Daily Current Affairs 25 February 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25 February 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25 February 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25 February 2018 Current affairs test.
1.NCERT syllabus to be reduced to half from 2019.
- Prakash Javadekar, Union Human Resources Development Minister, said NCERT syllabus will be reduced to half from the 2019 academic session.
- This move is aimed at ensuring that students get time to pursue other activities for their all-round development.
2.Marriage is not a contract for legal sexual pleasure: Delhi Court.
- A family court in Delhi recently dismissed a man’s divorce plea, saying he cannot take advantage of his own wrongs, as he committed extreme acts of sexual abuse and domestic violence on his wife.
- The court observed that sexual intimacy is a key component in a lawful marriage, but marriage is not a contract for legal sexual gratification.
3.More emphasis on waste to wealth and waste to energy: PM Modi.
- PM Modi said that this year’s budget emphasizes on waste to wealth and waste to energy using biogas for villages during ‘Mann ki Baat’.
- He also praised Chhattisgarh’s ‘garbage festival’ which aimed to encourage creative use of garbage.
4.IndiGo to shift flights to Delhi airport’s T2 after SC order.
- Complying to the order of SC, IndiGo will shift some of its flights from Delhi airport’s Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 in the coming weeks.
- The statement came after the apex court rejected IndiGo’s plea challenging a Delhi Court order.
1.N Korea is willing to talk to US: S Korea.
- S Korea said that N Korea is willing to talk to the US amid the ongoing tensions between the two nations.
- This comes after the US announced the ‘largest-ever’ sanctions on N Korea over its nuclear and ballistic missile programme.
2.Philippine President demands raise in salary.
- Arguing that his salary was not enough, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte said that he should be paid more because he has two wives.
- Adding that he gets tired by ‘flying and saluting’, Duterte said, ‘You know how much I earn?…My ideal salary, if would estimate it, I should be getting one million, five hundred.’
3.30-day ceasefire in Syria after 500 people killed last week.
- The United Nations Security Council unanimously approved a 30-day ceasefire resolution in Syria to allow for humanitarian aid deliveries and medical evacuations.
- The resolution comes after week-long airstrikes and bombings that killed over 500 people in the country’s Eastern Ghouta enclave.
4.Children forced to rape for survival in South Sudan war: UN.
- The UN Human Rights Commission has said that the children in South Sudan are forced to rape their relatives as well as watch them murdered in order to remain alive.
- The commission added that civilians has had their eyes gouged out, throats slit or were castrated.
1.SBI has the highest amount of wilful defaulters.
- India’s largest lender SBI has the highest amount of wilful defaults amounting to Rs.27,716 crore till December 2017.
- PNB has wilful defaults of Rs.12,754 crore while Bank of India has 314 wilful defaulters who owe Rs.6,104 crore to the bank.
2.Arun Jaitley rules out privatisation of state-owned banks.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has ruled out privatisation of public sector banks as a response to the PNB fraud.
- He said, “It is very challenging to privatise state-run banks as it requires an amendment to the law and involves large political consensus.”
3.Banks told to link SWIFT with CBS after PNB fraud.
- RBI has asked banks to integrate SWIFT interbank messaging system with Core Banking Solution(CBS) by April 30.
- CBS is a software that supports the daily transactions and accounts within a bank internally. SWIFT network is used by financial institutions worldwide to securely transmit information and instructions using a system of codes.
4.Bank frauds affect Ease of Doing Business: Jaitley.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has said that regular occurrence of bank frauds and wilful defaults hamper the efforts for improving ease of doing business.
- He also said that the multiple layers of auditors did a casual job or chose to look the other way, referring to the PNB fraud.
1.Rashid Khan became the number one bowler in ODI and T20I .
- Rashid Khan, Afghanistan’s 19-year-old spinner Rashid Khan, has become the number one bowler in both ODI and T20I cricket.
- New Zealand’s Ish Sodhi is world no. 2 bowler in T20I.
2.Parupalli Kashyap won Austrian Open badminton tournament.
- Parupalli Kashyap beat Malaysia’s June Wei Cheam in straight games in the men’s single final to clinch the Austrian Open International Challenge.
- Kashyap did not drop a single game throughout the tournament.
3.B Kumar records most wickets by an Indian pacer in a T20I series.
- Bhuvaneshwar Kumar took 7 wickets in the three T20I against S Africa to set record for the most wickets by an Indian pacer in a bilateral T20I series.
- Kumar had an average of 9.57 and economy rate of 6.09 in the series.
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14
- Daily Current Affairs: February 15
- Daily Current Affairs: February 16
- Daily Current Affairs: February 17
- Daily Current Affairs: February 18
- Daily Current Affairs: February 19
- Daily Current Affairs: February 20
- Daily Current Affairs: February 21
- Daily Current Affairs: February 22
- Daily Current Affairs: February 23
- Daily Current Affairs: February 24
- Daily Current Affairs: February 25