Daily Current Affairs 25 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Boat Ambulance Service
- The Odisha Govt. has launched the Boat Ambulance Service in remote areas cut off by rivers.
- Odisha (formerly Orissa), an eastern Indian state on the Bay of Bengal, is known for its tribal cultures and its many ancient Hindu temples. The capital, Bhubaneswar, is home to hundreds of temples, notably the intricately-carved Mukteshvara. The Lingaraj Temple complex, dating to the 11th century, is set around sacred Bindusagar Lake. The Odisha State Museum is focused on the area’s history and environment.
2. Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme
- PM Modi has launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme in Gorakhpur, UP.
- This Scheme was announced in the interim Budget this year and will provide Rs 6,000 per year to small and marginal farmer families having combined land holding/ownership of up to 2 hectares.
3. Mukhyamantri Yuva Swabhiman Yojana
- Madhya Pradesh Govt. has launched ‘Mukhyamantri Yuva Swabhiman Yojana’.
- It guarantees 100 days of employment every year to urban youth from economically weaker sections.
4. FICCI CSR Award for Women Empowerment
- Jindal Steel and Power Ltd was conferred with ‘FICCI CSR Award‘ for Women Empowerment.
- FICCI Corporate Social Responsibility Awards are India’s first CSR award, instituted in 1999 by FICCI.
1. World’s Largest Bee
- Wallace’s Giant Bee is a very large Indonesian resin bee. It is the largest known living bee species.
- It was considered to be extinct since 1981 was re-spotted in an Indonesian forest.
2. Saudi Arabia’s first female ambassador
- Saudi Arabia has appointed Princess Reema Bint Bandar as its next ambassador to USA.
- She is Saudi Arabia’s first female ambassador and will replace Prince Khalid bin Salman Al Saud.
3. Oscar’s winners 2019
- ‘Period. End of Sentence.’ (India) has won the Oscar 2019 for Best Documentary Short Category.
- Theme (‘Period. End of Sentence.’) :- Indian women fight the stigma surrounding menstruation and begin manufacturing sanitary pads.
- Best Actress: Olivia Colman of ‘The Favourite’
- Best Actor: Rami Malek of ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
- Best Picture: Green Book
- Best Director: Alfonso Cuaron (Roma)
- Best Foreign Film: Roma (Mexico)
- Best Animated Feature Film: Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse
4. Israel’s 1st Moon lander mission
- SpaceX has deployed Israel’s first Moon lander mission aboard its Falcon 9 rocket.
- The name of mission is ‘Beresheet’ means Hebrew for ‘in the beginning’.
- Space Exploration Technologies Corp., doing business as SpaceX, is a private American aerospace manufacturer and space transportation services company headquartered in Hawthorne, California.
- About SpaceX :- CEO: Elon Musk || Founder: Elon Musk || Founded: 6 May 2002 || Headquarters: Hawthorne, California, United States
- Israel :- Parliament: Knesset || Capital: Jerusalem || Currency: Israeli new shekel
1. NBFC-Investment and Credit Company
- RBI has merged three categories of NBFCs such as ‘Asset Finance’, ‘Loan Companies’ and ‘Investment Companies’ into a new category named NBFC-Investment and Credit Company (NBFC-ICC).
- A Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) is a company registered under the Companies Act, 1956 of India, engaged in the business of loans and advances, acquisition of shares, stock, bonds, hire-purchase insurance business or chit-fund business but does not include any institution whose principal business includes.
2. Atmospheric Water Generator
- 2019 Aero India Event has been concluded in Bangalore.
- Bharat Electronics Ltd has unveiled the Atmospheric Water Generator (AWG) at the Aero India 2019.
3. Swasth Immunised India campaign
- Kareena Kapoor Khan has been appointed as the Ambassador of Swasth Immunised India campaign.
- This Campaign was launched by Serum Institute of India (SII) and Network 18.
4. GST on under construction flats
- GST on under-construction housing properties over Rs 45 lakh is now 5% without input tax credit, from the existing 12%.
- A residential property priced at Rs 45 lakh or below will now be termed as ‘affordable’ and will be taxed at 1%, from the existing 8%.
- The new tax rates will come into effect from April 1, 2019.
1. Guinness World Record for Highest Catch
- Australia Women wicketkeeper Alyssa Healy has set the Guinness World Record for the highest catch of a cricket ball.
- Alyssa Healy, is an Australian cricketer who plays for the Australian women’s national team and New South Wales in domestic cricket. She made her international debut in February 2010.
2. Pro Volleyball League Title
- Chennai Spartans have won the inaugural edition of the Pro Volleyball League defeating Calicut Heroes.
- Chennai Spartans will represent India in Asian Men’s Club Volleyball Championship.
3. ISSF World Cup
- Saurabh Chaudhary has won gold in the men’s 10 metre air pistol category event.
- The ISSF World Cup was introduced by the International Shooting Sport Federation in 1986 to provide a homogeneous system for qualification to the Olympics.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,25 February
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14
- Daily Current Affairs: February 15
- Daily Current Affairs: February 16
- Daily Current Affairs: February 17
- Daily Current Affairs: February 18
- Daily Current Affairs: February 19
- Daily Current Affairs: February 20
- Daily Current Affairs: February 21
- Daily Current Affairs: February 22
- Daily Current Affairs: February 23
- Daily Current Affairs: February 24
- Daily Current Affairs: February 25
- Daily Current Affairs: February 26
- Daily Current Affairs: February 27
- Daily Current Affairs: February 28