied consular access over 20 times.
4.India, a close friend and ally: Maldives President.
- Maldives’ president Abdulla Yameen Gayoom said that India’s assistance forms an invaluable contribution to the Maldives, he appealed for restraint in criticism and negative sentiments towards India.
- He further said that his administration is working towards a Maldives-India free trade agreement.
1.Honda planning to set up electric car battery plant in India.
- Honda Motor is planning to set up a lithium-ion battery manufacturing unit in India with the main aim to move only potential electric vehicles on roads by 2030.
- The company is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, under the global agreement on climate change.
2.India witnessed impressive reforms: IMF Chief Economist.
- IMF Chief Economist has said that India has witnessed impressive reforms like GST, recapitalization plan and improvement in ease of doing business rankings.
- He also said that there is still scope for simplifying GST structure to make it more effective.
3.Capital expenditure rose by 30.3% between Apr-Oct 2017 since last year.
- Almost 70% of the ministries have spent over 50% of their budget estimates in the first seven months of the fiscal 2017-18.
- During Apr-Oct this year, total central government expenditure stood at 60% of the budget estimates. This was the highest share spend over five years.
4.Bad loans of Public Sector Banks(PSBs) at Rs.7.34 lakh crores.
- Private Sector Banks Non Performing Assets(NPAs) were considerably low.
- SBI had highest level of NPAs followed by Punjab National Bank and Bank of India.
1.Israel barred from taking part in Chess championship.
- Saudi Arabia has denied visas to Israeli players who were going to participate in an international speed chess championship, World Chess Federation(FIDE) said.
- FIDE has said it was undertaking a “huge effort” to ensure all players were granted visas.
2.India won 3 golds in a boxing tournament in Kazakhstan.
- The Indian boxing contingent claimed 3 gold, a silver and a bronze medal at the Galym Zharylgapov Boxing Tournament in Karaganda, Kazakhstan.
- K Shyam Kumar, Naman Tanwar and Satish Kumar claimed gold medals.
3.Sundar became the youngest T20I debutant for India.
- Spinner Washington Sundar became the youngest debutant for India in T20Is after appearing in the final T20I against Sri Lanka.
- Sundar played his debut match is of 18 years and 80 days.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15
- Daily Current Affairs: December 16
- Daily Current Affairs: December 17
- Daily Current Affairs: December 18
- Daily Current Affairs: December 19
- Daily Current Affairs: December 20
- Daily Current Affairs: December 21
- Daily Current Affairs: December 22
- Daily Current Affairs: December 23
- Daily Current Affairs: December 24
- Daily Current Affairs: December 25