Daily Current Affairs 25 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 25 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 25 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 25 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Rooftop Solar projects of 40000 MegaWatt
- Government of India has set a target of 40000 MegaWatt Rooftop Solar Projects Installation by 2022.
- Minister of State (IC) of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy: Raj Kumar Singh.
2. India’s first ‘Garbage Café’ for Ragpickers
- India’s first Garbage Cafe has been launched in Ambikapur in Chhattisgarh.
- Municipal Corporation will provide food to the poor and homeless in lieu of plastic waste.
- Persons fetching 1 kg plastic waste will be offered a full meal and like that.
3. 75% Private Jobs for locals
- Andhra Pradesh has become first state to reserve 75% Private Jobs for locals.
- Andhra Pradesh Assembly has passed Andhra Pradesh Employment of Local Candidates in Industries/Factories Act, 2019.
- Capitals: Amaravati || Statehood: 1 November 1956 || Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy || Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
4. Aaykar Diwas 2019
- Central Board of Direct Taxes celebrated the 159th Income Tax Day (AaykarDiwas) on 24th July.
- On 24th July 1860 that Income Tax was introduced for the first time in India by Sir James Wilson.
1. UKEIRI Mobility Programme: Study in India
- ‘UKEIRI Mobility Programme: Study in India’ is a new India-UK bilateral pilot scheme.
- It is launched by Universities UK International (UUKi) and British Council India.
- Aim: Opportunities for undergraduate students at UK universities to visit India by March 2021.
2. New United States Secretary of Defense
- Mark Thomas Esper is the 27th and current United States secretary of defense.
- He previously served as acting secretary of defense and was the 23rd United States secretary of the Army from 2017 to 2019. Prior to joining the Defense Department, Esper was an American corporate executive and military veteran.
3. Li Peng passes away
- Former Chinese Premier Li Peng has passed away.
- Li Peng was known as the ‘Butcher of Beijing’ for his role in the Tiananmen Square crackdown on pro-democracy protesters in 1989.
- The Premier of the State Council of the People’s Republic of China, sometimes also referred to informally as the “Prime Minister”, is the Leader of the State Council of China, who is the head of government and holds the highest rank in the Civil Service.
1. RuPay JCB Global Cards
- National Payments Corporation of India and Japan Credit Bureau International has launched ‘RuPay JCB Global Cards’.
- It will be accepted in India at all POS terminals and ATMs that accept JCB cards.
- The National Payments Corporation of India is an umbrella organisation for operating retail payments and settlement systems in India.
- NPCI: Headquarters location: Mumbai || Founded: 2008
- Dilip Asbe is the current managing director and chief executive officer of the NPCI after AP Hota.
- JCB Co. Ltd. is a credit card company based in Tokyo, Japan. It is accepted at JCB merchants, it has strategic alliances with Discover Network merchants in the United States, UnionPay merchants in China, American Express merchants in Canada, and RuPay merchants in India.
2. Vihaan Networks Ltd with Vietnam
- Vihaan Networks Ltd (VNL) has drafted a pact with Vietnam to develop digital villages.
- Capital: Hanoi || Currency: Vietnamese dong || Official language: Vietnamese
3. Telangana Government with World Economic Forum’s Centre for Fourth Industrial Revolution Network
- Telangana Government and ‘World Economic Forum’s Centre for Fourth Industrial Revolution Network’ are going to launch a project to deliver emergency medical supplies such as blood and vaccines via drones.
- Telangana: Capital: Hyderabad || Official song: Jaya Jaya He Telangana || Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao || Governor: ESL Narasimhan
4. Bharat Chamber of Commerce with BRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Bharat Chamber of Commerce has signed an MoU with BRICS of Commerce and Industry for promoting trade and investments between BRICS countries and eastern part of India.
- BRICS is the acronym coined for an association of five major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. Originally the first four were grouped as “BRIC”, before the induction of South Africa in 2010.
1. Mohun Bagan Ratna
- Olympic Gold Medallist Indian field hockey player Keshav Dutt was conferred with ‘Mohun Bagan Ratna’.
- Former Indian Football Captain Prasun Banerjee was conferred with ‘Mohun Bagan Ratna’.
- Mohun Bagan Athletic Club is a professional association football club based in West Bengal, India. The club was established on 15 August 1889 by Bhupendra Nath Bose and is the oldest existing association football club in India and one of the oldest clubs in Asia.
2. Israel Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships
- Rani Banga(11-year-old) has won Gold Medal at Israel Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships.
- Israel Rhythmic Gymnastics Championship is an annual championship held in Israel’s northern city of Holon.
3. Maharaja Ranjit Singh Award
- Olympic Gold Medallist Balbir Singh was conferred with Maharaja Ranjit Singh Award.
- The Maharaja Ranjit Singh Award, is an award given by the Government of Punjab for excellence and achievement in the service of Punjab in the field of Sport. This can be at the Olympic level, World Championship level, national and other international sporting arenas.
- Balbir Singh Dosanjh is a former hockey player from India. He is a three-time Olympic gold champion having played a key role in India’s wins in London, Helsinki, and Melbourne Olympics.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31