Daily Current Affairs 25 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Good Governance Day (Date: 25 December)
- Good Governance Day is observed in India annually on 25th December, the birth anniversary of former-Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Good Governance Day was established in 2014 to honour Prime Minister Vajpayee by fostering awareness among the Indian people of accountability in government.
2. Best Performing States Under PMMVY
- Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh are the top performing states under the maternity benefit programme Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana.
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana, previously Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojana, is a maternity benefit program run by the government of India. It was introduced in 2016 and is implemented by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
3. National Farmers’ Day
- Kisan Diwas, the National Farmers’ Day is a national occasion observed on 23rd December every year. National Farmer’s Day is celebrated in the honour of the former Prime Minister of India Chaudhary Charan Singh.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh served as the 5th Prime Minister of India between 28 July 1979 and 14 January 1980. Historians and people alike frequently refer to him as the ‘champion of India’s peasants.’
4. Odisha’s Paika rebellion
- PM Modi has released a stamp and a coin to commemorate the Paika rebellion of 1817 in Odisha.
- The Paik Rebellion(First war of Independence against the British), also called the Paika Bidroha, was an armed rebellion against the British East India Company’s rule in Odisha in 1817.
5. The Manipur Protection from Mob Violence Bill, 2018
- Manipur Assembly has passes Anti-mob Violence Bill.
- Acc. to Bill, life imprisonment for those involved in mob violence which results in the death of a person.
1. ‘Hand-in-Hand’ Military Exercise
- ‘Hand-in-Hand’ Military Exercise between India and China has been concluded in Chengdu city, China.
- It was the 7th Edition of the Exercise and it did not take place last year due to military standoff at Doklam.
2. Patrick Shanahan as the acting Defence Secretary
- Donald Trump has appointed Patrick Shanahan(Deputy Defence Secretary ) as the acting Defence Secretary.
- He will replace Jim Mattis.
3. World’s smallest tic-tac-toe game board
- Scientists from California Institute of Technology have created the world’s smallest tic-tac-toe board using dynamic DNA origami tiles.
- Deoxyribonucleic acid is a molecule composed of two chains that coil around each other to form a double helix carrying the genetic instructions used in the growth, development, functioning and reproduction of all known living organisms and many viruses.
1. Special RUPay card for Kumbh Mela
- PNB with Uttar Pradesh Govt. has launched a ‘PNB Rupay card’ for Kumbh Mela 2019.
- Punjab National Bank is an Indian multinational banking and financial services company. It is a state-owned corporation based in New Delhi, India. The bank was founded in 1894.
2. National Consumers’ Right Day
- National Consumer Rights Day is observed every year in India on December 24, since the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 has been enacted on the same day in 1986 by the Consumer Protection and Action Committee (CPAC).
- Theme:- ‘Timely Disposal of Consumer Complaints’
3. India’s First Music Museum
- India’s first music museum will be set up in Thiruvaiyaru, Tamil Nadu.
- Thiruvaiyaru is a panchayat town in Thanjavur District in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Thiruvaiyaru is situated on the banks of the river Kaveri, 11 km from Thanjavur. Thiruvaaiyaru has an old Siva temple dedicated to Panchanatheeswar.
- It is the birth place of Saint Tyagaraja who was a renowned composer of Carnatic music, a form of Indian classical music. He was prolific and highly influential in the development of the classical music tradition.
- Tyagaraja Aradhana is the annual aradhana of Telugu saint composer Tyagaraja. The festival is observed in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu, primarily in Tiruvaiyaru, the place where Tyagaraja attained Samadhi.
4. National Energy Conservation awards 2018
- The Indian Railways has won 17 awards at the ‘National Energy Conservation awards 2018’ ceremony in New Delhi.
- It was presented by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE).
- The Bureau of Energy Efficiency is an agency of the Government of India, under the Ministry of Power created in March 2002 under the provisions of the nation’s 2001 Energy Conservation Act. The agency’s function is to develop programs which will increase the conservation and efficient use of energy in India.
1. 2019 South Asian Games
- The 2019 South Asian Games, officially the XIII South Asian Games, is a major multi-sport event which will take place in 9–18 March 2019 in Kathmandu and Pokhara, Nepal.
- The South Asian Games are a biennial multi-sport event held among the athletes from South Asia. The governing body of these games is South Asia Olympic Council, formed in 1983. At present, SAG are joined by eight members namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
2. New President of Archery Association of India
- BVP Rao has been elected as president of Archery Association of India.
- Archery Association of India is the national governing body of archery in India. Its headquarters are located in New Delhi, and its current president is Vijay Kumar Malhotra.
3. South Asian Fencing Championship 2019
- The first South Asian Fencing Championship 2019 will be held in Chhattisgarh.
- Acc. to South Asian Fencing Federation, It is decided to conduct the South Asian Fencing Championship every year.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,25 December
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15
- Daily Current Affairs: December 16
- Daily Current Affairs: December 17
- Daily Current Affairs: December 18
- Daily Current Affairs: December 19
- Daily Current Affairs: December 20
- Daily Current Affairs: December 21
- Daily Current Affairs: December 22
- Daily Current Affairs: December 23
- Daily Current Affairs: December 24
- Daily Current Affairs: December 25