Daily Current Affairs 25 January 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25 January 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25 January 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25 January 2019 Current affairs test.
1. National Voters’ Day
- In order to encourage more young voters to take part in the political process, Government of India has decided to celebrate January 25 every year as “National Voters’ Day”. It has been started from January 25, 2011 to mark Commission’s foundation day.
- National Voters Day Theme 2019: “No Voter to be left behind”.
2. Chief Guest at Republic-Day Parade
- South Africa President Cyril Ramaphosa will be Chief Guest at Republic-Day Parade.
- He will be the second President from South Africa after Nelson Mandela as the Chief Guest at the R-Day Parade.
3. Ashoka Chakra to Lance Naik Nazir Ahmad Wani
- Lance Naik Nazir Ahmad Wani will be conferred Ashoka Chakra posthumously.
- He laid down his life during an anti-terror operation at Batagund village in J&K in November 2018.
- The Ashoka Chakra, India’s highest peacetime gallantry medal is a depiction of the dharmachakra; represented with 24 spokes. It is so called because it appears on a number of edicts of Ashoka, most prominent among which is the Lion Capital of Ashoka.
4. The 27th Saraswati Samman
- The 27th Saraswati Samman was conferred upon Gujarati poet Sitanshu Yashaschandra for “Vakhar” (Poetry collection).
- He is the President of Gujarati Sahitya Parishad. He was awarded the Sahitya Akademi Award for Gujarati given by Sahitya Akademi, India’s National Academy of Letters, writer in 1987 for his poetry collection Jatayu. Subsequently, he was awarded the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award by Government of India, in 2006.
1. US-India Business Council with Maharashtra
- Both have signed an agreement to promote Maharashtra as an investment destination for American companies.
- The U.S.-India Business Council was formed in 1975 as a business advocacy organization to enlighten and encourage the private sectors of both India and United States to enhance investment flows.
2. List of top 30 Global Container Ports
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust at 28th position, has become India’s only port to in the List of top 30 Global Container Ports by Lloyds Report.
- It is also known as Nhava Sheva, is the largest container port in India. Located in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, this port on the Arabian Sea is accessed via Thane Creek.Its common name derives from the names of Nhava and Sheva villages that were situated here. This port is also the terminal of Western Dedicated Freight Corridor. Jawaharlal Nehru Port is also commonly referred as JNPT.
3. State Bank of Pakistan with Abu Dhabi Fund for Development
- Both have signed an agreement of $3 billion in bailout package from UAE for Pakistan to achieve financial stability and overcome economic challenges.
- The Abu Dhabi Fund for Development is an foreign aid agency established by the government of Abu Dhabi in 1971. The fund provides concessionary loans to fund economic and social development projects. The fund also invests in order to expand and strengthen the private sector economies of its clients.
- The State Bank of Pakistan is the central bank of Pakistan. While its constitution, as originally laid down in the State Bank of Pakistan Order 1948, remained basically unchanged until January 1, 1974, when the bank was nationalized, the scope of its functions was considerably enlarged. Headquarters: Karachi, Pakistan
4. International Day of Education
- International Day of Education was observed on 24 January for the first time.
- On 3 December 2018, the United Nations General Assembly adopted 24 January as International Day of Education.
1. New Indigo CEO
- Ronojoy Dutta has been appointed CEO of Inter-Globe Aviation, which operates IndiGo.
- IndiGo is a low-cost airline headquartered at Gurgaon, Haryana, India. It is the largest airline in India by passengers carried and fleet size, with a 41.3% domestic market share as of June 2018.
2. Yes Bank MD and CEO
- RBI has approved the appointment of Ravneet Singh Gill as the MD and CEO of Yes Bank.
- He will replace Rana Kapoor.
- Yes Bank Limited is India’s fourth largest private sector bank, founded by Rana Kapoor and Ashok Kapur in 2004. It primarily operates as a corporate bank, with retail banking and asset management as subsidiary functions.
3. Goods and Services Tax Appellate Tribunal
- Govt. has approved the creation of National Bench of the Goods and Services Tax Appellate Tribunal (GSTAT).
- It will be presided over by a President with one technical member from the Centre and states.
- India’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C44) successfully injected Microsat-R and Kalamsat-V2 satellites into their designated orbits.
- ‘Kalamsat-V2’ is World’s lightest satellite. Kalamsat-V2 was made by students belonging to Space Kidz India, a Chennai-based space education firm.
5. India Skills Report 2019
- List of states with the Highest Employability
- 1 :- Andhra Pradesh
- 2 :- Rajasthan
- 3 :- Haryana
- India Skills Report 2019 is compiled by Wheebox(Talent Assessment Company), PeopleStrong (HR Tech Company) and Confederation of Indian Industry and with the support from UNDP, AICTE and Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- B.Tech / B.E’s employability :- 63.11%.
- MBA and polytechnic’s employability is between 47.18% and 45.90%.
1. Meyton Cup
- Shooter Apurvi Chandela from India has won gold in the women’s 10 metre Air Rifle event.
- Meyton Cup is a European Shooting Event which is being organised in Innsbruck, Austria.
2. Johan Botha has retired
- South Africa all-rounder Johan Botha has announced retirement from all forms of cricket.
- President: Cyril Ramaphosa || Capitals: Cape Town, Pretoria, Bloemfontein || Currency: South African rand
3. 2019 AFC Asian Cup
- Iran and Japan are in semi-finals.
- Almoez Ali from Qatar is the Top Goal Scorer of the Tournament.
- The 2019 AFC Asian Cup is the 17th edition of the AFC Asian Cup, the quadrennial international men’s football championship of Asia organised by the Asian Football Confederation. It is being held in the United Arab Emirates from 5 January to 1 February 2019.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,25 January
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12
- Daily Current Affairs: January 13
- Daily Current Affairs: January 14
- Daily Current Affairs: January 15
- Daily Current Affairs: January 16
- Daily Current Affairs: January 17
- Daily Current Affairs: January 18
- Daily Current Affairs: January 19
- Daily Current Affairs: January 20
- Daily Current Affairs: January 21
- Daily Current Affairs: January 22
- Daily Current Affairs: January 23
- Daily Current Affairs: January 24
- Daily Current Affairs: January 25
- Daily Current Affairs: January 26
- Daily Current Affairs: January 27
- Daily Current Affairs: January 28
- Daily Current Affairs: January 29
- Daily Current Affairs: January 30
- Daily Current Affairs: January 31